PLACE FOR SUGGESTIONS

• Polyvore Forever

Can there be a way to exclude/include sets from groups we have joined when we publish the set? Some of my sets end up in groups where they don't fit and overall I have seen sets where they don't belong clog up more themed groups so it's hard to find what you were looking for in the group.

• Please, do something so that we can arrange the sets within the collections, change the order of the sets after it's already in the collection.

• @matilda-stuart Exactly what I asked for! That's the only thing it's not good for me here!

• Twisted Gypsies

@ellie-vieira AMEN AMEN AMEN!

• I’ve emailed urstyle regarding this but i think i can mention it here as well...we need a function that can lock items when making a set! I remember that we had it on polyvore and it was great. It drives me insane when i make a set and when i want to move an object, another object moves instead. Yes i know you can press the backward button, but then you have to put all the items in order which takes a loooong time, especially when working with shadows 😞

• Twisted Gypsies

@gadot Are you working in the app? I don't have this issue with the desktop version, which you can use from a tablet... Also, most smartphones have a DESKTOP SITE feature at the top of a website screen where the three horizontal lines are. Give it a try!

• @funkyjunkygypsy No, on my laptop.

• @gadot I so agree with you. I wish for a feature that allows the ability to cycle through the layered items. It is one reason I am not on Urstyle more often.

• Design Styles Defined

@gadot it’s super annoying

• Color Crush!

I have a very different wish. I would love to have the "urstyle" software application on my desktop computer so that I could work with integrated other programs and then publish it. I am missing so many features that I would like to help this with other programs. I have illustrator and photoshop installed but would love to have a "mood board" functionality in these software pieces, just like in polyvore or in urstyle.
    Is there any possibility to buy (no subscription scheme please) the urstyle software for windows?? If not, is there any software anybody could recommend that offers or comes close to mood board functionality?
    Looking forward to your suggestions!! Thanks much in advance!

• Twisted Gypsies

@gadot Surprising.... Have you updated your browser? What browser do you use?

• Twisted Gypsies

@corfu111 Until your wish is granted, I do have a collection of Moodboard Frames to use to build Sets with...

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/53498

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/54306

• Color Crush!

@funkyjunkygypsy Oh, swell! Thank you, funkyjunkygipsy! I already tried one. Not bad to have ready-made frames. Had fun with it!
    But still looking for software ideas, and my naming it mood board is only one part of it, actually. So that's my bad. I can't come up with the proper name. In fact, if I choose "collage" or "mood board", my search gets limited to exactly these keywords. Well, actually looking for "urstyle" software which can be used on a desktop pc. Would you happen to know something about that, too?

• @funkyjunkygypsy Yep! I use google chrome.

• Twisted Gypsies

@gadot Hmmm... I'm assuming it's up-to-date or the little green arrow would show in the upper right hand corner. Have you done a sweep, cleaning out your history and cookies? What about on the computer itself? There may be what's known as a .temp file interfering.

You can download a free (SAFE) version of CCleaner and use it to clean both your browser and your junk files. It won't delete anything you have created or any of your programs, just "shadow" files. You may also want to check to see if you have malware or something else causing a problem, but I would use CCleaner first and use it regularly, like once a month.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download (Download and install the FREE version)

Let me know how you make out!

• Twisted Gypsies

@corfu111 No, sorry! I don't know of any software that integrates with UrStyle. There are photo programs you can use to create images to upload to UrStyle, but they do not connect to UrStyle in the way I think you're suggesting. Canva lets you create boards and collages. You can save the images and upload them here, but using the UrStyle Clipper, you can upload individual images and then play with them here. Do you use the UrStyle Clipper?

• @funkyjunkygypsy I’ve done all that and i use Ccleaner regularly 😔

• Twisted Gypsies

@gadot Well, then perhaps the issue is UrStyle itself, which is good news for you (in that, your laptop is working well!) UrStyle doesn't have a locking feature (as you know) and often, when Sets are saved as Drafts and later re-opened, things are out of alignment again. It IS very frustrating.

What I do when I'm working with something 'questionable' -- (in that; I'm not sure if I've selected the item I wish to move or if I clicked on something else) is that once selected, I hit DUPLICATE to see which item is selected. If the wrong item is duplicated, then I know I missed my target, so to speak, and I move the mouse about and try again.

Another work-around I've found that is NOT perfect by any means, is to keep saving the Set as a Draft while you're working on it. Worst case, if it really gets off-kilter, you can open the draft version and make the small adjustments you'll need to, as again, even Drafts don't save perfectly.

UrStyle's alignment (or lack of) has been an issue for awhile now. They're supposed to be releasing updates this month, so perhaps that will be addressed. In the meantime, at least your laptop is all up-to-date and clear of anything that may cause mouse trouble! Whatever pointing device you do use has 'drivers' that make it operate and you may want to go into Settings and check for a newer driver version just to make selecting more smooth for ya!

🙂

• Color Crush!

@funkyjunkygypsy Thank you! Yes, I do use the urstyle clipper. I like clipping my own items, mainly from Pinterest.
    I am not necessarily looking for a software that integrates with urstyle but rather a software that is similar to urstyle!
    I want to blend png images easily like in urstyle by drag 'n drop. This is far more complex in the "big" software products like Photoshop.

Canva looks like a good product, I even stumbled upon a note saying that there was a windows desktop version. Not sure if this is correct. I'll have to check that again. But Canva seems to come very close to what I am looking for. Thank you for reminding me!!

I am also looking into the products by Affinity (Photo, Publisher, Designer) but couldn't see the easy drag n drop thing yet. The drag n drop in urstyle reminds me of what we find with scrapbooking software. But if I search with this keyword, I only get simple scrapbook software where I cannot blend images.

• @funkyjunkygypsy I nowadays use the second option as i've learned from my mistakes when spending over an hour making a set and then ruining it just by moving the wrong item 😄 Although the problem there, as you mention, is the whole out of alignment thing when re-opening it. I really, really hope that they will add a locking feature in one of their updates.

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.