Ending the 4th of July Contest Early

• Fashion, Fashion, Fashion

Hello everyone, in light of recent events in the United States (where I am from and currently live), I am going to end the 4th of July contest (in my group Trending Today) early. To be completely honest, I am not feeling very patriotic due to the actions of the Supreme Court of the United States putting millions of people in danger as well as making policies that go against my rights, and therefore do not want to host a contest celebrating the country which is making stands I do not agree with.

For those of you who are not familiar with what is going on in the U.S. currently, here's a quick recap: The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) recently ruled to overturn the precedented Roe v. Wade case, which protected abortion rights in the country as well as other things along those lines. This led to a domino effect of many states passing extreme laws against abortion, where in some states a doctor could face up to 15 years in prison for performing an abortion. Additionally, SCOTUS just ruled to restrict the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 's authority to mandate carbon emission reductions, which will no doubt have detrimental effects on the environment and any kind of legislation towards climate change in the future.

I am scared for the changes that will come next in America as we are currently seeing a wave of undoing progress the people have worked hard to achieve.

Again, I know I don't bring politics on this platform, however I just wanted to explain my reasoning for ending this contest early and even if you don't agree with my opinions, I hope you guys will understand. I will be posting a new contest up shortly with a different theme later today, so there will still be a challenge for you guys to try! 😊

Have a good day,
    Mayblooms

• @mayblooms 💗 Every thing that is undone can be done again. Power to the people!

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.