My Undead Girlfriend: An Upcoming RP

• NANOWRIMO 📝

alt text

MY UNDEAD GIRLFRIEND
    Welcome to the Academies for Heroes and Villains! Here at the Academies, we strive to provide your Heroic and Villainous children with the best education to be found in both realms. We work closely with students, faculty, and the community to provide a superior education, (sort of) safe schools, and a climate for success and an environment that promotes intellectual growth, individual initiative, mutual respect, and personal responsibility for productive citizenship and/or undeadness.

If your child has demonstrated a glorious altruism and a stupid amount of selflessness, then they shall be placed in Hero High, run by the esteemed Headmistress Angelica Eirisse.

If your child has demonstrated a thirst for blood (sometimes quite /literally/, if they are of vampiric descent) and adventure, then they shall be placed in Villain Academy, run by the nefarious Headmistress Tempesta Khalida.

Once again, welcome to the Academies! We look forward to instructing your child!

Visual inspo: https://www.pinterest.com/ayzrules/my-undead-girlfriend-mug/

Humans have never been the only “intelligent” species on this earth-there are many other species who live beside them, often without their knowledge. Elizabeth Bathory, the infamous Blood Countess? Vampire (/duh/). Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer and gold-medalist? Mermaid (probably). John Muir, that lowkey crazy dude who could recite Scripture from memory and went traipsing around in the mountains of the American west? Dryad. Donald Trump, the Cheeto-like president of the United States? Zombie (he was mauled to death during his election campaign by some angry werewolves who’d had too much of the “herbal substances” that the dryads are so fond of, but Headmistress Khalida Raised him. Who knows why?).

Millennia ago, a human-Hero-Villain war broke out, with humans emerging as the victor due to Hero-Villain in-fighting. Heroes and Villains retreated into the shadows and let the humans remember them only in fairytales and bedtime stories. A pact was formed in between the non-human species to hide their existence from humans, and so they set up two Academies separate from the human realm on an island simply known as “The Island” (the person who came up with the name is /real/ creative, right????). One side belongs to the Heroes, the species of good (AKA the species who don’t hate sunlight. Whether they’re good or not is probably disputable), and the other belongs to the Villains, the species of evil (“evil”; notice the quotes. “Evil”).

Thus, a balance was created in between Good, Evil, and Human.

For now.

Dun dun dun…

(Click me! → https://goo.gl/S98Hr6)

Hey everyone! So a couple of us from Polyvore have gotten together and decided to start an RP. Everyone is welcome to join!

More info and pre-mades are forthcoming. If you couldn't tell from my Very Serious and Very Legit introduction, this is supposed to be more of a satirical, tongue-in-cheek, and light-hearted RP. It's ALL the cliche high school tropes with some faeries and fangs mixed in.

I'll be posting a link to the actual RP topic once we have everything organized! In the mean time, feel free to ask any questions you have on this thread 🙂

(Brought to you by: @eureka @filthysoul @ayzrules @mountain-sound )

• NANOWRIMO 📝

STUDENT SPECIES (just in case anyone was curious 😉

THE GOOD,

{MERMAIDS}
    -Conjure up legs as they come on land, though they must return to the water (which brings back their scaly tails) within twenty-four hours, or they risk suffocating to death
    -Very good singers; many of them are in the Hero High choir and participate in musicals and plays
    -They also dominate the swim team-Villain Academy doesn't stand a /chance/ against them
    -Tend to be good at chemistry, biology, and earth science
    -But they can’t do physics for the life of them
    -Calc is a struggle, too
    -Mermaids can manipulate water and see omens within the waves
    -Some them are also capable of mesmerizing and controlling others with their haunting melodies
    -Usually characterized as sly and shrewd, though there is no single mermaid “stereotype”
    -Mermaids live in the lake on Hero High property
    -They eat raw fish and seaweed salad

