TIDE POOLS ✰ A Roleplay

• @ayzrules @Followyourbliss @agentdanascully @filthysoul @bloodystilinski @spoileralxrt @lecoupdefoudre @Punkette123 @lonaxos Hey all! I'm loving the auditions so far. Bless Raegen's audition for reminding me of this - I'm actually going to be posting my character's audition information on http://freetexthost.com/ so everything doesn't all clump together (and probably stories til urstyle hopefully adds breaks in text) so feel free to do the same! Just put the link in the set description. I also am going to end auditions this Friday (6/22) at 9 pm EST so if that doesn't work for you message me and we can work something out!

• @spacelava hey lady

• This post is deleted!
  • NANOWRIMO 📝

here's mine! lmk if anything needs to be changed 🙂
    alt text

☽ CHRSTINA "TINA" LI, 28
    Occupation: gossip columnist (Tina prefers the term "journalist")
    hometown: Los Angeles, California
    Schooling: Tina has a bachelor's in journalism
    Studies Focus: majored in journalism, minored in Spanish

Extracurricular Activities: shopping, she's actually very well-read and loves satire and literature sprinkled with dark/deadpan humor (despite what most people may think, given her occupation), dabbles in writing (rather sarcastic) poetry every once in a while, shopping, refreshing various news websites 20000 times a minute, shamelessly binge-watching shows targeted towards a much younger demographic (W.I.T.C.H. and various other cartoons/animes come to mind-she's quite a sucker for Sailor Moon and Madoka Magica as well), shamelessly binge-watching cheesy rom-coms and just feel-good movies in general, shopping, scrolling through look books and couture collections while pretending like she can afford those clothes, shopping, pretending like her life isn't a mess :^), shopping, and oh-did I say shopping?

Reason for being in Seaside: Because a whole slew of famous, swoon-worthy surfers and their significant others and their fans and even the occasional model or celebrity or singer are in Seaside for this competition, and there's be bound to be drama that unfolds. And you know that ya girl is gonna be here to see it all...and get it plastered on the front page of L.A.'s most infamous tabloid, too.
    Belief: Tina's pretty firmly on the skeptic side, but she's definitely willing to listen to both sides of the story...if only so that she'll have something for her story
    Role: I couldn't really figure out one for her....? She's just here for the drama, honestly
    Driving Force: Tina's never been one to turn down a good story. Long story short, there's bound to be plenty of gossip and/or drama surrounding this whole thing, and plus a bunch of surfers who are famous in the L.A. crowd. When the people in charge of the tabloid she works for asked her to go down to Florida and check it out, how could Tina possibly say no?

Likes: talkative "sources", getting a scoop before anyone else, her job, gossiping, witnessing celebrity drama first-hand, fruit smoothies, sweet foods, strawberry milkshakes, glitter/sparkles, pop music (especially of the "trashy" variety), her hot-pink car, social media, strawberries, Starbucks fraps (even though they are so bad for you), high-heels, lip gloss, nail polish, make-up in general, short skirts, organization, sparkly pens, colorful planners and sticky notes, choker necklaces, hoop earrings, yogurt-covered pretzels, froyo, bubble tea, perfectly color-coded anything, her very extensive network of informants (who happen to come from all walks of life, thank you very much), her work being appreciated (it's not an easy job, grabbing the attention of these people when they literally have the attention span of a goldfish!), being recognized for her journalist skills, dry humor and satire (she was in a huge Lu Xun phase for a while, but she's found that she's in more of a Osvaldo Dragún phase, nowadays), cute purses, dresses with pockets

Dislikes: when college guys hit on her because she literally looks ten years younger than she actually is (and especially when they won't back down when she tells them she's almost thirty!), being looked down upon because of her job (hey, a tabloid isn't the Washington Post or New York Times-level journalism, but she's still a journalist!), when people just won't tell her what they know (no matter how much she begs and pleads and bribes and blackmails), people who think she's stupid because she likes gossiping and make-up, shitty airplane food, superhero movies (there are so. Many. Plot. Holes. Which is a bit rich, coming from a gossip columnist like her, but still), those annoying bougie vegan hipster restaurants that serve spirulina-infused magical algae (like, seriously-what is she, made of money?!), being seen in public in sweatpants (it's not like this would ever happen though, of course), sneakers (they're kinda...ugly, if you think about it. Heels are way better), L.A. rush hour traffic (fuck that shit), when people tell her she needs to swear less, when people feel like they can tell her what to do in general

