Transparent Background as default mode

• The Story Corner

This is just a strange little quirk I have noticed since the default position on the Editor was changed to selecting the transparent background when we put items into a set. Sometimes it doesn't seem to recognise a tube and puts it on the set with the transparent background chosen automatically.. then it has "holes" in it as if it wasn't a tube, but if I change to the white background option it becomes a proper tube again( complete with transparent background) It is only a minor inconvenience, but I think it might better to have the white background as default and then we can choose the transparent background if we want to.

• It makes no difference reallhy, as we can just click on either option and it changes. Yes, some things don't go well with clear background behind item, well, then you can cut it out. I've done so many times. I think there is no certain default, as I've seen it jump from one to the other in the same set choosing items.
    White for instance is hopeless. Just click on whatever square, clear or white or the last if you want to just take part of the pic.

• Yes, I’ve notice this as well.. it’s extremely annoying and I’ve had to paste and cut to try making it blend correctly. That’s just takes more time, I’m hoping this will be corrected in the near future.

• The Story Corner

@carloadofdogs Yes, I know it can be done, but I spent a lot of time making tubes on Photoshop and , to be honest, I am probably just worried that someone will try one of my tubes and think it's wonky!!! Whereas all it really needs is to go onto the white background!!

• Doll Group

@auntiehelen I noticed this as well, and I also use a lot of tubes.
    Perhaps it's an idea to put this into settings which background is picked by the creator?
    I also find it slower than the white background as default setting, as to me, it looks as if it picks white first, then the transparent, before you can change it manually.

I agree it's minor, yes.

• The Story Corner

@myrrael It is minor, but I thought I would point it out as it is something which might be fairly easily fixed !!! 🙂

• Doll Group

I’ve tried to use some of the transparencies but they don’t want to be transparent at all 😟

• Twisted Gypsies

There is no editing tool in URSTYLE that will allow for smoothing and feathering of Fade Items, but no other Moodboard provides this either. Polyvore already had it built in to their software and it 98 percent of the Fade Items we used were always blendable with artwork or fashion. I've suggested URSTYLE consider implementing it as part of their graphic code.
    Olioboard has a feathering tool but it's not near comparable to the quality of Polyvore. I personally think it's really important, especially for us Artists to have this feature built in because we miss out on so much we can do with the artwork we do. Other Moodboards were basically doing fashion and interior design. Now they're being asked to provide better editing tools from Polyvore Artists.

That being said, URSTYLE is the first Moodboard I've come across that cares enough to reach out to their Member Base directly and truly make an effort to improve the quality of their site. The effort they make is just so inspiring and they are "transparent" themselves. They keep everyone in the loop, and everyone participates and this is extraordinary and appreciated. It may take them some time to provide this feature but one thing at a time. They're still trying to make the Clipper available for other Search Engines and that's a lot of work and they just gave us Text. They keep their word, which is something rare in the business world these days. Something everyone respects.

So I'm hoping for this feature at some juncture, but they don't have the editing tools just now to take the cracks and jagged edges out of the Fades yet. I'm trying to work around that as well, but hopeful we'll have that graphic code implemented at some point. 🙂

• The Story Corner

@janesstylediary Have you tried putting them as if they were to have a white background?... that is clicking the centre option in the cropping tool? I made my own transparencies and find I have to choose that option. This happened since the default was changed to transparent background. I hope this helps!!

• The Story Corner

• Doll Group

@auntiehelen thanks for that, I was wondering about some of the coloured overlays, they are supposed to be transparent but they don’t seem to work...

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.