{FAERIES}
    -Frivolous and flippant and fashionable; many of them are considered “popular”
    -Faeries can't lie, but that doesn't stop them at all as they skip class and pass around bottles of forbidden absinthe at prom
    -Many of them have an ethereal, lighter-than-air quality about them
    -They dominate the cheerleading, dance, and gymnastics teams
    -Faeries wings come in all shapes and sizes; some of them have delicate, gossamer-like wings, while others have wings reminiscent of birds-of-prey
    -Raw iron burns them
    -Capable of manipulating light and air; many of them are quite adept at creating illusions
    -Housed in glitzy, glamorous dormitories reminiscent of five-star hotel rooms-complete with spacious balconies and roof-top gardens

{DRYADS}
    -Intimately connected with the earth, there's no way that you can beat a dryad in geology or orgo chem
    -Tend to be wild and free-spirited and creative (they /do/ love dyeing their hair a million different colors)
    -Can frequently be found smoking, ah, /herbal substances/ in the fields and forests surrounding their dormitories
    -Quite fond of the date April 20th
    -Capable of communicating through emotions and sensations with both solid earth and plants -Although they are usually only adept at manipulating one or the other (the rare prodigy will master both)
    -Usually good with animals as well
    -Don't do so hot against fire or lightning, plus they're /really/ claustrophobic
    -Dryads live in small clusters of quaint cottages in a peaceful meadow

{FIRE MAGES}
    -Will be forever known as “the group without a cool name”
    -Notorious for their nasty tempers and strong sense of school spirit/pride
    -Good at pottery and ceramics and sculpture
    -Fire mages, as their name implies, can manipulate fire (it's /not/ a good idea to have all of them attempt a lab involving bunsen burners in a cramped, poorly-ventilated classroom-just ask Dr. T) -Weakened by water
    -Tend to be fierce and feisty, although most of them have also got a strong sense of right and wrong
    -Quite a few of them are in student government.
    -Always the ones starting fights with kids at Villain Academy (usually werewolves)
    -Their dormitories are located underneath the school's volcano (it's used to generate electricity with some wacky obscure magic that literally nobody understands)

THE BAD,

{WEREWOLVES}
    -Usually hot-headed and ferociously loyal
    -Werewolves stick up for each other, no matter what
    -Not particularly renowned for their academic prowess
    -No werewolf can resist the call of the night on a full moon
    -Along with their ability to turn into an inhumanly large wolf, werewolves are also extremely strong, with senses far above those of any ordinary creature
    -Though most will tell you that it's a disadvantage-/especially/ those that pass by the boys' locker room
    -Many of the werewolves are wrestlers and football players
    -Silver burns them
    -Every full moon, the werewolves will run through the woods, preying on anything that they can get their claws on
    -Their dormitories are located in a cabin in the dark woods, about a ten-minute walk from campus
    -Werewolves eat raw meat and fresh game; they seem to hate vegetables, for some inexplicable reason

{WITCHES}
    -Operate within the realm of potions and spells; some have limited clairvoyant abilities
    -Fond of overly Extra aesthetics (black acrylic nails, glittery black lipstick, black designer gowns, and the like)
    -666 is their magic number
    -Quite sneaky-it helps when one can literally shroud themselves in darkness with the right spells (especially for midnight escapades to the human world for some cheap booze; the faeries are always /so/ stingy with the absinthe)
    -Stereotyped as the less-sparkly and more goth version of faeries
    -Do everything for The Aesthetic (™)
    -And out of spite, probably
    -Many of them play in Villain Academy's orchestra; they're also great at chemistry and cooking
    -Weakened by the sun, like most Villains
    -Witches live in the ground and middle floors of Freya's Fortress

{VAMPIRES}
    -Characterized as suave blood-suckers who will charm their way into your heart with their powers of hypnotism and drop-dead gorgeous looks
    -This is, in fact, only true for a very small portion of the vampiric population at Villain Academy (I mean, come on. Half of them haven't even gone through puberty yet!).
    -Nevertheless, vampires are rather charismatic (even if they can't sit out on the senior patio; too much direct sunlight, you see)
    -They run the social scene at Villain Academy, along with the witches
    -Capable of shifting into bats and gifted with enhanced speed, endurance, and agility
    -Also have amazing hearing and eyesight-no ugly glasses for these vamps, thank you very much
    -Vampires are weakened by garlic and cannot go out in direct sunlight
    -They live in the towers and turrets of Freya's Fortress
    -They subsist on an iron-rich diet of human blood (though some of them are a /tad/ lacking in Vitamin D)

