Where can I find a reasonably priced apartment in Dubai?
-
I work in the oil business, and our company has a pretty close relationship with a partner in Dubai. They recently offered me a position in their office there, and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Warm weather, the sea nearby, and a chance to live somewhere completely different sounds pretty good. I don't want to bounce between rentals once I move, so I'd rather buy a small place of my own from the start. Where should I look for more affordable apartments in Dubai?
-
The first thing I'd check is how far you're willing to drive to the office every morning. Dubai spreads out fast, and a cheaper apartment loses some of its charm when the commute eats up two hours a day. Once you've got a reasonable radius on the map, look at neighborhoods a little farther from Downtown and Marina. JVC and Arjan are two areas I'd check for smaller apartments at more manageable prices, provided either one works with your commute.
-
You don't have to wait until the move to get a decent idea of what your budget will buy. Spend some time comparing prices, apartment sizes, and neighborhoods online so you already know which parts of Dubai are realistic for you. I'd browse Dubai real estate listings here: https://atvir.com/ . Save a few apartments that fit your budget and compare what you get in different areas. That will give you a much better starting point before you relocate.