I see the same people on the "featured list with 2 or 3 sets being featured. I have had 2 featured since I joined, do you have to be in contest or something to have your set featured? I feel like I will never be good enough. It's very discouraging to see people with the same kind of set have 2 or 3 each week or even each day?

• Twisted Gypsies

@sustainablejaney See admin's reply above which states:

A featured set must receive at least 5 likes within 24 hours to be considered for featuring.

Points are awarded for:

• Each like received
    • Unique comments under the set
    • Extra points for including products from URSTYLE, available under the shop tab or directly in Create mode (note %(#2a41d4)[that fewer points are awarded for using only self-uploaded products)
    • New users (those who created an account less than a week ago) will receive a bonus.

More followers at URSTYLE means more likes and comments under your sets.

I am planning to add more items to the Shop tab and make some adjustments to the algorithm in the near future.

• InDesign

@funkyjunkygypsy Thank you so much now I know why. I still don't think it's right to have one person have 3-5 sets on there. It's a messed up algorithm.

• InDesign

@sustainablejaney Polyvore wasn't a #selling site, I guess welcome to the world of capitalism & not a artistic venue.

• URSTYLE Team

@sustainablejaney No, they sold themselves ;D and now another popular Polyvore-like site is going to be sold. I know that because the same company asked us about the possibility of buying URSTYLE, but I did not agree.

• Decor Amour

@admin Thank you so much for not selling URSTYLE!! I appreciate all you do to keep the site up and running. You must put a lot of work into maintenance, updates, and other things we don't know about. You have created a great website! I hope it continues for many years, and I wish you success in all your future endeavors.

• @admin Thank you so much for clarifying how this works since I only had part of it right.

• @admin I'm so glad you didn't sell URStyle since it's a fantastic website that I enjoy so much. I presume that you do generate revenue from advertising & have noticed a big uptick in ads on the site that often lead me to discovering some fabulous sources of fashion items for my sets.

• Creativity In Everything

Aw don't worry I'm pretty sure you'll get more sets featured, I was a little discouraged that a lot of my Halloween sets didn't get featured but a few of my fashion sets did get featured and it made me happy. So I could understand. You'll get better keep trying.

• InDesign

@admin, so you aren't a business? And you made a point that your are different ;D? How?

• CureKtity's TGIF Friends

@funkyjunkygypsy I think all of the Sets that show up in the "Get Inspired" section are all of the sets made by all URSTYLE members in chronological order of when they are published. When you publish a set it immediately shows up in the "Get Inspired" section. I once published 3 sets in a row and they showed up one after another in this section.

@sustainablejaney hey I like it very much when multiple of my sets get featured what's wrong with that. You're not that good I saw your sets. Don't be upset I'm just being honest.

Funny how this topic showed up recently as I was just about to ask the same question myself but was afraid to ask. I also feel that the same people do get chosen over and over while others rarely get picked. And many sets that do show up meet the Algorithm Rules and are Fabulous Sets! So they are well deserved!!! However, many that do get chosen either do not have a high like count, have no or little comments, do not use any items from the shop and/or they are not from new members either. Some of those sets are really Fabulous too and some are OK but need improvement but these sets really don't meet the Algorithm Rules 100%! Maybe in some of these sets the user used a lot of items from the shop that helped the sets get to the Featured Page. Many of those items on the Shop Page are linked to old expired web pages or links to fashion items from a few year ago so they are not the latest fashion styles nor can you buy the items. With these observations, I hate to say it but the Algorithm kind of sucks and I'm not sure it works all of the time or is too arbitrary in how the sets are chosen. It's the main reason why I made this set over a year ago:

This year, I made a lot of sets for Halloween and not one set got featured. I thought they were really good, I spent a lot of time making them and had fun doing so! They did meet most the Algorithm criteria with the exception of maybe not using enough items from the shop but I did use several items from there. However, not one showed up and I am disappointed but not surprised because even on Polyvore where actual people picked the top sets, I only got 3 tops sets over 5 years being there while others got endless Top Sets each week. Who knows why, maybe they just didn't like how I made my sets??? Now I don't expect all of my sets to show up on the Featured Page but at least one or two a week would be nice. Seems fair but nothing is fair in life! Oh well, it won't stop me from making more sets in the future! As a comparison, I also make sets on TrendMe, Combyne, and ShopLook but not as many as I have on here and I feel I have been featured a lot more often on those three websites with less sets made than on here. I have gotten quite a lot of Top Sets on Trendme and I placed in the Top 3 winners in 2 official contests on Shoplook picked out by real people not a computer!!!

I have had a few of my sets on the featured page but it's weird as to the ones that have gotten chosen. The ones that got featured where not the best I made nor had the highest likes count or a lot of comments. I read over the Algorithms steps and my sets usually meet the criteria within the 24 hour limit from publishing rule with the exception maybe not of using enough items for the shop. I do use some but I use a lot of stuff I imported myself or by other users. I don't particularly like the items provided by URSTYLE as they are old fashion items (most of the links are dead, 404's or items not found) and there are a lot items with body parts in them or on mannequins which I really don't like to use in my sets.