Personality: Scathingly sarcastic and stunningly irreverent, Tina Li may have found herself the perfect job when she became a gossip columnist. Indeed, Tina is rather shallow (and she's perfectly aware of this, thank you very much), as her life basically revolves around whether Generic Female Actress was dating Attractive Male Singer or not-and whether or not she could get a good story out of it. She has a dry, tongue-in-cheek sort of humor that is (more often than not) not kept "in cheek". At all.

Although she has a critical and rather cynical outlook on life in general, Tina is usually quite talkative and outgoing. Her cheerfully wry (if slightly sarcastic) disposition is well-liked by her peers, even if they do make fun of her for disturbing habit of sprinting after celebs after they've gotten into cars. In 6-inch heels.

Tina is also too curious for her own good-she's been known to follow a lead past the point of sanity. She loves drama and she loves gossip, and what brings more drama and gossip than a good ol' fashioned celebrity scandal? Flippant and impulsive, Tina is full of sarcastic qups and has an unfortunate tendency for making smart, snarky remarks at exactly the wrong times.

Despite her sharp tongue and dry humor, Tina is naturally people-smart and possesses a sharp intelligence and an ability to analyze all sorts of problems and situations in the blink of an eye. She is a natural-born diplomat and compromiser, capable of expertly mediating tense situations with her blunt matter-of-factness. She has a brisk, breezy way of going about her business, and she is remarkably good at keeping track of and managing people, for all her sparkly (and gossipy) ways.

Tina is always prepared for everything, be it a slew of paperwork or a broken nail (and if she herself doesn't know how to fix it, there's a 99% chance that she knows someone who can). Although she's quite flighty, Tina very talented multi-tasker-she can apply sparkly pink eye shadow while reciting exact date that some famous actress or the other hooked up with their current boyfriend, broke up with their current boyfriend, got back together with their current boyfriend, and broke up again with the same boyfriend while operating a motor vehicle (which is quite an impressive feat in L.A. traffic!). Tina has a talent with faces and names and picking up teeny-tiny signs-if you give her even the slightest clue, the tiniest hint, Tina will have the truth out of you. She is most certainly not as ditzy as she (sometimes) comes off as, and before you know it, she'll have the name of the mysterious woman GoodLooking MaleSinger was making out with at the club last night, her address, if she likes Pepsi or Coke, her phone number, her Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter usernames (and maybe even the passwords), and (probably) her social security number out of you just like that.

+Determined, optimistic, analytical and observant/perceptive, spunky and spontaneous, vivacious
    -Kind of annoying, impulsive, a bit shallow and superficial, silly, slightly ridiculous, really extra

Bio: Christina Li grew up in Los Angeles, California, and she's lived there for practically her entire life. Her childhood was pretty standard-dad, mom, annoying younger brother, equally (if not more) annoying older sister, et cetera, et cetera. Tina wasn't a star student, but it's not like she flunked out of school, either, and she had a great time as a cheerleader during her high school years, even if the thought of one of those handspring-handspring-handspring-round off-back tuck sequences makes her joints ache nowadays (her grandma would laugh at her for being over-dramatic about "achy joints", but Tina would beg to differ-cheer and gymnastics really fuck up your body, and she's not being over-dramatic!).

Tina went to college in California, too, and she majored in journalism (and minored in Spanish), dreaming of becoming an undercover investigative reporter-like the muckrakers, back in the day (in fact, Tina loves Upton Sinclair and the whole investigation of meat-packing plants that went on in the early twentieth century). However, as time went on, Tina realized that getting a job at the L.A. Times was not as easy as she thought it would be. Sure, she had internships and wrote for the school newspaper and graduated from college, but so did everyone else trying to write for the L.A. Times.

