i'm so ugly but that's okay

• 0_1577841036243_86f35ededa630c6ccf4b5fb3bc452db4.png

0_1577841087425_6a214144-a693-46c9-bee7-aa89ac2b564b_original.png

I'm so lonely but that's okay I shaved my head / And I'm not sad / And just maybe I'm to blame for all I've heard / But I'm not sure
    -𝔏ithium by 𝔑irvana

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

𝕻laylist 𝕻interest

1006 2 1 Share

Comments (1)

• 0_1577841177343_654aeba7976b6f55d240c4cc87bfd49b.png

0_1577842277884_Liv Tyler in “Stealing Beauty” (1996).jpeg

❝𝕴 𝖘uppose 𝖞ou're 𝖑ooking 𝖋or 𝖆 𝖕roper 𝖗esponse?❞

Mild Content Warning Concerning Mental Illness; Not really a biggie, but in case you're triggered by discussion of someone's experiences with Bipolar Disorder

☽ 𝕱ull 𝕹ame: Avery Pasquel
    ☽ 𝕹icknames: A. She's a pretty simple girl; if you really want to shorten her name, initials is all you're getting.
    ☽ 𝕬ge: 20
    ☽ 𝕬ppearance:
    Following in the footsteps of the stereotypical bikers, Avery walks around with a toothpick in her mouth. When she's upset or pensive about something, you can often find her biting down, hard, on it or swiveling it around in her mouth. Another one of her nervous ticks is her inability to let her hair remain down. Subconsciously, Avery pulls her hair up only to let it down again, or she's constantly tucking it back to the point where she's rubbed the back of her ears raw. She can have the tendency to stomp when she walks, though not obviously. Avery just lacks a little bit of the grace she would appear to have. In her words, "Fuck blasé, predictable femininity!". Talking to her can be a battle. She's always slightly too loud or too soft-spoken. Because of this, she can be kind of unnerving to talk to. She always speaks with a whimsical tone, even if her volume suggests she's anything but feathery or light. Despite adhering to a lot of the expectations for female bikers, Avery's style vastly differs depending on the day. Still, she has three aesthetics: "just smoked a bowl and I don't want to be here" (imagine beaten Chucks, beanie, ratty band shirt, you know- the works), "ready to stomp a bitch in my Filas" (pictured above), and "the biker tracksuit" (this is really just her work uniform, and it consists of her cut, jeans, and her purple Docs). Diversity is her thing; she believes humanity isn't destined to be one person at the same time.
    ☽ 𝕾exual 𝕺rientation: She identifies as straight to her family, but, in actuality, she's bi as fuck (She believes liking men is a disease). She lies to her family because "It's just easier, given everything".
    ☽ 𝕭asic 𝕴nformation:
    FC: Liv Tyler ('90s)
    CC: 640CA3

