JUN 4: Featured sets / Home Page

• Style File

@luckied99 I agree. It's lost it's meaning.

• @admin To give everyone a chance why not make the "get inspired" tab your home page that way everyone will be featured. If someone, wants to see who got featured they can click on the featured tab. This would encourage those with lower self esteems to create more sets on this site and it would help with the traffic flow on this site. ☺

• Polyfam

I see the same users on the front page daily, sometimes multiple sets from the same user every day. I spend hours for some of the items in my sets. Clipping items, photos, graphics, etc. I put in a ton of effort. I think the "software" choosing sets is not really giving everyone a fair evaluation. How could it? It cannot see the beauty in the sets, only the parameters set. I just left TrendMe because of lack of attention by the webmasters to keep the site updated..I was the number 1 user on that site when I left. I was hoping for a more place where real people cared about the sets and the site.

• Poetry In Motion (Art Group)

@admin Can I ask how one can exclude their sets from being on the homepage please?

• Fashion, Fashion, Fashion

Hey everyone! Please check out my blog post on this topic! I would appreciate it if you read it, gave some feedback and contributed your ideas so we can discuss it as a community! I also posted it on the Community Page under the "Say Hello" tab and under the "Help" tab. 😊

My Blog Post: https://urstyle.fashion/topic/2415166/the-great-featured-set-home-page-dilemma-and-how-to-we-move-forward

Link to the post on the "Say Hello" Tab: https://urstyle.fashion/topic/2415167/the-great-featured-set-home-page-dilemma-and-how-to-move-forward

Link to the post on the "Help" Tab: https://urstyle.fashion/topic/2415168/the-great-featured-set-home-page-dilemma-and-how-to-move-forward

You would only have to look at one of these since they are all the exact same post!

~ Mayblooms

• @mayblooms I agree with you ... We all want to admire the most beautifully crafted set in fashion , home / interior and art/doll . Software cannot recognize a well-edited or good style set, and that is very clear when we look at what is currently on the featured home page . Many of these sets will certainly not inspire anyone in terms of style or layout . If I want to see beautiful sets I go to the My Feed page . I just don't want to waste my time any more on the home featured page as it's lost it's meaning ... which is admiration and inspiration . ☹ 😘

• This post is deleted!
  • CHANGE IT UP 2.o

@luckied99 I agree with everything you've said and would like to add that this phrase from Urstyle is a contradiction. (Highlighted in blue)

Right now, our software is checking every hour sets created 23-24h ago and selecting the best one (most popular, and most profesional

one).

We all know that being the most popular does not equate to most professional. It is clear from viewing the features page that most popular wins out every time or perhaps we need to ask @admin what is Urstyle's definition of professional?

%(#271f99)[What is most important for that software to make your set fabulous?

number of likes
    comments from unique users
    used products from our shop page
    valuable description (readable, unique, containing proper tags)]

The above mentioned bullets do not make a set fabulous. The weight given to each bullet is uneven. I'm surprised that this isn't being looked at from a business standpoint. In order to draw more prospective business to the site the features page should contain more often sets that really have a professional look to them and updated items being sold in stores that they would want to draw advertisement business from. I can't imagine the contents of the features page is drawing much attention the way it's being displayed. It looks like a site for a fan page of favorite users.

Another major problem is the clipping tool and the inability of allowing items to be saved as pngs without having to go to another site to change them over as a png therefore often losing the advertisers name unless you manually add the link back in. The clipper has constant problems sometimes causing you to revert to the old way of clipping through the add item format which doesn't always list the advertiser.

It's hard to take this decision seriously when it doesn't appear there was much effort or thought put in to it. Professional looking, well designed sets do draw attention. They are currently drawing it on Pinterest. I have sets that have attracted more than 10,000 impressions I recently found out. Many of those sets have less than 100 views or even 50 on Urstyle. I'm not claiming they are better than anyone else but to make this site fair, there needs to be professional and better over site.

• @luckied99 it seems it took a while for everyone to notice the same sets were being picked for the last 8 mos that is why i lost interest

• or @ least the same people there are plenty of people that deserve recognition.