So instead, Tina took her career in journalism in a markedly different direction-tabloids. After graduating from college, she accepted a position at one of L.A.'s most infamous tabloids, and she has worked there for a good six or seven years now. It's not a bad job-in fact, Tina quite enjoys it-but it's not NYT-level journalism, either. But hey. It could be worse, and all the annoyed celebrities aside, Tina loves her job...and more importantly, she's good at it. Give her the tiniest tidbit of information, the merest speck of a rumor, and she'll spin it into a salacious, headline-worthy story in the space of ten minutes. Celebrities may hate her for it, but hey, a girl's gotta eat. Tina also prides herself on having a very extensive network of informants, from the hairdresser at one of L.A.'s most trendy salons to the manager of the local McDonald's.

When Tina's boss caught wind of the fact that one of the most popular "it" girls of Hollywood would be taking to the waves in Seaside, Florida, along with a slew of lesser-known celebs, he sent Tina straight down there to, well, basically follow them around and find something to make a scandalous, newsworthy story of. Tina doesn't mind-it's a free trip to the beach, really, and she would appreciate a break from the atrocious L.A. rush hour traffic.

Although Tina's life is a veritable whirlwind, one thing's for sure: if you need the latest insider celebrity gossip, Tina's ya girl. No matter who, what, when, where, why, or how, Tina's always got the scoop. The credibility of aforementioned "scoop" may be a bit...questionable, but hey, that's just schematics. Beggars can't be choosers, yeah?

Model: Xiao Wen Ju
    Taken by: @ayzrules

https://urstyle.com/styles/1658706

• THE ARCHIVES

So I just saw the reply now and I don't want to audition for a role when everyone else has so I figured for now I would just create a character and discuss with you

Name: Adeline Wright
    Role: N/A
    Model: Karlie Kloss

• @mint guess who finally has a character idea! 😉

Name : Henry Holloway
    Role : The Sceptic
    Model : Ezra Miller

• 🐚 My baby boy is complete.

His bio is ~ m e h ~ but I wanted to get him done before inspiration slipped awaaaaay.

• @lecoupdefoudre i luv rowan btw

• @agentdanascully I know how to find ur set so I will just do that but jsyk the linked title isn’t working 😞 Can’t wait to read him💕💕 And thank you! I was also rushing her to get the inspiration out before it died lol but wow so happy to be making characters again

• https://urstyle.com/styles/1658827 Buh, the link didn't work, I'll try to fix it but for now we've got Paul's audition here.

• @lecoupdefoudre should work now, also.....has the reply button always been there? Have I just been blind to an easily accessible response tactic? Sad.

• @agentdanascully I don’t know bc I’m only ever using this on my phone but they are adding new shit all the time so????? I’m used to things just popping up haha

• THE ARCHIVES

alt text

• Audition Form

☽ ADELINE SERAPHINA WRIGHT, 22
    hometown: New York City, New York

schooling: Recently obtained degree in Business

studies focus: Majored in Business and minored in Business in Fashion

extracurricular activities: Cheerleading, Top Ranking Sorority Member, Wrote for Sorority Paper :: Outside of School: Surfing, Modeling, Shopping

reason for being in Seaside: The competition and representing her family at their behest
    belief: She’s a tentative believer. Her grandfather gave up much of his life searching for proof and so she was raised by two skeptic parents. She’s cautious but if there is evidence, she wouldn’t be surprised.
    role: Observer/Photographer
    driving force: She wants to prove to her parents that her grandfather isn’t crazy. She’s tired of sneaking around just to spend time with family.

likes: Mystery Novels, Ballet, Surfing, Fashion, Traveling, Modeling, Scandalous by Victoria’s Secret, Coffee, White Roses, Fairytales, Piano, Classical Music, Chess, The Beach, Baggy Sweaters, Pink, Blue

dislikes: Bugs, Bullies, Sore Losers, Wave Stealers, Whining, Boredom, Dirtiness, Orange, Sunburns, Decaf Coffee, Tardiness, Liars, Cheats, Infidelity, Traffic, Horror Movies, Lavender

personality: The first word that comes to mind when describing Adeline is Mysterious. She is very good at turning questions away from her and back onto others to avoid talking about herself. She is generally Quiet unless you are someone she knows well and trusts. As she gets more and more famous in both of her social circles, Adeline’s difficulty to trust grows with it. Her passion for her work and sport is admirable until it comes to the price of her health. She is always tired but is always composed so no one really ever sees the cracks.

bio:

~ Born in New York City to two wealthy people, one a broadway star, the other a very well off businessman, who are to this day huge skeptics.