{NECROMANCERS}
    -Year after year, the Villain Academy student council president (usually a vampire, which p/sses everybody else off) presents the witches with the award for being the “edgiest”-a title that the necromancers held for a decade, and one that they are determined to win back
    -Slinking around in their black boots and black eyeliner, necromancers are Villain Academy's resident “goth” and “emo” kids; they are very morbid
    -Unduly fond of tattoos and piercings
    -Necromancers can raise the dead for a limited amount of time, depending on how much they sacrifice to the deities (read: demons) of the underworld
    -Sacrifices of human blood work the best, especially if it's drawn from the necromancer themselves. Animal blood works alright-live animals are even better
    -They are talented mathematicians, most likely due to the complex formulas and equations that they must know in order to summon the dead (which also requires pentagrams and pentacles, runes, and incantations)
    -The catch to their ability is that any Raised individual, known as a “zombie”, is eventually re-claimed by death
    -Necromancers live in the dungeons of Freya's Fortress

AND THE WEIRD.

{ZOMBIES}
    -These students were Raised from the dead by necromancers
    -Like mutants, they are appraised by the headmistresses of the Academies before they are placed in one of the schools
    -Zombies are usually sustained by either continual blood sacrifices, or, in some extreme cases, necromancers gave their lives to Raise them
    -Most zombie students have at least one parent that is a necromancer
    -Zombies tend to be more “zoned out” than anybody else
    -They don't have any special abilities (if they were vampires, then they lose their fangs; if they were werewolves, then they can't shift anymore, et cetera)
    -Though they /are/ very in-tune with the dead; some have even been known to be able to directly communicate with the dead
    -Can't go out in direct sunlight (much like vampires); must be wearing SPF 50+ sunscreen along with sunglasses, hats, parasols, etc
    -Physiologically-speaking, they are notoriously unstable (some of them have lost limbs just walking to class). Their skin also is, well, kinda sorta rotting 24/7. Even the best Chanel perfume can’t cover up the faint smell of death that clings to them
    -Zombies live in a windowless apartment complex along the Strip, next to the mutants
    -They eat brains, of any sort-rat, giraffe, human, vampire-anything works

{MUTANTS}
    -Normal human beings who somehow obtained supernatural or superhuman abilities; usually, they were simply born with them
    -Mutants are usually the first of their generation to attend either Hero or Villain Academy
    -When a mutant is enrolling, the headmistress of Hero High and the headmistress of Villain Academy will get together and discuss where to place a mutant human
    -The abilities of the mutants (and the social circles that they frequent) tend to vary widely, from healing to telepathy to metal-manipulation
    -Mutants never have more than two or three special abilities, and are otherwise perfectly human
    -They live in a modern apartment complex along the the Strip

• This post is deleted!

• @ayzrules This is great, love the lighthearted-ness of this
    Are you guys 'accepting' members for this topic/rp?

(I really hope that we can make group-pages in the not so far away future)
    & the pinterest collages are lovely!

• hi, @ayzrules! remember me? probably not. anyways, it's so good to see you here! i remember being in this polyvore group! so excited to be back. i totally hope that we can make groups and stuff soon. tell me when you start accepting members because i'd love to maybe remake my old character or start from scratch 🙂

• @ayzrules I would still love to be in the group but like I said on the other topic. I'm not sure I can handle creating premades atm. I'm sorry if you guys don't want me a part of this any longer I understand.

• NANOWRIMO 📝

@bloodystilinski yes!!! 100%
    we're still working on getting some of the stuff organized but i will tag you in actual rp topic when it's up!

