[ SOLVED ] Did anyone figure out how to fix the SETS REDUCED IN SIZE?

• Magazine Look

I've published this set last night, but it came out much smaller than it was supposed to be: https://urstyle.com/styles/1654722 😞

There's nothing on the sides, the set is just moved to the left and reduced in size (after publishing) without any apparent reason.

All items are inside the square borders ⬇
    0_1528378891078_Borders.png
    As it can be seen in this tweet, there is nothing in the background ⬇
    0_1528378943332_nobg.png
    The black background is actually empty space - that's how Twitter displays images without the background - here's an example:
    0_1528379293855_bg.png

Thanks everyone for taking time to check this out. 💝
    I hope that we can solve this problem! 🙂

• Magazine Look

P.S. I've even straightened that model photo on the right, even though it was within the square borders... The set is still smaller than normal. 😞
    0_1528379511781_5bc8863f-ec5c-4822-9793-636eaaa4cc3c_original.png

• The Story Corner

@vn1ta Yes, it is annoying when you get the set seemingly positioned just right and then it publishes up in the air or all to one side !! On Polyvore we had a button that would centre the set so you could see. I was blaming my shadows (because I use them a lot) and I thought they were perhaps pushing the set away from the edges... but yours doesn't have any shadows; so there must be some other reason ! Sorry I can't help... just commiserate 😕

• Magazine Look

@auntiehelen Thank you for the reply, dear! 🙂 I too hope that we'll manage to figure this out! I'll post here if I find out something new 💖

• Would you believe I had just the opposite happening to my set the other day? It was too big when it came back after I called back my draft to finish it. I had to try and scroll with my finger over the mouse to get the picture smaller, then redo some items. But when publishing it was the right size in the end.
    A few days ago when publishing a set only half of it appeared, bits here and there. Lucky I copy each set before publishing so I have something to refer to and copy later on.
    Strange things are happening. Let's just call them teething problems. I'm sure in the end all will be perfect.
    I did however fix the problem by once again deleting cache, cookings and website data from URstyle. What I am suspecting is every time URstyle does an update or repairs a problem, I have to reset my computer for this site. Like it's not compatable anymore. Still, there are worse things.....

• Magazine Look

@carloadofdogs Thank you for the response, dear! 🙂 I see that this is a recurring problem on the site and I'm not sure what could be causing it... The only thing that I did different from regular (when I created this set) was using/trying Opera browser... But some people say that Opera works better than Chrome, so I'm confused 🤔 🙃

I'm regularly cleaning cookies & cache and updating browser... The window was maximized or in full screen mode while I was creating...

It's even worse when only half of your set appears, I can't imagine how frustrating that must be 😞

But, in the end, this is all understandable because Urstyle is still in the development phase. They're working on improvements as we use the site, so I get it all... However, we can find some solutions to the problems here and there, and that's why I posted this topic 🙂

Hopefully, everything will work out in the future! 💖 🍀

• Magazine Look

This girl @NeverlandIsHome also reported reduced set size for this post: https://urstyle.com/styles/1639784 😞 Her background is also clear - there is no reason for the set to be this small...
    0_1528380634633_297004ff-6970-45dc-9c8e-118a971a6823_original.png

• Magazine Look

I forgot to mention that the set was published on the OUTFITS & SETS page as broken image first, then disappeared when I refreshed the page, and reappeared after a couple of minutes, but in a reduced size...

0_1528382290224_Broken_image.png

0_1528382411586_Disappear.png

0_1528382548662_Reappear.png

• URSTYLE Team

We will fix "missing" backgrounds today and check what's going on with that weird behavior of pushing set to the left side

• Magazine Look

@admin Thank you so much!!! I am most grateful! 👏 💖

• Color Crush!

@vn1ta Hello dear! This happened many times to me as well...i noticed it happens with full screen mode which in that case you have a bigger space to create (but you should not count it as space )and when i choose to move all items together to center them..also about the broken image that happened to me after i edited a published set..the only solution i've found was not going off the border for any reason 🤷 but i guess the admins will now find a solution soon!

• Magazine Look

@sonia-10 Thank you very much for the response, dear! 🙂 Actually, even when I'm in fullscreen mode, I use this square border to limit my work space: https://urstyle.com/shop/9697290 . I always make sure that nothing goes out of the square borders in order to get a full size set. That's the reason why I didn't understand the reduced size of my set 😕

I too hope that admins will be able to figure out what is causing this issue! 🙂 I think that one of the solutions would be to limit working space - since the publishing format is square, the same should be with the working space in the CREATE mode.

It would be easier for the software to process it this way and users wouldn't have "lost" or misplaced items in the corners that make their sets smaller. We'd also have to do significantly less cropping and we'd have more freedom when it comes to item placement - the parts that go out of the borders would be cropped out and we'd always have full size sets. 🌟

0_1528387943957_Limited_work_area.png

In any case, we'll see what the admins think.
    Best wishes, have a wonderful day! 💖

• This post is deleted!

• @vn1ta I had the same problem, but I technically solved it. The problem is the item itself. It's hard to explain, but I will try. The item is not the actual size it looks like. Sometimes it's actually in an a white or transparent background which makes it bigger in size. So even if you was to put in the set, the background is actually making it a problem. Most of the time, you would need to cut out parts of it to make it smaller.

• Magazine Look

@emotionaltown Thank you very much for the response, dear! 🙂 I'm confused because I've checked all of the items and all of them were inside the square borders. I think that I know what you're talking about - some items (especially uploaded ones) take up more space around them - more than their actual size (like this one on the pic below). But I took care of that, cropped everything carefully... 😰

The other girls who had the same problem did the same thing and still had the problem 😞 The issue is somewhere within the site code, but it's probably not easy to find it.

We'll just have to be patient, it seems... 🙂 Have a great day dear! 💖

0_1528400654276_Untggitled.png

• URSTYLE Team

@vn1ta We are still investigating this issue, but some additional fixes have been just published:

• all new sets will have a solid white background (if you need, you can edit & save old set to convert background from transparent to solid white)
    • zoom in/out on mouse scroll has been disabled, there are new 2 icons at create page to zoom in/out the whole content
    • some additional small fixes, e.g. for the size of heart icons
  • Magazine Look

@admin Thank you so much! We appreciate your efforts! And these are wonderful news! Great job!! 👏 👏 👏 💝

• Doll Group

@admin said in Did anyone figure out how to fix the SETS REDUCED IN SIZE?::

• all new sets will have a solid white background (if you need, you can edit & save old set to convert background from transparent to solid white)

Oh. Uhm... Can I make the suggestion to make this optional? As there are ways to get a white background into one's set, but (after adding this) no ways to make a background of a set transparent.

• Magazine Look

@myrrael But, dear, .png format for sets makes them appear altered on other sites - e.g. if other sites where we share our work have dark background, our sets will not look good (check the example below) ☹

0_1528403627095_sets.png

I thought that you wanted a solid white background too. May I ask why do you think that transparent background is better? Please let me know 🙂

• Doll Group

@vn1ta If you toss in a white square, it doesn't happen, though.
    Here's one such item; https://urstyle.com/shop/9764270

I rather have the option of a transparent background then no choice in the matter. And, no, I never actually wanted a solid background. My apologies if I gave that impression.

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.