~ As an only child, her parents put all of their desires onto her and Adeline was quickly in the spotlight. Her child modeling took off at the same time as one of her mother’s movies and so the little family moved into a large house in Beverly Hills when Adeline was five.

~ She quickly learned to surf and she loved every second of it. Her father loved the lucrative opportunities it could bring and quickly got his daughter into major competitions and her face in marketing. Adeline quickly became the face for surfing and everyone wanted to try something that a little kid made look easy.

~ Adeline's popularity in the Surfing world and the success rates of everything she was promoting only increased as she got older and gained more titles. Her success rate made her more attractive to modeling companies and the contracts that came in made it all the more worthwhile.

~ By 16 Adeline was a junior champion and model. She was traveling the world for competitions and fashion shows alike. But in her heart she always wanted to surf one competition for one reason. The location has always been a hotbed for mermaid sightings and while her grandfather had been there once, her had been there when one didn't have the best technology in the world at hand.

~ She takes a short break to attend college all the while still dreaming of attending the surf competition and maybe just maybe proving her grandfather right. She gets two degrees, one in business and the other in Nautical History. In her four years she falls in love with a man three years her senior. She gives her heart and very nearly gives everything up for him. Then he goes missing and Adeline is given a reality check

~ She spends six months looking for him before her parents reign her in and remind her that they're still in charge. She is immediately thrown back into shoots and back on her board but this time it means less to her. It takes her months to remember why she loved them both in the first place.

~ It takes one year of living life again for her to decide to head to the competition that she's always dreamed of entering. She'll be representing her family in front of fellow business partners and rivals and back to make a name for herself and maybe find some mermaids.

model: Karlie Kloss
    taken by: @punkette123

• @filthysoul @Followyourbliss @lecoupdefoudre @lonaxos @ayzrules @spacelava @bloodystilinski @agentdanascully @Punkette123 Hey all, I'm so sorry I haven't gotten to posting the characters and reading through all of the auditions yet but I just wanted to let you know I have not forgotten about this group. I wasn't supposed to work this week but ended up doing so which makes me fall asleep way earlier than I'd like. I'm slowly but surely making my way through the auditions and will post a list of the characters and events soon! I'm sorry again + stay tuned!!

• @filthysoul @Followyourbliss @lecoupdefoudre @lonaxos @ayzrules @spacelava @bloodystilinski @agentdanascully @Punkette123
    Oh my goodness I am so sorry, July has taken me over but here I am now. If you are no longer interested in the group just let me know! I have taken eons to start this up so I totally understand. But here we go and here we are - Plotting time ladies and gents!!

Now here is our list of residents:
    (I've written a little blurb for everyone based on your auditions!)

☽ Grace “Hallie” Stins, 24
    @min-t
    More than anything Grace Stins wants to be read. With her past few years after college spent as an intern at New York Magazine, Grace has been buttonholed into the nicknamed “rise and fall” section of the magazine where she spends her days writing obituaries and birth announcements rather than the cultural and lifestyle journalism she wants to dive into. She needs her big break, she craves it, she urns for it. And when the breaking news of a possibly mermaid sighting in Florida landed in her lap, she proposed the idea of an undercover piece on the matter, tracking those searching for evidence around in Florida without false information to spoil her fun. With her first big assignment in her hands, Grace hopped on a plane to Seaside to reach for the myths she desperately hopes are true. You’ll see her on the beach in a full wetsuit, a pseudo-surfer by the name of Hallie Stins, who has barely touched the water, here for the surfing competition and so far she’s fooling everyone.
    Model: Georgia Fowler

☽ Arabella Rown, 21
    @filthysoul | evidence lady
    The fun-loving, rambunctious lead singer and bassist of [band name here], Arabella’s crew has stopped on their route to success to take a second to breath in the sun, surf and hopefully some inspiration. Trying to avoid being noticed for her parents success in the music world, Arabella is straining for a drop of something new to shake her name up, something Seaside may just have for her.
    Model: Natalia Castellar

