USING ARTWORK in YOUR SETS {KEEP IN MIND}

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

UPDATED INFORMATION ADDED 14JAN21

useful information about artwork is using the 95-100 years rule meaning don't use artwork in your sets without permission from the artist especially if you are changing the original publication if it is a piece under 100 years old. You can use PUBLIC DOMAIN artwork any way you wish

1OCT15 original post from Polyvore
    #helpguide
    #tips
    #flipthisartist
    Artwork featured is from Artwork Factory
    http://www.the-artwork-factory.com/circular-art/pura-puseh-circular-art.html

This help guide is to help our group over at Flip This ARTIST (http://www.polyvore.com/flip_this_artist/group.show?id=189305 ) visualize what our group guidelines are when we host a contest featuring/promote an artist that does not want their original work to be changed in any form. Meaning, the artist allows us to feature their works only if we obey their wishes to accept none Altered/manipulated, or layered sets.

ORIGINAL FORM: artwork that is presented as created by the original artist. The way the piece is sold or showcased on the website.

ALTERING/MANIPULATING: the artwork has been changed somehow from its original form.
    β‹…This could be by cropping pieces of the artwork (i.e objects)
    β‹… adding embellishments over/on top of the artwork
    β‹… layering objects/items/photos over/on top of the artwork

*Adding frames around artist artworks and slight cropping is always accepted.

*It is very important to not alter the works of artists who don't give permission due to copyright laws. Also, it is a great practice to always cite/mention an artist in the description of the set (even if it's not to our group) of whose artwork you are using in a set. Along with site links if you have one.

If anyone has questions/suggestions/concerns, please let us know. We are more than happy to answer in a timely manner.

P.S: If you are an artist or know someone who is an artist and would like to be featured, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] (PM works as well. :))

#anchor(INTRODUCING I SPY)
    ORIGINAL POST FROM 2020
    Hey Hey Designers.....I wanted to point out something that doesn't happen often in our group but has been happening for the last few months of the contest. Usually when a PROVIDED collection is given for our challenges. We will SPECIFY if it is an INSPIRATIONAL collection or a NEEDED collection. For example, for our current challenge SPARE 3 SQUARES, you all are rocking and on fire with the design creations coming in but SOOOO many designs are MISSING the clients' tile request/requirement from this collection of tiles ➑️ https://urstyle.fashion/collections/100409

Maybe the instructions given weren't clear enough, so sorry for that Designers. So with all that said...I gonna steal a needed tool/idea/concept from my gal @FunkyJunkyGypsy . I'm sure you all know about her flagged ALIENπŸ‘½. The flagged 'ALIEN' works for her group as an easy indicator to make the set maker AWARE that their set doesn't follow the contest guidelines.

I decided for our group we could use this tool as a great moderator/administrator tool to weed through the sets and know if the person entering the contest already has been notified of the error. This indeed cuts out some clicking and loading time versus sending out PM/DM after visiting the set and set overview of items. Our flagged 'ALIEN' will be 🧐 the 'I SPY' emoji and when the set is corrected you will see 😎 'COOL' emoji. That's how you advance to judgment day entries.

Sounds Fair?! πŸ™ƒ.....we will practice using this tool NOW with these two challenges at hand.

Of course, the main idea of our group is to be INSPIRED, enjoy being CHALLENGED, LEARN new skills, and HAVE FUN...oh yeah and LAUGH. I hope this doesn't dampen the fun.
    0_1605467157883_Copy of Copy of 1044px Γ— 260px – Untitled Design.png

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as we are in the #changeitup2 family together Designer...get vocal when you can.

Cheers 😘 Kisha & Kristina
    0_1610690999324_20201206_174848.png

• Poetry In Motion (Art Group)

Great entry ladies!

• Twisted Gypsies

@luckied99 Very cool!!! 0_1610720269105_d1543147-25a5-4c39-a18c-2400084fca4a-image.png Love the icon of our Hostesses and LOVE the Spy!!! 🧐

I spy an alien! Now I will know what it feels like to dread something popping up in my Set, LOL! Seriously, love this!!!

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.