𓂀 THE AMUN SOCIETY

• Please note that this roleplay has moved to an official group page here:

www.urstyle.com/groups/the-amun-society

0_1533231407220_centeredtheamunsociety.png

⠀⠀“When it comes to controlling human beings there is no better instrument than lies. Because, you see, humans live by beliefs. And beliefs can be manipulated. The power to manipulate beliefs is the only thing that counts.”

⠀⠀⠀⠀— The Neverending Story

•• ✵ ••

⠀⠀The letter was sitting unceremoniously atop your table. You didn’t remember seeing it in your mail when you checked earlier, and you were the first one home. No one else had put it there either.

⠀⠀Well, no one that had a key.

⠀⠀As you walked closer, the old familiar sense of dread crept its way up your neck — the tingling sensation of your instincts wishing you’d be careful just this once. It didn’t help that your dæmon had turned itself into a hawk and was digging its talons into your shoulder in warning. But they didn’t call out to stop you. They, too, knew better.

⠀⠀The black ink of the all-too familiar seal had not even dried yet. The Ones who had dropped it off could still be there somewhere. They could be watching you right now.

⠀⠀It didn’t matter. If you were being summoned, you would go. Being dragged and stored in the spirit realm for centuries wasn’t a punishment you were in the mood to endure anyway. Maybe this time, it would just be one mission. Maybe life would be back to normal in a week. (Never mind your dæmon tsking in your ear, reprimanding you for so blatantly lying to yourself.)

⠀⠀Though the crisp envelope was masked as an invitation, it was an order. Even if you did not go and open it — which, admittedly, you had tried before — the magic enchantment would have eventually forced you over. At least you could pretend this was of your own volition. Although your feet dragged slightly, you finally reached the counter.

⠀⠀You picked the folded papyrus up.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Dear Esteemed Child of the Nile,

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your unique skills are requested for service immediately. An agent
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀will be sent to fetch you. The falcon flies west at dawn.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Cordially,

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The Ghost

⠀⠀As you reached the final signature of the pathetically short note, the parchment had already begun to turn to dust in your fingers. Your vision was clouding at the edges, the world going black.

⠀⠀Bloody magician bastards. They hadn’t even let you pack.

•• ✵ ••

⠀⠀The Amun Society is a secret organization of which all demi-god children born from ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses are “honored” to join. Recruited at 11 (if they are lucky enough to live that long), they and their dæmon companion are trained in all services of espionage, magic, combat, politics, and anything else deemed useful until the age of 18. Then they are thrust back into the world to live as much of a normal life as they can...until The Society calls upon them once again. Sometimes, it is only to slay one particular monster, and the demi-god’s life is only disrupted for a few days. Other requests are not so quickly dealt with.

⠀⠀With the Mist that holds the human world separate from the Duat — the spirit world where gods, magic, and monsters reside — beginning to crumble and fray, this is no short-term mission. Chaos and the destruction of all mortal life is hanging in the balance. However, after centuries of hiding their magic and bending to non-magical beings, not everyone is so willing to lay down their life just to protect the increasingly ungrateful humanity. No matter how you feel personally, you cannot avoid the call of The Society. At least, not yet.

•• ✵ ••

☥ g r o u p . r u l e s / f a q s ☥
    freetexthost.com/4bwlj5zmnw

☥ h o w . t o . a u d i t i o n ☥
    freetexthost.com/puiujwcyrw

☥ m a j o r . g o d s . a n d . g o d d e s s e s ☥
    freetexthost.com/znprxn3xhr

☥ m a i n . c h a r a c t e r s ☥
    freetexthost.com/ns4imn3324

☥ i m p o r t a n t . f i g u r e s / c r e a t u r e s ☥
    freetexthost.com/q4gsi5tmdu

☥ l o c a t i o n s ☥
    freetexthost.com/uvukotiusw

☥ e v e n t s ☥
    freetexthost.com/x3ttljelza

•• ✵ ••

created by lecoupdefoudre in august twenty-eighteen.

•• ✵ ••

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀☽ 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑪𝑨𝑵𝑶𝑵𝑺 ☾

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

𝕯𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖘
    https://urstyle.com/groups/dorian-records

• This post is deleted!

• YESSSSSSSSSSS

• THE ARCHIVES

YESSSSS

• I LOVE THIS!!

• NANOWRIMO 📝

expressing tentative interest-I've been away from home+school is starting soon, so not entirely sure if I'll be able to join

But I love the idea! ❤

• bell, book & candle

Um...duh I'd be in for this. Lol

• @lecoupdefoudre this is soo cool, did ypu create this on your own?? it sounds kind of epic. what type of roleplay is thid? (story or response) also, are these Premade characters or would we be able to choose the god out characters are related to?

• @altered-dreams also, this is my comment from yesterday that would legit not post for anything on my phone,, but the links have just been added so I've read those.

• @altered-dreams

Hey! Sorry for just getting back to you. Yeah, I think with the urstyle glitch, there is a delay from when I put up links to when it shows up for everyone else :[ I'm working on finishing everything, and I hope to have it up tomorrow. It'll be both reply and story as your preference with stories required only occasionally, as well as a mix of premade and create your own ^-^

• YES ❤

• Oh man, you can deff count ya girl in!!

• THE ARCHIVES

When do auditions start?

• @punkette123 As stated in events, I am aiming for auditions to be ready by August 6th. They can’t be opened yet because none of the main characters are complete. In the mean time, please read over all of the information that has already been posted. I’m going to do my best to have the characters posted for August 6th, but I may potentially have to move it back a day or two. There will be a clear announcement for when everything is open.

• @lecoupdefoudre okay that's wonderful, cause i'm really excited for this rp but i typically prefer response rps, but there haven't been any.

• THE ARCHIVES

@lecoupdefoudre Ok thank you! I must have missed it because I've read every link that's been posted. I was just curious as I am going to be away for three days so I didn't want to miss the starting point

• OH MY GOD EVERYONE!!!!! YOU CAN MAKE GROUPS!!!! My heart is so full. This will soon be transitioning to a group 🙂 I will try and have things ready for auditions to open tomorrow, but it might be the day after. Stay tuned for the group❤❤❤❤❤

• Hello!

Please note that this roleplay has moved to an official group page here:

www.urstyle.com/groups/the-amun-society

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.