TIDE POOLS ✰ A Roleplay

• @mint yea love the Fannie Snippet 🙂

• Still very unsure if you can tag people in comments? If so, I'm so sorry for the many tags but hey all here's my plotting set - let's get jiggy
    https://urstyle.com/styles/1737580
    @mint @filthysoul @Followyourbliss @lecoupdefoudre @lonaxos @ayzrules @spacelava @bloodystilinski @agentdanascully @Punkette123

• @bloodystilinski said in TIDE POOLS ✰ A Roleplay:

@mint loveeee the snippits 🤩

firrrrreal, they're delightful

• 0_1531429126531_012b7968-74df-4638-9ef7-fd903602e038_original.png

Intro and plotting : https://urstyle.com/styles/1737795

• alt text

~ Intro ~

☽ Paul Murray, 25
    @agentdanascully | the photographer
    A man supported to letting his sister not so inadvertently drive his life, Paul Murray is all over the place. A friend of surfers and investigators, he’s doing double time to cover High Tide and potentially catch a glimpse of some mythical friends. A mid-western boy who just wants to make it big in a field he adores, Paul now calls Seaside his temporary home base, making frequent trips to catch a crisp view but with all the gigs coming in maybe it’s bound to be something more.
    Model: Avan Jogia

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!
  • NANOWRIMO 📝

sorry i haven't gotten anything up yet! i suck at making sets on urstyle+traveling but hopefully within the next couple of days

@mint just re-confirming what everyone said here, but tina's snippet gives me SO MUCH life ❤

• alt text

HENRY CABIDIS

aud for reference

intro (will write poss ideas in a bit)

/taglist/
    ○ Fannie Briggs - @Followyourbliss
    ○ Rowan Burres - @lecoupdefoudre
    ○ Arabella Rown - @filthysoul
    ○ Tina Li - @ayzrules
    ○ Henry Holloway - @spacelava
    ○ Savannah Morgan - @bloodystilinski
    ○ Paul Murray - @agentdanascully
    ○ Adeline Wright - @Punkette123
    ○ Grace Stins - @mint

• Hey y'all (I hate that this word has become part of my vocabulary but I guess it's just the price of going to school in the midwest and I avoided it for so long but have finally succumbed, I apologise), I've just retagged you all in the comments to my intro set but can you just tell me if you got a notification like "mint mentioned you in [TP] Founder of spaghetti Saturdays"? I'm still very confused about where you actually get notified for being mentioned haha

@mint @filthysoul @Followyourbliss @lecoupdefoudre @lonaxos @ayzrules @spacelava @bloodystilinski @agentdanascully @Punkette123
    if so sorry for so many tags

• @mint so I got a notification for this but not for the set - I don't think you guys received the tag in my set either zzzz

• @lonaxos ick that's incredibly annoying

• @mint I never get notifs for anything except being tagged in topics and then those barely work half the time tbh

• Alright so tried and tested and here are my suggestions:

• Post your intro sets here and tag everyone in the post so they see it
    • Comment on each other's sets to post your ideas so others can see but it's probably going to be best if you pm each other to finish plotting because without being notified in comments plotting is going to suck and plotting within this topic thread would be chaos
    • Also could be a good idea to come up with relationship ideas and put them in the description for your set, either just ideas in general or ideas specific for each character (I'll prob be doing this once i stop procrastinating) so things go more smoothly

Also: events are coming out soon!! So if you have any ideas or want your characters to post anything please let me know!
    Stayed tuned for messages from me on how much I adore your character and some relationship ideas for our characters 🙂

• THE ARCHIVES

alt text

Taglist: (Credit to lonaxos)
    ○ Henry Cabidis - @lonaxos
    ○ Tina Li - @ayzrules
    ○ Grace Stins - @mint

~~ ~~ ~~

Short Summary of Adeline:

Grandfather was a true believer of mermaids although he never gave away his reason as to why. Adeline was raised by non-believers who wanted her to have nothing to do with her grandfather. Much of her life is in front of the camera because if she is not surfing she is modeling. She's into mystery novels and classical music, can't survive without at least two cups of coffee, has grown to hate the smell of sunscreen but wears it anyway, and never wants to talk about herself.