So my point is to say let's not get too caught up in being in the Featured Page as it is determined by an Algorithm that I don't think works all that great and is chosen essentially by a computer and not an actual person or a group. It would mean more if an actual person(s) picked the sets. That's why I am more happy when I place in a group contest because an actual member of the website liked what I made no matter how many likes I got, comments I had or what items I used! They valued my style, hard work and creativity and that is more satisfying then showing up on the Featured Page!!!

Hugs, Diana XOXOXOXO

P.S.: I'll be making a set with all items from the URSTYLE Shop! Lets see if it make it to the Featured Page! My guess is NOPE!!!

• InDesign

@minerva that might be the most insecure most childish thing I have ever read on a site like this coming from the goddess of wisdom, let's us see your true colors. "YOU'RE NOT THAT GOOD, I SAW YOUR SETS" said @Minera, I'm not upset, I am embarrassed for such a poor, sore winner. I feel pity. Greed can even get to the gods.

• InDesign

@curekitty a fellow Pollie survivor. I am the one the asked the question. I understand why you wouldn't want to ask. Just look at what Minerva said to me. I had not addressed her, yet she felt she needed to be judge juror & critic. At Polyvore in those 5 years, I spent more time there b/c it was a community. I won many Art Sets and maybe 3 Fashion sets. We inspired each other. Thank you for your story. It makes me understand how this site works & doesn't. Enjoy your great work. Jane

• URSTYLE Team

@sustainablejaney

o you aren't a business? And you made a point that your are different ;D? How?

This project has a very long history dating back to its beginnings about 12 years ago when the first version of URSTYLE was created, available only in Polish. Over the years, we managed to acquire an investor to build an entirely new version (currently available), hire programmers, graphic designers, etc. After a while, I bought out the investor's shares with private funds, but unfortunately, the project generated very high costs, and the idea for monetization was not entirely thought out (we focused more on building the portal itself). Eventually, the team disbanded, and I was left with URSTYLE de facto alone, continuing to support the project out of my own pocket. However, ultimately, thanks to advertisements and several optimizations, we reached the point where URSTYLE no longer generates costs and earns for its maintenance (server fees). The times of working on URSTYLE were very exhausting and frustrating (sleepless nights due to portal failures), which discouraged me from further developing the platform itself, and for some time now, the portal has been living its own life. Thanks to investing time in my other projects and companies, I have managed to regain stability. Currently, I am focusing on other projects (like the online store https://inspiruj.pl (currently available only in Polish)), but thanks to catching a breath and other my projects bringing profit, I plan to reinvest in URSTYLE and complete the work on the portal, and there is definitely still a lot of work to be done here 🙂

My current priority is a slight redesign of the homepage, regular publication of news from the world of fashion, adding new products to the "Store" tab, fixing a few bugs, and if we manage to raise funds, creating a new, professional mobile application. Of course, each stage of work is also associated with the "renovation" of the entire infrastructure and software, so it takes a while. However, the most important thing is motivation and consistency in action, and the motivation is given to me by users like you - active users 🙂 some of whom I have seen here for many years.

I have had a few of my sets on the featured page but it's weird as to the ones that have gotten chosen. The ones that got featured where not the best I made nor had the highest likes count or a lot of comments

@curekitty please remember that likes and comments received within 24 hours of publication count.

@sustainablejaney I didn't say it for you to get upset what's the matter you can't take criticism. Maybe your sets are not what they are looking for. Stop being a baby about this issue. Just enjoy that urstyle is still with us and you know what create whatever you want!

@sustainablejaney so my sets get featured and I also have winning sets. I'm not the greatest set maker but I'm not complaining. Your the one making all that noise. You want to know how I really feel Your sets suck. I was trying to encourage you to do better but you turn it around to insult me. Whatever!!!!

@admin Thank you for your great response! I have a better understanding of the things you have to do to keep this website going and it is greatly appreciated! I used to work for a medical software company in the software testing and quality assurance department for over 20 years so I know what you have to do to keep this website running. I hope you don't think my response was anything negative about what you do. I was just making some observations and I got carried away with what I said. I tend to pick apart things I see with computer programs and websites that could be potential issues, bugs and system improvements, it is the Software Tester in me that does that. I thank you for keeping the website going and I look forward to your system improvements! Good Luck and Best Wishes! I still think this is the best website to make Sets!

• URSTYLE Team

@curekitty I did not take that as something negative, thank you 🙂

• InDesign

@admin What is you mission statement? What do you hope to achieve with this platform? I am a sustainable fashion data manager. So I am looking for the end line. Sustainable fashion is becoming the latest trend because fashion must live. I appreciate you taking the time to explain URSTYLE to me. I was a Pollie for years & years when we had music & nothing to contain our creativity. Before they sold out. It was devastating. I want to help save this planet. That is my mission statement. Jane PS I looked at your online store, is it selling new products?

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.