๐“ˆ๐‘œ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“Œ๐“‡๐’พ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐’ถ ๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“Ž, ๐’ฝ๐“Š๐’ฝ?

• สœแดแดก แด›แด แดกส€ษชแด›แด‡: ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ผ๐“ช๐”‚

Yes, I know. I'm extremely late to the party on this, but I was looking at @lecoupdefoudre's archive, and that led me down the rabbit hole of reading everyone's "How To Write" posts from 10 months ago. I should be studying for finals, but I really loved learning about everyone, and so I am doing my own version of @mint's beautiful idea!

๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ผ๐“ช๐”‚

๐’พ'๐“‚ ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“€๐’พ๐’ธ๐“€ ๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“Œ ๐’ท๐“Š๐’ท๐’ท๐“๐‘’๐‘”๐“Š๐“‚... ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’พ'๐“‚ ๐’ถ๐“๐“ ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ท๐“Š๐’ท๐’ท๐“๐‘’ ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‚

โœฏ ษชษดsแด›แด€ษขส€แด€แด โœฏ แด˜ษชษดแด›แด‡ส€แด‡sแด› โœฏ

0_1578700129864_j4ajqb2f2ft11.jpg

๐“ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ญ๐”‚ ๐“˜๐“ท ๐“Ÿ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ด?... ๐“Ÿ๐“พ๐“ป๐“น๐“ต๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ธ๐“น๐“ฎ, ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ผ๐“ช๐”‚

แดแดแด…แด‡สŸ: I really haven't thought about what model would represent 'lil ole me, but I know that Tia Jonsson and I have similar skin tones. I have darker hair, but our eye colors are really similar and okay. I just have a huge lady boner for her because... look at her. She's so ~pretty~

แด€ษขแด‡: 17. I know, I'm the baby of this little world, right? I put off revealing my age for a long time, just because I thought maybe a bunch of college-age students would be weirded out by my age (which is a really irrational fear, but hey, people get shit over less).

ส™ษชส€แด›สœแด…แด€ส: January 20th. I know, it's coming up soon!

แดขแดแด…ษชแด€แด„: Aquarius. Technically, I'm a cusp, but according to my well-informed friend who did my birth chart for me, she says I gotta fall more into the Aquarius category than the Capricorn. I'm definitely a classic Aq., given my odd, super particular interests, my dreaming of becoming a chemical engineering and solving plastic pollution, and just my attitude towards most things.

แดแด„แด„แดœแด˜แด€แด›ษชแดษด: Library Page. I have to say, it's a really sweet job! I get to listen to music, podcasts, audiobooks, etc. when I work, and my coworkers and I get to bond over the fact that I, the youngest employee, love the same things my late-twenty=something work friends also enjoy. I realize that's very ~I'm not like other girls~ of me, but still! Also, fun fact, I work with two people named Karen, and they're both true Karens, ya dig?

แด‡แด…แดœแด„แด€แด›ษชแดษด: Junior in High School. I'm making my way, grudgingly, through junior year. I'm actually ace at getting good grades, but it's still really difficult to make it through this year. In the U.S., we have the SATs and ACTs, and I have to think about my potential colleges. I don't know if this is a new experience, but I have over 600 emails from just universities. JUST UNIVERSITIES! Never put your email on the little form when you take the SATs because it's an equal ego boost and a nightmare.

๐“ž๐“ฑ ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“Ÿ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“จ๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“–๐“ธ !

แด€ แดส€ษชษขษชษด sแด›แดส€ส: I've lived in Michigan my entire life, and it's a bit suffocating at times. My dad passed away from brain cancer when I was eight. Then, I lost my house to foreclosure from the countless medical bills and our strained income from the '08 stock market crash. Needless to say, my hometown (which I've never left by the way) is this constant reminder of stuff I'd like to be able to say I've moved past. Also, I just don't fit the ~aesthetic~ of Michigan. Here, you're either a sporty girl who vapes/does coke in the bathroom, you're Christian and conservative as fuck (not hating, I'm just not!), live in Detroit/Ferndale and are super artsy, you're a redneck living in the midwest, or you're waiting to get out of this state. I'm the latter, obviously.

แด„แด€สŸษชา“แดส€ษดษชแด€ แด…ส€แด‡แด€แดษชษด': I don't necessarily want to live in California, but I don't want to go to college in MI. In fact, my dream school is Columbia in New York. I'm totally willing to settle for NYU though... if I can afford it. And, yes, I am the midwest Lady Bird! However, I still wouldn't mind going to CalTech or something on the west coast. I really want to study abroad, preferably in Spain or Italy. Scratch that- just anywhere in Europe. I've spent so much time listening to music made by one too many European artists and spent too many years learning Spanish, attempting Italian and, in middle school, French to not live there.