~~ ~~ ~~

I'll Keep Posting:

Grace 'Hallie' Stins, @mint

Adeline is very good at knowing when someone is faking it. She's a real pro-surfer and although she can't prove it, she knows something isn't right with 'Hallie'. Furthermore should Adeline discover she's a reporter, it won't go over well for someone who circulates the famous circles. (I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of Adeline finds out and we can take it from there)

Arabella Rown, @filthysoul

They both run in the same circles of Hollywood and fame so maybe they know each other preceding the surf competition. Arabella is a bit more outgoing then Adeline but I think they could be good friends

Fannie Briggs, @followyourbliss

Fanatic believers have always made Adeline a bit jumpy just because she never knows why they are doing it. With Fannie Adeline will probably have a hard time relating because of the different reasons to believe. Adeline won’t turn her away though

Rowan Burres, @lecoupdefoudre

Adeline is the type of person to e very organized and well planed out and she’s trying to learn to let loose a little bit. Rowan is her opposite but maybe she needs a friend her complete opposite in order to enjoy life.

• alt text

I'm reposting my intro with some plotting ideas for each character!

Fannie Briggs ( @followyourbliss )

Alright so I was thinking since you’re looking for someone who is annoyed by Fannie, Bella fits that pretty well. She wouldn’t fully hate her or anything but since she’s trying to hide the fact that mermaids are real she would be annoyed that Fannie is so avid about proving they are.

Rowan Burres ( @lecoupdefoudre )

Maybe Bella sees her exploring the town on one of her walks and they spend the day together spontaneously and spill some of their deepest darkest secrets getting positively drunk. Of course they won’t remember it the next day but they switched numbers and form a close connection? Maybe bonded by the fact that they are both essentially “running” from something.

Henry Cabidis ( @lonaxos )

For Cabidis (I’m using last names bc when I use Henry my ass confuses the two ahdjdkd anw,,) I was thinking they have a small platonic relationship based on their love for surfing. Bella uses it as a way to block out her writer's block and drama in her life. If you have any other ideas I’m down!

Tina Li ( @ayzrules )

So for Tina, I was thinking she could be the person for this drama plot I was thinking of. So since she’s about drama and she’s a gossip columnist maybe she dug up some more dirt and she realized Bella is Arabella. She comes to Bella and tells her what she knows and blackmails her somehow?? What do you think?

Henry Holloway ( @spacelava )

We already plotted I just wanted to make sure to add you!! So hdkdkdmd Holloway and Bella are gonna be musical rivals.

Savannah Morgan ( @bloodystilinski )

I don’t really have any super cool ideas for Savannah if I’m honest. They are both chill and give off a little bit of a ‘bitchy’ attitude. Do you have any plot points you desperately want to hit?

Paul Murray ( @agentdanascully )

For Paul I was thinking a short summer fling, nothing too serious. Bella catches him taking some photos and like the annoying yet lovable girl she is, jumps right in front of his camera and starts posing. How do you feel about that?

Adeline Wright ( @punkette123 )

I’m a bit brain wiped on what to plot between the two. Do you have anything you’d like?

Grace Stins ( @mint )

We already have some things plotted! A casual friendship filled with small adventures and hanging out on the beach.

• HENRY HOLLOWAY PLOTTING/INTRO
    a/n: decided to repost because plotting like this seems a lot easier, credit to the original maker. PLEASE let me know what you think about the ideas I wrote down and if you have more or even better PLEASE i'm (desperately) open to suggestions. The usernames that are in bold means that these are the people I've already plotted with.

alt text

• Henry's Audition
    • Henry In Short (my girl @mint nailed this)
      Easily annoyed and too musical for the good of others, Henry’s lowkey pissed to be here; His life dictated by his father’s unhealthy obsession with mermaids, Henry dreams of being his own person and getting the heck out of Seaside. There’s the image he puts up and the substance of who he really is and while one is much tougher than the other, the sensitive side is the one rarely seen. Beriddled all through schooling because of his father’s crazy eyes, Henry’s band, Karate Turtles, has made it big in Seaside and, assuming Henry survives the surprisingly cliff-hanging end to his bio, you may just happen to see this local band make a High Tide appearance.

