Farfetch

• Style File

Was clipping from Farfetch and it blocked me saying too many requests in a given amount of time, LOL!! They think I'm a bot I guess.

• I had the same thing happen on Fragrantica with a warning about "scrapping" (basically clipping) being illegal. I looked it up & the issue went to 9th circuit court & was declared legal. I thought about Pinterest that is basically full of "scrapped" items except for retailers advertising on there. I hope the "too many request" you experienced on Farfetch doesn't become the norm.

• @romaboots wow, that's crazy! Good to know the legality of clipping items.

• Style File

@pvjewelry @romaboots I've had a couple of other sites do that, I don't recall which ones, but instead of completely blocking me it would offer a "find the bicycles in the photo" type of option just to prove I was "human".

• I've had the "check that you're human" option come up on other websites too from time to time. Just curious, but did you try "open image in new tab" instead of using the clipper? I use that a lot on Pinterest b/c I've had trouble with items going through directly using the clipper.

• @fashionmonkey Wow, I have not had that issue yet, maybe I just don't clip enough. I'll keep this in mind, though. How interesting!

• Style File

@romaboots I usually open the item in a new tab and clip from there (using clipper). I do this so that I don't lose my place from the sort that I am searching. It's just something new that has been happening. It usually happens on Farfetch after about 20 or so items that I have clipped. BUT if I'm on a site where clipping doesn't work then I send the "image" to my items. Much more time consuming though. I have to really like something in order to do that. Isn't it interesting how we all have our methods? 🙂 I love how we learn from one another.

• @romaboots You know what, I have had to open the image in a new tab but I make sure to add the title of the item and the link to it in the description as it won't automatically provide the link to the item when you open in new tab.

This may be a completely separate topic but anytime I find an image I want to clip if it's not from the source website I will go into Google Reverse Image Search to try to find and clip from the actual source for the image. This way other users who may be interested in purchasing the item can follow the link to purchase. It's just a pet peeve of mine when you click on an item on Pinterest and it takes you to a dead-end link or image link.

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.