๐“–๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ผ ๐“™๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ท๐“ช ๐“—๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“•๐“พ๐“ท...

sแด˜ษชส€ษชแด› แด€ษดษชแดแด€สŸ: Possum. I love possums, especially baby ones, and I feel like that represents me: perfect to mush on, avoidant of conflict, yet chaotically confrontational by trying to not be?

แด„แดสŸแดส€: Green. If you hadn't noticed yet ๐Ÿ˜‰

sแด‡แด€sแดษด: Fall. I can't stand summer clothes. As a thick girl, shorts make my thighs itch, I can't wear jeans and cute sweaters because I'll die of heat stroke. Fall, though, is where it's at. Pretty colors, and I can dress warm without having to wear a big ass coat!

แดแด‡แด…ษชแด€: I love filmmaking! I have only made a few short films here and there for school, but I still really appreciate the art form. It's just as powerful as novels, and I think that's what makes it really interesting. I'm no ~snob~ though; I like what I like, and I respect that other people might not love one move because of X or Y. I believe in just doing what makes you feel good, and as long as you're doing that, I'm not gonna give you any shit for it (okay, I will playfully mock you... but still, I'm not one to get into serious debates over differing opinions on anything, esp something so subjective as film)

แด›แด  sสœแดแดกs:
    โœฏ Shameless (some shows you watch because the comforting presence of the chaotic Gallagher family puts you to sleep)
    โœฏ Elite (bro... I have watched this show one too many times... I need season three now!)
    โœฏ Parks & Rec
    โœฏ Spongebob
    โœฏ You
    โœฏ Noragami
    โœฏ Sex Education
    โœฏ Modern Family
    โœฏ Mad Men
    โœฏ The Handmaid's Tale
    โœฏ Skins (I refuse to watch past season 2, sorry! UPDATE: I finally broke and watched seasons 3 & 4. I'm gonna cry now.)

แดแดแด ษชแด‡s:
    โœฏ 28 Days Later (The optimism, the creativity, ugh... my heart!)
    โœฏ No Country For Old Men
    โœฏ Buffalo '66
    โœฏ Dog Day Afternoon
    โœฏ There Will Be Blood
    โœฏ Reservoir Dogs
    โœฏ The Spongebob Movie (First one... take that 3D animated bullshit outta here!)
    โœฏ Call Me By Your Name (This one... oh it has defined my life; I call this movie a formative one for a multitude of reasons)
    โœฏ A Clockwork Orange
    โœฏ Reality Bites (This is where the Ethan Hawke and Winona train boards... choo choo!)
    โœฏ Before Sunrise & all the sequels
    โœฏ Dead Poet's Society
    โœฏ Heathers
    โœฏ Lady Bird
    โœฏ La Haine (This movie slaps so hard...)
    โœฏ Drive
    โœฏ Harold & Maude
    โœฏ Fight Club
    โœฏ Say Anything (I will defend this movie as a prime piece of cinema until my very death. It's beautiful, and although I'm biased because John Cusack is gorgeous here, the pure optimism in this movie is an instant upper)
    โœฏ American Beauty

ส™แดแดแด‹s:
    โœฏ The Catcher in the Rye (I am a self-proclaimed Holden Caulfield stan)
    โœฏ Fahrenheit 451
    โœฏ The Great Gatsby (Also a Gatsby stan... that optimism lookin' mighty sexy @fitzgerald)
    โœฏ 1984
    โœฏ The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
    โœฏ Macbeth
    โœฏ Their Eyes Were Watching God
    โœฏ The Handmaid's Tale
    โœฏ Call Me By Your Name and Find Me (Delicious... formative experience points are up by 20 with these beauts)
    โœฏ Anna Karenina (okay but we really only vibe with Levin & Kitty because Anna is annoying for the last third of the novel. I get it's cause she's her own self-destruction but. It's like Tolstoy thought "this is how all women act right?" and I find that particularly annoying)

แดแดœsษชแด„:
    โœฏ The Clash (they are literally my favorite band... Joe Strummer is my dream dad, if that's even a thing. Also, Paul Simonon is the reason I love skinny white boys... if you don't believe me, look him up. He really is the original eboy)
    โœฏ The Jam
    โœฏ X-Ray Spex (girl saxophonist in a punk band... my favorite)
    โœฏ Nirvana
    โœฏ My Chemical Romance (okay, so this one is subject to change, considering I'm having an emo-revival phase, but still. Their music goes hard.)
    โœฏ Hozier (my forest-nymph-manic-pixie-dream boy with his folk music... man could murder me and I'd get why)
    โœฏ The Smiths (the attitude tho)
    โœฏ Artic Monkeys
    โœฏ The Cure
    โœฏ Jonathan Richman
    โœฏ McCafferty
    โœฏ N.W.A.
    โœฏ Public Enemy
    โœฏ Joji
    โœฏ The Neighbourhood
    โœฏ Wallows (ugh... my love)
    โœฏ Hole
    โœฏ Lorde
    โœฏ Rosalรญa
    โœฏ The Velvet Underground