0_1577843631234_c0bc1876ce52baee7d5958d70ce1aefb.png

☽ 𝕸agic 𝕿ype: Energy
    ☽ 𝕸agic 𝕾trengths: When Avery's around, every Wiccan's magic is amped up a notch. She doesn't have much control over this, but she's trying to learn to dampen other Wiccan's magic (which isn't going so well; it requires a certain amount of deceptiveness that she doesn't have). Because she has a tendency to draw into her shell, the one part of her magic that she can do without any trouble (and she'd argue she does it "fan-fucking-tastically") is forcefield creation. Her forcefields are usually incredibly strong and unable to be broken easily. This is due to the fact that Avery has a tendency to be insecure and only practice at what she's already good at. As a good calculator of character, Avery is also adept at sensing energy- whether it's used by Wiccan, machinery, or even a human's energy.
    ☽ 𝕸agic 𝖂eaknesses: Unfortunately, Avery's magical abilities just had to match up to her personality. They can go off without her meaning to when she's feeling intense emotions, positive or negative. Because of her moodiness, she'll electrocute someone without meaning to, look a little brighter, almost like a candle happy to be lit, or she could even be a little warmer than usual, vapor coming off of her like a cartoon character. When she's pissed off (which she keeps to a minimum), these qualities are heightened. Some might call this a good thing; she can fight when she needs to. Avery would argue frying someone to bits because she can't stop thinking about how they hurt her as more of a fire hazard than a spectacular strength.
    ☽ 𝕼uirks (some are already mentioned):
                Literally glows when she's vibin'
                Although more of a habit than a quirk, she may or may not have a tendency to use her abilities to smoke. "What can I say, it's the ease of access?"
                If you've pissed off A, your hair might stand up.
                Again, another habit. She cooks all her meals without a stove. She calls it "going green"
                Her eyes get kind of wide when she senses a big use of energy. Avery doesn't know why, but they do.
                She'll literally disappear if she feels pressured by somebody. She doesn't know how she can do this (she can rarely replicate it on purpose), but she assumes it has something to do with heat energy and separation of particles. Well, she gets a big ass fuckin' headache and her body hurts all over after she does it, so she's assuming she's vaporizing herself.
    ☽ 𝖁irtues:
               Seen as a positive by her, Avery is overly honest. If you ask her opinion, she isn't going to bullshit you. According to her, "You shouldn't ask questions so I can blow smoke up your ass". Perhaps she's a hypocrite for acting as though she's supremely candor, but she believes in honesty when it's helpful. She'll keep her mouth shut if she thinks being truthful will cause a mental breakdown or something along those lines.
               Avery's on the forefront of any party. Perhaps she isn't the life force, but she's the den mother of drunken twenty-somethings. She believes in getting fucked-up without killing yourself in the process. Overall, she's the motherly-type. She often puts her own needs on the backburner for her friends and fellow Pixies (which she considers more of a family than her blood). This can cause some issues for Avery- at least concerning her illness. Because of her matriarchial instincts and blood-relatives, she is extremely loyal to her Wiccan sisters. This translates in a "mama-bear"-type of reaction to shit The Hell's Angels or The Sacred Skulls pull.
               As a fun-loving person, Avery gets caught in the moment. She'll stay out all night, dance on table tops, skinny dip, or gamble away her rent money. However, she does this all while she's manic. Perhaps this isn't a good thing, but when Avery's on a high, she doesn't give a fuck. When she's on her meds and evened out, this side of her translates into a normal amount of fun. She'll do things just cause she can and she thinks they'd be fun.
    ☽ 𝖁ices:
               Her biggest flaw is her periods where she's low. She's awful to be around (if you can even stand walking into her room with its odeur de two-week-old pizza and unwashed laundry). Usually, it's just best to leave her alone, leaving a few morsels of food outside her room, until she's able to be human again. In addition to wanting to be alone, Avery's just a fucking bitch to be around. She just gets in the mood where she wants to destroy herself and others. Overall, she sees it as something jagged and debilitating to be around to see.
               Outside of her mood episodes, Avery has a tendency to be insecure 80% of the time. She won't ever tell anyone; she has an image to uphold. Still, she constantly second-guesses herself, biting down on her toothpick, until it passes and she can move onto another flaw with her magic, personality, how she communicates, or how good of a daughter she is. Hell, Avery even nit-picks about how emotional she is on the inside despite pretending she's an impenetrable force.
               Oh yeah, about that whole "tougher-than-nails-I-don't-give-a-fuck-about-you" attitude, it's all a sham. Still, it prevents Avery from connecting with people outside of The Pixies. She's seemingly unapproachable, despite being quite lively. This feeds into a lot of her insecurities. What's worse is she cuts herself off when she's down which only makes her feel lonelier.
               Avery also has moments where she just zones out and can't stop thinking about her life and the choices she's made. It has a tendency to affect her mood, causing her to go from being happy to snippy in a matter of a few seconds. This causes people to sometimes avoid Avery, knowing how wish-washy her mood can be. What's worse is they chop it up to her BPD, not really understanding that it has very little, if at all, to do with that.
    ☽ 𝕻ersonality:
    ☽ 𝕷ikes:
                Sour Patch Kids
                Days where all she does is veg-out on the couch, get a little high, and watch early 2000s Pixar and Dreamworks "classics".
                Kisses in her hair.
                Listening to Nirvana while she's walking down the streets of Henderson, especially if she's off to the gas station for Dr. Pepper
                Oh, Dr. Pepper.
                If you haven't caught on yet, she likes to dabble in some herbs. On a cannabis variety.