• NANOWRIMO 📝

@barbarah0lland HEY!! i didn't recognize your urstyle username but I totally remember you on PV after stalking your PV usernames, haha. and will do!

• NANOWRIMO 📝

@followyourbliss no worries 🙂 and ofc you can still 100% join!

• NANOWRIMO 📝

quick bump with some info on classes 🙂

FACULTY AND COURSES
    The classes listed are examples-feel free to add/make up any of your own! All classes are available to everyone unless otherwise specified.

MATHEMATICS
    -Taught by Professors Irina Hesperia (Hero, mutant) and Professor Nicolette Hou (Villain, necromancer)
    -Runic Mathematics for Necromancers (Professor Hou)
    -Algebra I & II
    -Trigonometry
    -Geometry
    -Statistics
    -AB, BC, and Multivariable Calculus
    -Pre-Calc/Math Analysis

CHEMISTRY
    -Taught by Professor Sirius Thangavadivel/Dr. T (Hero, fire mage) and Professor Zella Pythea (Villain, witch)
    -Explosive Chemistry for Fire Mages (Dr. T)
    -Basic Potions for all Villainous Students (Professor Pythea)
    -Spells and Potions for Witches (Professor Pythea)
    -Introductory Chemistry
    -Intermediate Chemistry
    -Organic Chemistry
    -Bioorganic Chemistry

ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
    -Taught by Professor Venette Mordred (Hero, dryad), Professor Morwenna Leander (Hero, mermaid), and Professor Archibald Orsova (Villain, zombie)
    -Advanced Geology for Dryads (Professor Mordred)
    -Hydrochemistry and Advanced Hydrology for Mermaids (Professor Leander)
    -Bathymetry and Oceanography for Mermaids (Professor Leander)
    -Introductory Environmental Science
    -Geology
    -Hydrology
    -Atmospheric Sciences
    -Ecology
    -Environmental Policy

BIOLOGY
    -Taught by Professor Griselda Martinez (Hero, dryad), Professor Talon Asmodeus (mermaid), and Professor Ezra Vernon (Villain, necromancer)
    -Advanced Plant and Animal Biology for Dryads (Professor Martinez)
    -Marine Biology for Mermaids (Professor Asmodeus)
    -Introductory Biology
    -Cellular Biology
    -Genetics
    -Evolutionary Biology
    -Molecular Biology
    -Anatomy and Physiology

PHYSICS
    -Taught by Professor Tobias Azerrad (Hero, faerie) and Professor Nathaniel Mabon (Villain, werewolf)
    -Advanced Optics for Faeries (Professor Azerrad)
    -Applied Physics for Werewolves (Professor Mabon)
    -Introductory Physics/Kinematics
    -Conceptual Physics
    -Mechanical Physics
    -Quantum Physics
    -Electromagnetic Physics
    -Optics

WORLD LANGUAGES
    -Taught by Professor Liliana Quinn (Hero, mutant) and Professor Fabian Ortiz-Rosario (Villain, necromancer)
    -Pretty much any language you can think of

-ENGLISH
    -Taught by Professor Maxwell Cole (Hero, mutant) and Professor Warren Leopold (Villain, zombie)
    -Penning Appropriately Villainous Literature for Villain Academy Students (Professor Leopold)
    -On Writing College Application Essays for For Students Wishing to Attend Human Universities (Professor Cole)
    -Literature classes from many different time periods/regions
    -English Language and Composition
    -Creative Writing
    -Poetry Writing
    -Literature classes that focus on one specific author (ie: Shakespeare)

HISTORY
    -Taught by Professor Philomena Caedmon (Hero, faerie) and Professor Malachi Zhou (Villain, vampire)
    -Stupidly Heroic Feats That You Shouldn't Repeat for Hero High Students (Professor Caedmon)
    -The Greatest Evil Masterminds of All Time for Villain Academy Students (Professor Zhou)
    -Human, Heroic, and Villainous history from any time period/region
    -World History I & II

CHOIR (Heroic and Villainous)
    -Taught by Professor Kristoff Tod (Hero, mermaid) and Professor Mallory Norrix (Villain, necromancer)