Fannie Briggs ( @Followyourbliss )
    Have known each other their entire lives, well sort of. Three years his junior, Fannie is as obsessed with mermaids as Henry's father is and that's not the craziest thing of all. She too claims to be saved by those half human half fish people! It's safe to say that Henry can't stand her. Actually, to be quite honest, Henry barely knows about her existence, but if he knew about her a bit more, he wouldn't be able to stand her. Just like he can't stand the rest of those, delusional 'believers'.
    Rowan Burres ( @lecoupdefoudre )
    She's one of those many tourists that come to try their luck in this boring old town. Very pretty, with a camera that seems to be glued on her chest. (I'm not exactly sure about their interactions, tbh)
    Henry Cabidis ( @lonaxos )
    Henry C. is how Henry H. thinks he looks like. Or at least wants to look like. Are they rivals? Who knows. Henry H. does envy him lowkey - because he too wants to be showered with endless affection and spend his days helping out his mother, instead of wasting his youth pumping gas and selling sour candy to a bunch of 12 year olds. They could be good friends, one day. But for now, Henry H can't stand Henry C.'s irresistible charm and carelessness.
    Tina Li ( @ayzrules )
    SHE'S HOW OLD? Makes sense - it was about time Henry's mommy issues caught up with him. Now he wonders when his daddy issues will pop out. He has been secretly harboring a crush on her ever since she came to the gas station in the middle of the night and lowkey flirted with him? Henry can't remember, he barely slept that day.
    Savannah Morgan ( @bloodystilinski )
    A year older than Henry, Savannah is very much as skeptic when it comes to mermaids as he is. And maybe that's what brought them closer when his mom left and he was forced to take care of his brother and father simultaneously? Maybe they even dated the summer before she went to college?
    Paul Murray ( @agentdanascully )
    Way too cool for Henry's liking, because in his mind he is the one who should be standing out the most with his bedhead and custom guitar. And yet, he constantly has competition. Not that he cares. He and Paul eventually bond over the fact that despite being the most obnoxious place on the face of the earth, Seaside does have its perks.
    Arabella Rown ( @filthysoul )
    Henry doesn't like that Arabella Rown and her band of misfits strolled down Seaside like they owned the place and took Karate Turtles' precious Friday night spot. He also doesn't like the fact that people seem to prefer her music better than Karate Turtles'. He needs to get rid of her, or at least scare her away, but he's not desperate enough to use his father's rambling. At least not yet.
    Grace Stins ( @mint )
    Unlikely best friends? How did the two of them became friends in the first place? Was it before or after Grace came to their gig? Henry can't quite remember, but all he knows is that one day she was suddenly there, in his life - spending her free time keeping him company while he was working yet another one of those boring shifts at the gas station.
    Adeline Wright ( @Punkette123 )
    Honestly what is it with these believers? Well, at least Henry thinks this strange new girl is a believer, because all she does is take in all of Seaside's craziness. He doesn't know how to interact with her nor will he try. Well, maybe he'll try. You never know.

• NANOWRIMO 📝

(unable to get an intro set up atm because the internet here is actually the WORST, but I’ve written some ideas and stuff below!)

AUDITION
    https://urstyle.com/topic/1638052/tide-pools-a-roleplay/25?page=2

SNIPPET
    ☽ Chrstina “Tina” Li, 28
    @ayzrules | a drama drooling skeptic
    Willing to do anything to get her hands on some spilled tea, this Los Angeles based “journalist” is ready to get that exclusive interview with the dreamy surfers the second they step into the parking lot to peel off their wetsuits. Celebs, children, and crazies – she’s ready for them all and she has her own little tricks on how to get them. Always equipped with a tape recorder and a damning question, Tina’s ready to sculpt some reports to make or break these stars, hopefully more breaking than lifting.
    Model: Xiao Wen Ju

SOME NOTES/IDEAS

• When Tina gets to Seaside, she obviously barely knows anyone, so she’s definitely going to be looking out for new informants
    • Tina works for a tabloid, and she’s really not afraid to stretch the truth (or downright lie), so long as she has a good story. Her tabloid doesn’t really have a reputation for being a very, uh, credible news source
    • That being said, it’s still very popular, and Tina’s a firm believer in “there’s no such thing as bad publicity”. So for people in bands/trying to enter the surfing competition, she’d definitely offer to do a (rather flattering, by her standards) piece on them if they helped her. Similarly, she’d offer to help people doing photography stuff land some freelance work at her tabloid in exchange for other favors
    • Tina doesn’t think mermaids are real, but that doesn’t matter in the context of her job. She’s just here for a good story, and if that means listening to mermaid-believers and putting their words in her column, then who cares?

PLOTTING

• Fannie Briggs (@Followyourbliss)
      Tina probably thinks Fannie is too naïve for her own good. Probably will make note of who she is and ask her about her experience with mermaids, but since she’s not really a noteworthy celebrity, Tina probably wouldn’t pay that much attention to her. And she wouldn’t believe Fannie in the slightest, though ofc she wouldn’t let that show if they ever interact

• Rowan Burres (@lecoupdefoudre)
      In all honesty Tina probably won’t care that much about Rowan since she’s not someone famous, lmao. If they ever interact, Tina would probably think she’s a ton of fun. And if she sees Rowan always out and about with a camera, tina would offer to get her on the phone w the editor of her tabloid and freelance work if she can get pics of surfers/any celebrities in Seaside for the competition

• Henry Cabidis (@lonaxos)
      Tina would probably be interested in asking him a couple questions about Seaside in general and the surfing stuff that happens around the town, seeing as he’s into surfing himself. If they ever interacted, she’d probably think that he’s sort of a player lmao