สแดแดœแด›แดœส™แด‡:
    โœฏ Cody Ko
    โœฏ Noel Miller
    โœฏ iDubbz (yes, very controversial, but as I said, I'm not really judge-y as long as you're not an intolerant asshole, and he definitely isn't despite the use of slurs I'm not a fan of.)
    โœฏ Jenna Marbles (75% of my humor comes from her and Julien. Plus, their podcasts always slap, so I'm on a constant dose of her)
    โœฏ Jenny Nicholson
    โœฏ Kurtis Connor
    โœฏ Drew Gooden
    โœฏ Nerd City
    โœฏ Pewdiepie
    โœฏ Call Me Kevin (he's just this spectacularly funny Irish gamer that I wish I had more time and stamina to watch)
    โœฏ Okay so I forgot this other guy's name but he's a film student at NYU and he makes really pretentious reviews of TV and film. He's a god. I love him, but I always disagree with him and get angry and it's just a good release.

sแด›สสŸแด‡: I wish it remained constant. Most days, I dress like a grandmother. But like... a cool, hip one. My friends will say that I'm just Maude from Harold and Maude but aged down, which is fairly accurate. Some days, I get the urge to dress like I'm a punk or I'm a specific character in a movie (I have an Elio look, a Willy Wonka outfit with Annet Benning's hair from American Beauty. Others, I dress kind of like a sweet Amish girl.

แด˜แด€sแด›ษชแดแด‡s:
    โœฏ This blood-sucking website
    โœฏ Driving to Walmart or CVS with friends, because there's nothing to do...
    โœฏ Watching movies and then writing scandalous reviews on Letterboxd
    โœฏ I consume too much TikTok for this earth
    โœฏ Snuggling with my dog, Chancey.

๐“ข๐“ธ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ฎ... ๐“จ๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ค๐“ฐ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ž๐“ป ๐“ข๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ?

แดส า“แด‡แด€แด›แดœส€แด‡s:
    โœฏ Blonde hair, cut like Molly Ringwald's from Pretty In Pink because we stan Andy & her looks. Also- Duck deserved better & Blaine is stupid and creepy. End of story.
    โœฏ Green eyes. They're really more of this weird jumble of blue, grey, and green. It's just simpler to call 'em green.
    โœฏ Lactose intolerant. I'm currently suffering from a dairy-induced stomach-ache
    โœฏ 5'6''... I really thought I was 5'9'', but boy was I wrong! Or I just shrunk...
    โœฏ Thick. Both mentally and physically. I'm not plus-size, though. I'm this weird in-between size that can never find the right clothes, so I'm always mildly irritated by the clothes I wear.
    โœฏ Big Feet. I thought internet-people should know I am bigfoot. I have a size twelve, women's. Thank God I love Chucks and Docs or else I'd be in big trouble (almost as big as my feet)!
    โœฏ Big Ass Smile. Whenever I'm exuberant, you will find that snapping a picture of me reveals that my eyes fold into my face whenever I smile. It's so bad that in my sophomore picture that I looked like I was doing a racist impression of an Asian person, like I was trying to hold my skin back to make my eyes slanted. Nope, it's just the tragedy that is my smile! I still think it's one of my best features though; it just never picks up right on camera.
    โœฏ Lip Bitin'. My lips are a helluva lot bigger than freshman year due to the fact that I constantly bite them, so beat that Kylie Jenner Challenge...
    โœฏ Tattoos and piercings. I don't currently have any (other than my ears), but I would love to have both. I want a nose piercing for my seventeenth, and I want a small, lavender-inked house with a heart-shaped window into the attic and pastel-green trees on my wrist, eventually.

๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ต๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ๐“ผ, ๐“‘๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“œ๐”‚ ๐“–๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“˜๐“ผ ๐“’๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ

แด€sแด˜ษชส€แด€แด›ษชแดษดs: I mentioned this earlier, but I want to be a chemical engineer! I plan on developing alternative, dissolvable and easy to produce plastics. I also want to look into alternative fuel resources. I care immensely about the climate crisis we're facing, and I believe that we can't ask people to change their lifestyles by removing plastics. They're too easy to produce, and, coming from a low-income household, they're easy to buy. AHAHAA UPDATE! THiS ALL CHANGED! My English class had an existentialism unit, and I realized how much I wanted to do chem because I thought it would make other people proud of me. Now, I want to do something in sociology because I love talking about how cultures interact with each other and how these interactions affect people.