BAND (Heroic and Villainous; includes music theory)
    -Taught by Professor Tiana Tereza (Hero, fire mage) and Professor Marcellus Zoltan (Villain, werewolf)

ORCHESTRA (Heroic and Villainous)
    -Taught by Professor Emerande Chandra (Hero, dryad) and Professor Zaleria Hazelmere (Villain, witch)

ART
    -Taught by Professor Julia Lorraine (Hero, faerie) and Professor Magnus Sterling (Villain, witch)
    -Optical Illusions for Faeries (Professor Lorraine)
    -Art I, II, III, IV (corresponding to each grade)
    -Drawing and Painting
    -Sculpture
    -Photography
    -Printmaking
    -Graphic Design

DRAMA (Heroic and Villainous)
    -Taught by Professor Dante Keiran (Hero, mermaid) and Professor Lilith Zara (Villain, vampire)

PRACTICAL SKILLS (REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS)
    -These classes are meant to teach Heroes and Villains alike how to properly use their abilities. The first class of every student's schedule is always a practical skills class. Freshmen take Practical Skills for ___ I, sophomores take Practical Skills for __ II, and so on)
    -FOR MERMAIDS: divination, water-manipulation, siren song (Professors Leander and Tod)
    -FOR FAERIES: flying, illusions, light-manipulation, air-manipulation (Professor Lorraine and Coach Xie)
    -FOR DRYADS: earth-manipulation, plant-manipulation, earth/plant/animal-communication (Professors Martinez and Mordred)
    -FOR FIRE MAGES: fire-manipulation, munition-manufacturing (Dr. T and Professor Tereza)
    -FOR WEREWOLVES: shifting and controlling the shift, hunting (Coach Malchior and Professor Zoltan)
    -FOR WITCHES: spell-casting, runes/hexes/curses, divination (Professors Sterling and Mabon)
    -FOR VAMPIRES: shifting, flying, blood-sucking etiquette (Professors Zhou and Zara)
    -FOR NECROMANCERS: Raising the dead (Revivification), mastering pentagrams/runes/incantations, selecting sacrifices, How Not to Piss Off a Demon 101 (Headmistress Khalida)
    -FOR ZOMBIES: resisting the urge to eat brains, keeping oneself physiologically intact (Professor Leopold)
    -FOR MUTANTS: free practice, tips on how to deal with parental drama/judgement (Headmistress Eirisse)

PHYSICAL EDUCATION (REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS)
    -Taught by Coach Thalia Xie (Hero, faerie) and Coach Hendrik Malchior (Villain, werewolf)
    -Physical education classes are more reminiscent of dueling or sparring than traditional P.E. In P.E., students will put their Practical Skills classes to use as they duke it out either one-on-one or on teams (thankfully, the nurse for both schools is a mutant with a healing ability. Otherwise the students would be forced to deal with any sustained injuries the traditional way).
    -Inter-Academy match-ups organized by Coach Xie (Hero, faerie) and Coach Malchior (Villain, werewolf) occur at the midpoint of each semester. These serve as midterm assessments for the students, and usually occur either in the shared football stadium (which is filled with booby traps, of course) or somewhere outside.
    -The final exam for physical education is an all-out Hero vs. Villain brawl. The entire island is converted into an arena, and the professors spend months filling every nook and cranny with a nasty surprise. Seniors go first, then juniors, then sophomores, and then freshmen. It's quite possibly the most celebrated event of the year-aside from prom, of course.

SAMPLE SCHEDULE FOR A NECROMANCER SENIOR
    -Practical Skills for Necromancers IV (PRACTICAL SKILLS)
    -Runic Mathematics IV (MATHEMATICS)
    -Photography (ART)
    -Clarinet (BAND)
    -World History: Villainous (HISTORY)
    -Physical Education IV
    -Cell Bio (BIOLOGY)
    -British Literature (ENGLISH)

• @ayzrules looks great cant wait: 🙂

• @ayzrules yay!!

• NANOWRIMO 📝

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.