Message from Damian...
-
I had sent a message to Damian back on Jul 22 and he did respond but unfortunately I just realized he did. It's somewhat helpful and I felt he was at least very honest about the current and even future of URSTYLE, but I'll let you all judge for yourselves

Anyway, this was his response:
***Hi, the project is not currently being actively developed; it is only being kept alive. From the very beginning, the project has not been profitable, and the work invested in it has never paid off. At the moment, it generates ongoing monthly maintenance costs. Personally, I am focusing on other work in order to keep it running.
I do not plan to shut down URSTYLE. My plan is to raise some additional funding and build a new version from scratch, using modern technologies, so that it will be more reliable and stable.
I have also recently started working with CombyneApp, which has millions of users but is also experiencing problems with its application. It is possible that we will join forces.
In any case, URSTYLE users’ accounts are safe. Apart from the temporary outages we are currently experiencing, nothing bad is happening.***
-
Sincerely appreciated for the actual info. XOX
-
@cindu12 Thanks so much, Cindy, this is so good to hear directly from Damian and what his thoughts are/have been re: URSTYLE & it's future! We can only hope that more positive developments occur, especially re: the funding of running this site, so it continues to provide such an enjoyable, creative outlet for those of us who use it regularly!
Also, I hope you have been doing better, we all miss your fabulous dolls so much!
Blessings, Paulette {Aug 5, 2026} -
@cindu12 Thank you so much for passing this information to us. Hope you are well, we miss you. xx
-
@cindu12 Thanks ever so much for the info, it sure gives a safer feeling for all of us about the future of URSTYLE . Hope you are feeling beter and looking forwards to see your wonderful sets once you feel for it , sending hugs my dear

-
@cindu12 This is what I expected when reading between the lines of Damian's previous responses. Thanks for sharing the update.
Honestly, I've stopped uploading items because I know that when a lot of users are uploading at the same time, it can put a huge strain on the server and slow everything down. I'm glad there are no plans to shut the site down voluntarily, but I suspect we'll continue to see occasional glitches, outages, and downtime if the server remains overloaded.
I posted something similar on FB a while ago. Thanks again for the update, and best of luck to all my beautiful creators and stylists.
xo, Ivy
-
@cindu12 Thank you for this update. We've all been concerned about the site. I've always been baffled by how these websites make money to run and prosper. --what can we do to help, if anything?
Hugs to you Cindy. And wags from my dog to yours!!
-
Thanks for the info!
-
@cindu12 Thanks Cindy (and good to see you back).
I honestly am not surprised with this information. Urstyle not being a profitable project is a given, considering we all hate the advertising - which is what funds a site like this. We are extremely fortunate for Urstyle to still being running, considering it would cost them monthly to maintain. I am guessing it will not last for ever though, so be prepared for big changes or a shut down (eventually). -
Thanks for sharing Damian’s reply with us. I think his feedback sounds open and honest, at the very least—even though, of course, some questions remain unanswered.
I find his explicit statement that URSTYLE isn't being shut down—and that he wants to develop a new version in the long run—particularly interesting. At the same time, we have to be realistic: it seems like URSTYLE isn't currently undergoing active development, but is basically just being kept on life support.
I can understand him focusing on other projects while trying to cover URSTYLE’s operating costs. A potential collaboration with CombyneApp could also open up new opportunities—though it remains to be seen if and when anything actually comes of that.
Personally, I don’t want to be either too optimistic or too pessimistic. I find it reassuring that user accounts are safe and there are no plans to shut down the site. Still, we’ll just have to wait and see if Damian can actually follow through on his plans for a new version of URSTYLE.
Overall, I appreciate that he took the trouble to reply in such detail and give us some insight into the current situation. That’s definitely more transparency than we’ve seen lately.
Anyway, thanks for asking and for sharing his reply... Best regards, Kapua
-
@pwhiteaurora Thank you dearest Paulette! I miss all of you as well and hope to be back very soon! Doing much better and I so appreciate your kind words!!



for our dear URSTYLE!!
-
@lastchance Thank you sweetheart! I miss you too! Doing much better and hope to be back soon! Much love!



-
@greta-martin Thank you Greta sweetie for your kind words as well! Doing much better, and hope to return soon! Miss you all as well!!



-
@mahvelus-24-7 Many thanks Ivy dear! I agree on the upload timing and feel cautiously optimistic for the sites future.




-
@laughingdog My pleasure Korinne sweetie! Hope you are well and hugs and kisses to you and LuLu sends wags back!!



-
@bev Hi Bev and hope you are doing well my dear!


-
@ollie Thank you Ollie sweetie and I hope to return soon! Be well!!


-
@kapua-blume Thank you Kapua sweetie for your thoughts. I appreciated your analogy and we are definitely on the same page. I am remaining cautiously optimistic for now and was surprised he even responded with such a lengthy reply and what I felt was quite honest as well! One day at a time for now!