I also mentioned I want to go to Columbia. I'm not the type of person to do something for the status of it (hell, it took me a year to buy Airpods, the status symbol of Gen-Z kids, and I only broke because I wanted them so I could easily dance and move around at work). I love Columbia because they have this really unique curriculum and their financial aid program is perfect for me! Right now, the only stopping me from being a perfect candidate is my SAT score, which I'm busting to get better... If only the U.S. realized standardized testing is a classist program! (Sorry, but not all of us can afford to take the test more than maybe twice or afford a tutor... and I'm one of those people)

สŸษชา“แด‡: This isn't super pertinent info, but I'm bisexual (hence the Sweater Weather lyric). It took me forever before I finally realized and felt secure enough to admit to my friends my sexuality. I still kind of struggle with it, but I chop a lot of that up to the fact that I will have phases where I'm more attracted to one gender over the other. I only put this in because I love bisexual humor... like make fun of my cuffed jeans and the fact that I love Hozier! I'm not out to my mom... mostly because she's one of those people who don't get that it's not "selfish." Overall, she and I have a strained relationship, with or without the whole sexuality thing. Just ~single mom & only kid tingz~.

Suffering from general malaise since my dad's death, my mental health plummeted this school year. According to my therapist (which I'm really proud I started seeing), I might just have been having a depressive episode, but it has only had brief reprieves. I started feeling better over my holiday break, but now that school has started again, I'm kind of back to the same feeling, though less intense. I spent the past few months with a cloud over me, and any attempts to be happier were kind of a moot point. Point being, I don't really know if I'm clinically depressed or just having a hard time, which is incredibly frustrating! I'm one of those people who needs to know why something happens, and boy is this conundrum infuriating! Still, I try to be positive and move through the motions! Point is: I'm no stranger to just inexplicable discontent, and I'm here for anyone :)!

๐“จ๐“ธ๐“พ'๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ก๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“™๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“•๐“พ๐“ต๐“ฏ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ญ ๐“๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ช ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท? ๐“จ๐“ฎ๐“ผ.

แดส แด„สœษชสŸแด…ส€แด‡ษด (They're All My Favorites):
    โœฏ Avery | Vroom Vroom Witches
    โœฏ E.T. | How To Make It
    โœฏ Amina | A Midwinter's Night Dream
    โœฏ Estrella | Something Wicked
    โœฏ Violet | Dark Galaxies
    โœฏ Aran | Dungeons & Dragons

แด€ แดœส€sแด›สสŸแด‡ แดส€ษชษขษชษด sแด›แดส€ส:
    I was fairly active on pโœฏly when I was ten/eleven. I roleplayed on the website Stardoll, which is essentially a doll-making website that you can join "clubs." It's pretty much the kiddie version of urstyle without the ability to make sets and instead with the power to dress up a doll! I used pโœฏly to create outfits for my characters since roleplay was totally something I thought of as make-believe... but online! The community began to die out on Stardoll, and I discovered there were so many groups on pโœฏly that also roleplayed. I roleplayed for a few months with this one group where we were like those Monster High characters but they were the Grimm fairytale characters (??). I honestly don't remember, but then I took a permanent break from pโœฏly because I wasn't supposed to be communicating with ~internet people~ at age twelve. Suddenly, I grew a conscience and deleted my profile.

Then, the website-which-shall-not-be-named died before I could get remember that I loved roleplaying when I was younger. I was googling my old user (you don't want to know it... it was something totally asinine that I'm fairly sure was spelled wrong), just because I remembered making some cool dolls before leaving the site and wanted to see if they were still on Pinterest or something. That's when I simultaneously discovered that pโœฏly died and urstyle had risen in its place. I was hyper-determined to relive my roleplaying experience, so I signed up, starting searching for active groups, and here we are!