                Dancing, either in a bar, the clubhouse, home, the gas station. Literally where ever.
                A bomb-ass party
    ☽ 𝕯islikes:
                People who pretend they're fine when they're not (Hypocritical, yes, but she doesn't pretend to be otherwise).
                People who sit on the sidelines of things because they're afraid to look stupid.
                Cherries and cherry pie
                People who're intolerant and can't see the beauty of peace ("Lookin' at you, Skull-fuckers")
                Violence
                Getting drunk (makes her feel out of control)
    ☽ 𝕱irst 𝕴mpressions:
                Avery has two first impressions: incredibly flirty and light or immensely weighted and serious. Although she's much more nuanced when you get to know her, her first impressions can turn people off. If she's in a mood to laugh, she naturally will put her hand on your forearm as she tells a joke. Avery does this because she wants your undivided attention, but it comes across as something different. She doesn't know it does, so she assumes she said the wrong thing, invited a person to dance or get high too soon, when she really comes across as a desperate flirt. Her other manner of introduction has an even lower success rate, though she is aware of why it's off-putting. When she's not at a party or in an odd elated-mood, by herself, she looks angry or pensive. She'll come across as impenetrable. Avery's voice gets gruff, her shoulders square out, and she makes herself bigger. She knows she does this, subconsciously, to protect herself and her sisterhood. She doesn't want to be seen as someone to fuck with.
    ☽ 𝕭ackground:
                As the only person with magic in her family, Avery has stood out since she was 14 and she set the microwave on fire (hence why she doesn't plug in her microwave and uses her powers). Her older brother, Gerard, has always been the golden child. She, however, has always been troublesome. On top of forcing her family to protect her secret, Avery was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I at age 16 following her "stunt" (as her mother lovingly calls it) where she broke into school and painted a "mural" of her biology teacher engaging in... well... let's say the poor man was choking. As the odd one, Avery is constantly subject to her mother's primping, comparisons to her brother, and whether or not Avery "looks normal enough". When Avery chose not to go to college, her mother was furious, claiming she'd be homeless, living in a box, within a year. Ironically, her mother told her this whilst Avery, 17, was living with Callista, her pseudo-mom post-emancipation from home at 15. Despite her mother's warnings and her brother's pleading ("Just do it for mom!"), Avery's survived on her own and makes more money than her twenty-seven-year-old brother. Although her mother would never acknowledge this.
               In addition to maintaining her relationship with her brother and mom in hopes one day they'll wake up and become better people, Avery also deals with the drama of her Wiccan life. After 𝕿he 𝕴ncident and Avery's mom throwing her out, Avery spent a solid three weeks living couch to couch. It wasn't until she found herself out of friends that she met Callista and understood why The Pixies existed. Despite living in Henderson, she wasn't too familiar with The Pixies other than her mother disapproved of them (she called them, and Avery quotes, "A bunch of drug-addict cunts who don't know their place is in the home"). Still, the girls accepted her, inducted her when she came of age, and love her like one of their own. That's how everyone is treated in The Pixies, even is people butt heads.
                Backing up, Avery met Callista on a fateful night. It was pouring rain, the temperatures were dropping below freezing, and Avery was attempting to use her new, intense abilities to keep herself warm. Callista was running to her car when she saw a lightning bolt strike one tree, over and over again. It was, as you might've guessed, Avery. Bringing the shaking girl out of the rain, Callista brought Avery home, knowing immediately that she was Wiccan. As a fellow energy-type witch, Callista sensed the intense energy coming off of Avery. It took little less than a week before Callista realized that she loved Avery as her daughter. Raising her throughout adolescence, Callista is the one who was there for Avery when she was diagnosed with BPD, when she came out as bisexual (well, if coming out to just Callista counts), and when she fell in love (or she thought she did... she's not really sure now. It might've been a manic episode), when she lost her virginity and her heart was promptly broken by him. All of the important parts, the things that make Avery the adult she is today, Callista stood by her for.
                That brings us here, where Avery is 20, and Callista isn't in her life anymore. Last year, whilst on a run, protecting a truck-load of (as Avery later found out upon the investigation) stolen car parts, Callista was ripped from her and Avery's hotel room. Found two days later strung up from a leafy, golden, autumnal tree, Callista was beaten, bloody, and irrevocably gone. Avery and the rest of the gang were out, partying at a club, letting off some steam. Callista was protecting the driver and the freighter. The police never discovered who was responsible, but The Pixies suspect it was The Sacred Skulls. They were in Vegas at the time; it was only the first night of the run, and the gang decided to have a night out- hence the hotel. Considering the police quickly did away with the matter and where they were, all signs point to Seth Chernow's grime-covered hands.
    ☽ 𝕺ther 𝕴nformation:
    ***I discuss Avery's bipolar disorder, and I know I don't speak of it in an ultra-PC way that represents how people should see mental illness. However, this is from Avery's perspective. Part of her journey as a character is realizing that all the parts of her are what make her the person she is. That being said, I'm sorry if that upset anyone
    ***Oh and I know one of her character traits is that she's moody. She genuinely is; I'm not summarizing BPD as "being moody" cause it's not, obviously.
    ***One last OOC note: I didn't forget to explain 𝕿he 𝕴ncident- it's supposed to be a secret since she doesn't want anyone to know and only her, her mom, and her brother know about it. In case you're dying to know, it's got something to do with blood on her hands.

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.