• Henry Holloway (@spacelava)
      So I’m SO DOWN for the plot you have in your post?????? For the gas station thing, maybe it was the night Tina got to Seaside in her rental car? As for the flirting part, Tina probably didn’t mean that much by it (just being herself, ya know?), but she would def. remember his face and the gas station he works at and would 100% be down to try to get any juicy deets out of him if she can. Maybe they can run into each other at one of the events and Tina can be like oh hey I know you btw do you know anything at all about ____ ? And lmao maybe that’s the event where henry says something that sorta shows how he feels about her and she just laughs and is like “my guy im almost 30” though if he mentioned his band at all tina would be like “oh yeah if you keep me in the loop while im here I can write smth for ur band, visit me in LA too I can hook u up”

• Savannah Morgan (@bloodystilinski)
      I’m not sure if Tina would care that much about Savannah, since she’s not like a famous celebrity or whatever. But if they ever interacted, Tina would probably appreciate her realist attitude

• Paul Murray (@agentdanascully)
      Tina’s probably heard of Paul’s sister in some capacity, and she’d offer to hook him up with freelance work in the future/rn if he has time (since he’s photographing the entire competition and all) if he can get her an interview with Justine. TBH she’d be a lot more interested in Justine than Paul himself lmao rip, though she’d like his personality

• Arabella Rown (@filthysoul)
      So the idea in your post is great???? Tina would probably be aware that Arabella’s parents have a daughter, and maybe she has some kind of contact who told her that Arabella would be in seaside? And after a bit of sleuthing Tina figures out “bella harrison” is actually Arabella? She would go to one of their performances and afterwards find Arabella, gush about how good they were and mention her job as a gossip columnist and be like “yeah so can I interview you for a piece I’m doing??? Everyone in LA NEEDS to hear bout yall” and if Arabella agreed to it, tina would probs reveal that she knows who Arabella is right before interview starts and be like “aight so you get me an exclusive interview w ur parents, I’ll get you on the front page of a very popular tabloid, and I wont say anything bad about you either!!!”

• Grace Stins (@mint)
      I think it’d be kind of interesting/fun if Tina knew who Grace actually was from the start??? Like maybe she has a friend who works at same place as Grace who told her that they were also sending someone down to Seaside? And tina would propose that they work together in some capacity, cause like they have pretty different goals it seems like (Grace seems like she wants a legit story, while tina’s fine with just bullshitting some clickbait-y stuff LOL). Plus she’d be able to tell that Grace is sort of new at this and show her some of her tricks, if Grace is receptive to that kind of stuff. Also I read @spacelava’s post and it would be fun if grace, tina, henry h. started hanging out w each other sometimes (since henry h. is crushing on tina lmaooo)
      Of course if you want to keep Grace’s identity a secret, that’s also super cool! Tina wouldn’t really pay much attention to her at first, since (im assuming) she’s posing as a relatively unknown surfer

• Adeline Wright (@Punkette123)
      LOL Tina would be doing anything she could to get pictures/an interview with Adeline, or even just a lil tidbit of info that she could spin into a story. She’d find it really frustrating that Adeline doesn’t like talking about herself that much, but ya girl doesn’t give up bahahaha. I can see Adeline getting annoyed and pegging Tina as just another annoying reporter/gossip columnist

@Followyourbliss
    @lonaxos
    @lecoupdefoudre
    @filthysoul
    @spacelava
    @bloodystilinski
    @agentdanascully
    @Punkette123
    @mint

• 0_1532328009179_12d3e887-2be6-40b9-85e3-e7ae4153ade1_original.png

set: https://urstyle.com/styles/1771919
    audition: https://urstyle.com/styles/1671202

☽ Savannah Morgan, 22
    @bloodystilinski | skeptic
    Secretly reversing her stance on mystic creatures, Savannah is the victim of resting b-tch face but don’t take it personally. A realist in her own mind, Savannah has lived nearly all of her life in the now sprawling town of Seaside and it says something that she’s returned on her own accord. With annoying secret from the new side of her very new step-father’s family that’s majorly challenged her stance on mermaids, she knows she’s in for a summer of deep sh-t and deeper dives.
    Model: Elizabeth Wood

PLOTTING |
    ideas will come here! / I will comment on all of your ideas soon too!

Taglist: (Credit to lonaxos)
    ○ Henry Cabidis - @lonaxos
    ○ Tina Li - @ayzrules
    ○ Grace Stins - @mint

• @ayzrules just imagine me nodding real hard to everything especially the part where she, grace and henry make the coolest new trio

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.