1802 8 5 Share

Comments (7)
  • NANOWRIMO ๐Ÿ“

YOOOOO Lindsay this was so fun to read!!!! Thank you for sharing so much with us <3!!! I feel you on wanting to go to Spain - I'm literally a Spanish major & don't think I'll ever get the chance to study abroad ๐Ÿ˜ž

It's so cool that you already know that you wanna do ChemE, it sounds like a super hard program lol (I have friends who are in that at my school and they're like. always dying RIP). it's also super cool to find another person who maybe wants to go into the environmental field on this site!!! I think envi sci is super interesting but i can't deal with STEM so I'm more of 'environmental studies' lololol

i'm so glad you're on this site!!! I love all your chars/sets so much โค & I've followed you on IG, if that's okay! my handle is the same on here!!! โค โค

• @ayzrules bruh I totally get you on not dealing with STEM! Some days I for real wanna rip my hair out and say I don't believe in science. LIke can I just be a flat earther so I can just play pretend? And say all we need to do is like vacuum the earth and no more greenhouse gases? And pretend gravity only exists because I want it to? Because this STEM and chemistry bullshit... ain't doin' it, ma'am. But then most days I'm like goo-goo for gaga over it... so it's all worth it? lol.

Also yessss... a fellow Spanish lover! I'm so determined to be fluent, even if I don't continue to study it in school. If you ever wanna chat in Spanish, lemme know! ๐Ÿ™‚

You're so sweet, by the way! And super talented! I can't make dolls for the life of me, so I just stick to fashion sets and moodboards, but you... girl you're on a whole other plane when it comes to making sets. You just finesse so hard with your dolls! I love your characters and how so many of them are bad bitches but in their own way (Like Mei-Ying is cold whilst Angie is just like * calls you out in pink pigtails *).

• actual footage of my reaction after finding out you're only sixteen:

alt text

i love that you made this so we can all get an opportunity to get to know you better! you're so young - you literally have your whole life waiting in front of you !!!!! your taste in movies and music blows my mind and is it weird that we literally watch the same youtubers even though i'm like 7(?) years older than you lmao.

i wanna give you a hug for all the things you've gone through and a high five because i'm proud of you for going to therapy and seeking help, because honestly, therapy is the best thing ever and it helps a lot! you're so ambitious (wish that was me @ both 16 and now lmao) and i'm sending you so many good vibes because you're smart and deserve to get into your school of choice and make the world we live in a much better place!!!!

p.s. i'm gonna hit your ig a follow; my handle is literally the same: spacelava but if you don't feel comfortable having me there, that's completely fine.

• NANOWRIMO ๐Ÿ“

@bumbles_guthrie LOL BIG MOOD. i can handle a little bit of STEM but like, once they start talking about hard stuff, i'm like aight time to head out

i'm totally down to practice if you want! I'm also in this super awesome spanish/english discord server; it's pretty big & i'm only active when I need help with my homework (that translation you read thru for me included, hehe) but i'll drop the link here anyway in case you're interested! โค there are a ton of native speakers from a ton of different countries in it, and it's literally such a blessing
    https://discord.gg/XtzDGkt

You are also such a ray of goddamn sunshine, i can't EVEN!!! and like, the only reason I never ever EVER make fashion sets is because i'm too 0 IQ for it. like, fashion sets require so much creativity and i just. do not have the brain capacity ;DDDD teach me your skills!!!

(also, thank you for loving my terrible fight-y girls, i have a very distinct Type (TM) when it comes to characters and bad bitches are like, 75% of it LOL)

• i actually thought i was the youngest but happy soon to be birthday my dude! i've seen joji, wallows, hozier, the neighbourhood, and artic monkeys in concert,, i'm big in love with their music to! and your taste in films is like amazing?? i did a shoot the other day that was 'a clockwork orange' themed and my face is still stained by the fake blood, lol.

i'm really glad i got to learn more about you through this, & i'm kinda in love with columbia as well, despite being committed to somewhere else. (it's a beatnik thing i guess,). bisexual gang! i figured out when i was your age, and i'm the bi stereotype all the way. septum piercing, love for hozier, one earring and cuffed jeans. your awful cool. this was a fun read

• Omg don't be ashamed about your age for a second! We were all on this website at 13 too, and you're obviously much more mature than I was at that age. I honestly feel like most teens these days are? Maybe it's just because my own little sister is 15. I don't know. Gen Z wildin'.

This was such a fun read! I hope you find all the wild adventures all over the world that your heart desires. And good luck on all the junior year bullshit! You can do it!!

Sooo admirable to want to be a chemical engineer! One of my friends is one, and he is lovin' life. He also travels LIKE CRAZY for his job. It seems like a very amazing field, especially if you want to use it to save the world. What's not to love?

• @spacelava @lecoupdefoudre @rareamerican
    Hi... so apparently Urstyle was glitchin' two months ago and didn't tell me y'all said some really nice things ? So this is me finally realizing that... whoops! You're all incredibly sweet & I'm happy to be on here! you all make really awesome set & always amaze me with your characters & group ideas :))) sorry it took me forever to see these!

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.