πŸŽ„ HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2020 β˜ƒοΈπŸ–οΈπŸŽ„

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

HAPPIEST HOLIDAYS DESIGNERS

Wow Designers...HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and yours! I can't believe this year is already at the tail-end and it has been mighty eventful won't you say. The most unbelievable thing is...that this year went by so FAST. I mean, it zoomed by us...or am I the only one that thinks so πŸ˜†.
    Here, in our Urstyle World, you all have been very supportive Designers per usually but MY, have you all grown and developed in the presentations that you submit to our challenges. MY WORD, have you all made our JUDGEMENTS DAYS so competitive! Which in my eyes is a good thing. It makes our visits to your sets not only inspiring but worthwhile, fun, and makes us feel HONORED to have YOU in this group.

@kristina and I are always talking about how We are SOOOO proud of your growth this year, which is, what living is all about, right? GROWING, IMPROVING, and setting new GOALS. Honestly, we feel like proud MAMAs. πŸ˜†
    When we hop on to see your engagement in our forum post or in our contest it fills our heart with joy especially since our time on URSTYLE is very limited due to us both being business MOMS with LARGE families. Trust me...lots of moving parts...but we both have great systems and you guys make us eager to get to you and play with YOU here.

0_1608758501079_Copy of Copy of urstyle contest banner 1044px Γ— 260px – (1).gif

Welp, what I'm really trying to say is...THANK YOU Designers for your continued support, dig deeper within yourselves, manifest greatness, surround yourselves with inspiration, love & laughter. We wish you all the best for our 2021. Sending you all healthy vibes...

❀️ Oh, and if stayed to the end...you know you have to share something amazing with us...πŸ€—
    1️⃣ What was YOUR FAVORITE CHALLENGE [contest] this year?
    2️⃣ Is there anything that you have learned from our challenges that you keep with you now?
    Share with us...let US get to chatting with our like minds. 😁.....Btw we have a surprise for you before the New Year

CHEERS TO THE DAYS AHEAD 😘 K&K

• Twisted Gypsies

@luckied99 The happiest of holidays to you both and to all you love -- and all you don't! Thank you for the kind words and wishes!

My Favorite challenge was the Fornasetti. That was a tough one and I think I made it work while still expressing my own "style" (sarcasm, LOL!)

In general, this year especially, I loved love loved admiring the Home Sets of others and working with light and shadow to give my Home Sets better dimension. I also learned, from you my dear @luckied99, that it's best to keep Home Sets square. I like to add lots of detail, so putting it all in one square space is STILL a challenge for me.

I must add that I enjoyed writing up details of my "process" in some of the contests. It started with the Shoe Closet for @kristina, but my favorite of those Sets was "DIY Dollar Store DΓ©cor πŸ’΅ Get The Look!"

This was not only fun to "assemble" but, as you can tell, I had a blast describing it -- and your reaction was FABULOUS.

It's been a treat to collect the Home Sets of others in this group as inspiration and FACINATION. It's AMAZING what those who are far more creative than me can design based on your challenges. Very inspiring, and the Group Members keep me coming back for more in an effort to improve my skills. Placing in your Contests is not a concern. To be blunt, I could care less if an entry of mine wins in ANY group contest and I always appreciate it and am delighted when something I created is selected. When something I submitted to this group earns a place in the Winner's Circle, I am beyond surprised and, of course, quite happy that I designed my Set well enough to be included among all the incredible talent here. πŸ˜ƒ

Lastly, a request/idea/suggestion....?
    I'm in the process of redecorating my home and I'm stumped. I'll get there, but in the meantime, it would be fun if every now and again, members could take a photo of one of their rooms and upload it. We'd have to reconstruct the layout based on the room itself, to the best we can, but the idea would be to offer design ideas, mock-ups of what the room might look like based on our own tastes -- unless the person has a style in mind. Say they take a photo of their bedroom and want it to be (don't vomit) pale pink and have a shabby-cottage feel. Judging would not have to be based on what design they like best. It can simply be done as usual. But the person whose room is being graphically enhanced would get a load of ideas they could work from -- and some inspiration. If YOU read this far, let me know what you think!

xox
    Joan

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

Dear Joan, thank you for your wonderful "wrap up" of the 2020. We are both happy you enjoyed our contests. You take on every contest in your own way and we adore your sense of humor. We are so proud of our members and their changes through the contests. Also, what we really, really like is interaction in the forum and we really, really like to read your process of making sets.
    In the new year we will have more challenges for you, more chats, more interesting contests. One of them surely can be your idea of taking a picture of the real room (member's room or rooms) and see how members will redecorate! Both @luckied99 Kisha and I will talk about it and see to make it work.
    My husband and I bought new apartment recently and we are renovating it as we speak. It would be nice to see few ideas and tips from members for our 3 in 1 room (kitchen/dining/living)... thank you for the ideaβ™₯
    Let's kick this year in the butt and happily look forward to the new and better 2021! Cheers dearβ™₯

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

@funkyjunkygypsy So happy that you have so many take-aways from this year's challenges [here and IRL]. Just wait for 2021...we have SOOOOO much more to discover.

As our gal @Kristina states...WE ADORE your sense of humor and your commentary is always what we await...You already knew that though because I can't stop telling youuu..LOL.

We will definitely have to run a few of these types of REAL-LIFE client scenarios very soon. You guys SHOULD know these are REALLY my favorite types of challenges...[I wonder why...tehe]. @Kristina will chat it up per usual and add it to our groups list of challenges...so stay tuned.

psstt...I really like how you broke your response down as RECAP with images...fun!

• Twisted Gypsies

@kristina So so glad you enjoy (and understand) my sense of humor. And by "understand", I mean that you realize it's all tongue in cheek, though sometimes, foot-in-mouth! Humor, like art, is healing and of so therapeutic. In fact, you addressed me as "Joan" which is a a joke in itself! As @luckied99 to explain. I think you'll get a kick out of it!

CONGRATS on the new apartment! Decorating is so much fun.. and you are renovating too? How exciting! GREAT way to start 2021 Good for you both! And many blessings! xox

• Twisted Gypsies

@luckied99 You made my day with your response! And I LOVE that you liked how I broke up mine! Fun all around, as well as smiles, warm wishes, and love!

Love you, Girl!
    Joan πŸ˜‹ 😝 😜

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.