Notes aren't working for trip planning
-
I’ve been planning a week in Japan in my Notes app, and it’s already turned into a giant mess of restaurant names, train stations, attractions, links, and random reminders. Every time I move something to another day I end up copying half the note around, and I still have to open Maps separately to figure out whether the places I grouped together are even close to each other. I don’t need a travel agency or a ready-made itinerary, I just want a better way to organize my own plans. What do you use once a trip gets too complicated for a normal notes app?
-
Some plans stay tidy right up until other people start contributing to them. Then a friend sends a restaurant, somebody mentions a neighborhood you hadn't considered, and suddenly you've got useful stuff scattered everywhere. At that point I'd move the actual itinerary into Wanderlog and keep all the loose ideas somewhere else. It lets you shape the days around the places you really want to visit and see how they sit on the map.
-
There comes a point where adding one more good idea stops being fun because you know you'll have to reshuffle everything again. That's usually a sign the rough planning stage is over and the trip needs its own workspace. You can use this trip planner instead of notes: https://todoway.com/ . Keep the maybe pile outside the main itinerary and move only the places you've actually chosen into the planner. Then you can change the week without turning the whole thing upside down every time.