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

@emcf3548 I think many of us noticed it and were commenting on it in the community. I know I did months ago. I saw others also comment on it and all with no response at that time. Over the months I think many like you lost interest while others became resigned to it based on the non-response from @admin and/or Urstyle. I believe what has generated the response you see now is due to Urstyle's announcement on how they determine who will be on the features page. There is no way it can be fair to the users based on the bullets they list as the criteria. As an example, someone that is the moderator of contests more than likely will get many, many more likes and comments on one of their sets than someone who is not. As a result, their sets make the features page quite often as shown now, sometimes you see 3 or 4 sets from the same user posted on the features page.

• Exactly, it is just ridiculous on Polyvore it was like an honor to be recognized among such gr8t creativity and it motivated u to be a little more creative or step out ur comfort zones there is enough recognition to go around and every1 deserves it this is not a fair system. So y bother.

• @admin, @noralyn I have been with Urstyle for at least a year+ now. I think I've noticed my set featured once in a whole year. I see the same people featured over and over again which is fine (many are very talented), however, I think that I'm pretty darn good at putting my creative sets together too. Perhaps many of my followers and potential followers may be inspired through my creativity. I clip many sources to find unique & original items to create with. I feel that there must be a glitch in the "random" choosing of these sets. Otherwise, I would see more of my sets on the featured page. I am on Urstyle daily so, where is the fairness?

• Art Expression

I have the same probelm also. I think they featured set that have high liked. Mine only reached below 20. So it means no feature. some set can get high likes 40+, I will never get that high I don't know why. Maybe my creation is not as good as theirs. I know I created good sets and have won many when I entered contest. So I do't know the answer. Yes. there is no fairness, I agree with you.

• Design Styles Defined

Hi there! Long time no see!

I would like to talk about how the algorithm (or ‘software’) thinks these sets belong to the homepage:

0_1606329016365_B29D6C2B-8114-4005-A54E-171EBEB4B7E1.jpeg

I’m not an ‘active complainer’, but it’s been really bothering me. If you guys are relying on an algorithm to show us the most relevant content, this ain’t that.

Trust the URSTYLE community and invite a member to select daily Top Sets, create interesting collections, post on social media etc.

Thank you!

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

@idetached said in JUN 4: Featured sets / Home Page:

As an example, someone that is the moderator of contests more than likely will get many, many more likes and comments on one of their sets than someone who is not. As a result, their sets make the features page quite often as shown now, sometimes you see 3 or 4 sets from the same user posted on the features page.

As for as this one goes...definitely not true in my case at least. When I was actively creating sets for the 2 years here on Urstyle, only about 5 or so sets got featured on the front page. Which is not why I create but to stay inspired and landing on the front makes you inspired or at least back in the days it did..tehe. Cheers😘

• Art Expression

@sassenach said in JUN 4: Featured sets / Home Page:

I have the same probelm also. I think they featured set that have high liked. Mine only reached below 20. So it means no feature. some set can get high likes 40+, I will never get that high I don't know why. Maybe my creation is not as good as theirs. I know I created good sets and have won many when I entered contest. So I do't know the answer. Yes. there is no fairness, I agree with you.

Well I don't know what happen, some of my set was featured with 40+ likes. Mind you it did not start with that number. So I don't know how this feature works. I don't bother anymore with feature as long as I create what I think is a good set. It does not matter if it gets low "like" as long as enjoy creating my sets. Urstyle is my escape for my everyday life.

• Design Styles Defined

@luckied99 @sassenach you both create wonderful sets. Unfortunately, the front page feature & the likes + comments are not proportional to one’s talent. If you take the time to interact with other members, by liking their sets, they will like your sets back and you will probably make the front page. It’s a ‘compensation’ system that has nothing to do with design skills.

• Color Crush!

@jesuisunlapin Well said! This is how the system works. Let's not feed our ego but rather enjoy each other's creations, no matter if we give a like or not. Just create, people, and enjoy!!

• @sheila-l I definitely agree with you. It is frustrating when you create sets, especially unique ones and don’t get recognized for them! Generally, I create sets for my own personal enjoyment and hope that other people appreciate them as well. It does seem as if the same people always have top sets which makes me wonder if it’s based more on popularity than talent🤔

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.