☽ Fannie Briggs, 17
    @followyourbliss | believer
    A hometown baby of Seaside, Fannie has lived her formative years in faux scaled dresses that shimmered seafoam green in the sunshine. An original Little Mermaid fanatic, Fannie cares that others believe in her passion of historically mythical characters. Claiming that she was saved by one beautiful creature out at sea five years before, Fannie’s brief glimpse of mythology that everyone has pushed off has fueled her fire and she’s ready to prove them true.
    Model: Maddy Elmer

☽ Rowan Burres, 26
    @lecoupdefoudre | the photographer
    An angel with a camera, Rowan Burres is ready for something new… but not something crazy like mythical mermaids. An untamable spirit, Rowan has been on the hunt for something to quench her thirst for adventure and once she thought she found it, it vanished a step before the line of forever. Half hiding, half exploring somewhere new, Rowan is ready to set her eyes on the sea for a while and hear some stories of dreadlocked surfers and their sightings of glimmering hair with a tail on the end.
    Model: Lily James

☽ Henry Cabidis, 22
    @lonaxos | the sceptic
    Nearly plucked from an 80s surfing movie, Henry Cabidis lives for activity, especially in the water. He’s a guy’s guy, the one women chase after, and all it takes a straight smolder and he’s got a new side piece for the night. But he’s too a family man, always there to help his mother on their ever tight budget and tickle his sister while watching cartoons on Saturday morning. A simple boy who grew up almost too fast, Henry’s ready for another summer of bros, brews and boards.
    Model: Vito Basso

☽ Chrstina “Tina” Li, 28
    @azyrules | a drama drooling skeptic
    Willing to do anything to get her hands on some spilled tea, this Los Angeles based “journalist” is ready to get that exclusive interview with the dreamy surfers the second they step into the parking lot to peel off their wetsuits. Celebs, children, and crazies – she’s ready for them all and she has her own little tricks on how to get them. Always equipped with a tape recorder and a damning question, Tina’s ready to sculpt some reports to make or break these stars, hopefully more breaking than lifting.
    Model: Xiao Wen Ju

☽ Henry Holloway, 21
    @spacelava | a hardcore sceptic
    Easily annoyed and too musical for the good of others, Henry’s lowkey pissed to be here; His life dictated by his father’s unhealthy obsession with mermaids, Henry dreams of being his own person and getting the heck out of Seaside. There’s the image he puts up and the substance of who he really is and while one is much tougher than the other, the sensitive side is the one rarely seen. Beriddled all through schooling because of his father’s crazy eyes, Henry’s band, Karate Turtles, has made it big in Seaside and, assuming Henry survives the surprisingly cliff-hanging end to his bio, you may just happen to see this local band make a High Tide appearance.
    Model: Ezra Miller

☽ Savannah Morgan, 22
    @bloodystilinski | skeptic
    Secretly reversing her stance on mystic creatures, Savannah is the victim of resting b-tch face but don’t take it personally. A realist in her own mind, Savannah has lived nearly all of her life in the now sprawling town of Seaside and it says something that she’s returned on her own accord. With annoying secret from the new side of her very new step-father’s family that’s majorly challenged her stance on mermaids, she knows she’s in for a summer of deep sh-t and deeper dives.
    Model: Elizabeth Wood

☽ Paul Murray, 25
    @agentdanascully | the photographer
    A man supported to letting his sister not so inadvertently drive his life, Paul Murray is all over the place. A friend of surfers and investigators, he’s doing double time to cover High Tide and potentially catch a glimpse of some mythical friends. A mid-western boy who just wants to make it big in a field he adores, Paul now calls Seaside his temporary home base, making frequent trips to catch a crisp view but with all the gigs coming in maybe it’s bound to be something more.
    Model: Avan Jogia

☽ Adeline Wright, 22
    @punkette123 | Observer, Photographer
    Growing up with an inspiring grandfather who wanted so badly to have others believe and two parents who revered the notion, Adeline’s ready to be swayed either way. She’s open to hearing your claims either way about mermaids but will never answer a question about herself. In the spotlight from a young age, Adeline’s ready to take her popularity to she her parents that her grandfather didn’t devote his life to nonsense, and she’s found herself in the perfect place to do it.
    Model: Karlie Kloss

• jk my gal's model is now Anabela Belikova

• @mint loveeee the snippits 🤩

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.