RE: LENGTH OF TIME FOR SOME OF THESE CONTESTS

• Art Expression

Just throwing this out here to see what you all think. seeing that so many many of us are enjoying entering these fantastic contests,they just seem so long to wait to see who wins and loses.Some are weeks before they get judged,I don't know about all you others but some of the contests I enter take so long to judge them that I forget I was even in them.Just wondering seeing that there are so many great contests open to enter you forget you even entered them just wondering what you all think about it...Maybe its just me..hugs Louise

• Just Vintage

I have forgotten about some contests I have entered...lol you're not alone! I try to make my contests in Just Vintage for two weeks. (Although I have a breast cancer awareness contest running all of October.) I don't think I will set up too many more month-long contests. It is pretty likely that I'll stick with two-weeks or maybe 10 days. ❤ Shelley

• The Story Corner

@weesey I did always try to make them fortnightly ( ie 2 weeks if you're not a Brit!!) but lately I seem to be awfully short of time for the judging bit and I don't like a lag between the end date and the final announcement of winners; so my last few have been 3 weeks... does anyone find that too long? I personally feel it's the time that elapses after the closing date that makes me forget about it, but I know everyone has a life outside of this platform so I try to be philosophical about it, and enjoy it as a nice surprise if I'm placed in a contest I had all but forgotten about!! ✨😁✨

• Fashion, Fashion, Fashion

Personally, my contests in my groups are always 10 days and I try to judge the winners as soon as possible! I ma a college student though and do not work full time so I have more availability to do so 😊 I feel as though the average contest length on URSTYLE is somewhere between one week and two weeks. However, I do get what you are saying and I have forgotten I entered a contest because the end date was so long ago. I also agree with @auntiehelen because some people are just really busy so I try to take that into account and it is always fun to be surprised if you place in a contest you forgot you entered!

• Art Expression

@mayblooms THANKS MY FRIEND FOR YOUR FEEDBACK WHAT YOU ARE SAYING MAKES ALOT OF SENSE THANKS

• Twisted Gypsies

@weesey I've been having a different issue with contests, though I also find it frustrating when Winners have not yet been announced, but I remind myself this is all in fun and what we win is a little boost to our creative moral. It's not like we're winning money, LOL!

My issue is the number of contests going on at one time.
    Because so many people are home quarantining, there is time to make multiple contests in one group. I've had to pare down on the number of contests I join AND the number of Sets I create for those contests. It feels like I'm playing favorites, so what I do is simply enter the contests that have a theme I know I will really enjoy creating for.

Missing Contest Announcements is another issue.
    If you don't Bookmark/Favorite Place contests in your browser, or check them on the UrStyle Contest Page, one can easily miss the Winner's Announcement, provided there is one.

So that's my small gripe, but there are work-arounds and practicing patience is one of them. Everyone running a group here has a life elsewhere, offline, and that takes precendent. Or it should... 🙂

• I bookmark contests I'm interested in so I can remember to enter them in the first place. ☺ Sometimes I don't have much time to be on URSTYLE, so I miss out and then have to delete the bookmark. But if I enter them, I always keep them bookmarked until the winners are announced.

• Twisted Gypsies

@zenzalei Same here!

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

I understand the feelings that some contest take a long time to be judged, however, I've learned to be grateful for the long contest periods some have allowing you the time to create and enter into more contests. If more people enter, it makes sense that the judging will take a few days. It was frustrating to me when many of the contests started around the same time and all ended within 5 to 7 days. Now the timeframes vary allowing those of us with not a lot of time to devote to Urstyle more opportunities to enter different contest.

Also there is the issues of unpredictability of the website working properly. Clipper can be down for days or the website may not be working properly allowing you to create and submit a set within a short timeframe for a contest. This is a continuous issue. I got the 503 service error this morning and couldn't access the site.

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.