Contest Judging

• š—™š—”š—¦š—›š—œš—¢š—” š——š—œš—©š—”š—¦

Hi,
    I have a good friend who is new to URSTYLE and thoroughly enjoys making his own sets. However, he has become unenthusiastic about entering contests due to the judging not being done in a timely fashion. He understands that people have a life outside of URSTYLE, and it may take longer to judge certain contests if they are popular and have a lot of submissions, but he, as well as others, I am sure, are eager to see the winning results. I know I am. Life happens sometimes and we both understand that but is there a guideline or general rule of thumb as to determine how long the group admins have to judge their contests? There are a few contests that ended several weeks ago that have yet to be judged and my friend is just curious as to when they will be judged.
    Thanks in Advance - Kathleen

• @katsmeow69 sorry dear, but iā€™m trying my best. My 3 groups just ended their contests. Hopefully i can judge the 3 contests soon!

• š—™š—”š—¦š—›š—œš—¢š—” š——š—œš—©š—”š—¦

@vvccourtz Oh, it wasn't you that I was referring. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am not trying to rush anyone. My friend is just really anxious to see how he did in a few other contests. He is new to URSTYLE. I was around back in the day with POLYVORE so I know how things go. I am trying to encourage my friend not to give up on contests here because he really puts in the time and effort with his sets and he really enjoys creating here. Most of the users here are female and I thought it was nice to have a male perspective in the ranks.

• Hodgepodge

@katsmeow69 I just recently had a very good friend ask me about a contest that had gone past "the past due date" in judging LOL. She asked me about it in private message. I would think that sending a message to them first, a private one like she sent me, would be helpful. I actually thought that I had judged the contest.

There are a few moderators that do wait a rather lengthy period of time, about two contests links before judging. I like the contests, so I continue doing them; however, if I found it frustrating, I wouldn't. There are many contests out there, so you might suggest to him to try different ones until he finds those he isn't frustrated with, or have him contact the moderator privately to ask why.

I just got over covid and then the flu. That probably doesn't explain me missing the contest, because I really thought that I had judged it. It might explain it for a few others. Tell him that everyone who comes on a forum like this is looking for a little escape from the pressures of life. Most are just busy.
    Mostly tell him to feel free to contact me if he believes I am taking too long but in a private message. I don't mind at all. I hope this helps him.

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.