K-POP (Korean pop)

• HI! Big Kpop fan right over here. Love the music and fashion style. My favorite groups are BTS, EXO, MONSTAX, BLACKPINK, MAMAMOO, 2NE1, EXID, G-Idle, IKON, ATEEZ, Itzy, and solos are Somi, Sunmi, HyunA. KPOP rules yo and I am happy that you created this post because I would like to get to know some kpop fans on urstyle. πŸ˜„ I purple you!

• URSTYLE Contests

big time BTS fan here!! i make lots of silly BTS related looks on here. i used to do lots of stuff on polyvore

• @ayzrules said in K-POP (Korean pop):

ayo sis i'm just creeping this thread but you should to listen to 1cm, age gag/aze gag, delcomaie, and yes i am. also hwasa's twit πŸ˜„ oh! and sleep in the car if you want to hear moonbyul and hwasa pop off

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@semper-eadem AHHHH twit and delcomaie are both SO GOOD, thank you for the recs! ill check them out tonight!

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@peachy-eyes hello pls share groups you like when you feel like it? ❀

• @ayzrules oh girl, don't get me started!! LOLOL

i have been listening to kpop since i was a freshman in high school (so a very long time) and i am totally obsessed! i probably listen to more kpop / kindie songs than traditional radio hits. it's just SO GOOD -- the aesthetics, the music, the choreography, the stage presence, and performances!!

i would say i primarily stan BTS -- although i've been listening to kpop for so long, i never got into the fandom culture until i started listening to them in 2015 (somewhat after HYHH pt. 2). aaaand my bias is jimin -- his duality and squeaky laughs just get me.

this is my current list of most listen too (if i include some older groups, like Shinee, this would go on for forever):

some male groups include: Pentagon; NCT (taeyong); Seventeen (woozi); iKon; TXT (yeonjun); Astro (eunwoo)

some female groups include: Blackpink (i can't pick a bias); RV (wendy -- she's so funny and her vocals UGH); Gfriend (sinb -- her duality is insane); TWICE (dahyun); Weki-Meki (yoojung -- loved her since ioi); ITZY (yuna); Mamamoo (solar)

soloists: IU (my fave); Lee-hi; Hyuna; Somi; Jay Park; John Park

duos: AKMU; bolbbalgan4; Khan (minju -- i loved the ark!)

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@peachy-eyes YESSSS love wendy, love reve as a whole! itzy's vibe is also just...... 😍 so much fun <333 love iu, am trying to get more into both her and lee-hi as well!

do you like sunmi/chungha as soloists at all? those are the only other 2 i can think of off the top of my head!

• @ayzrules OH SHOOT! I forgot about them! LOLOL I really really like chungha a lot -- sunmi is legendary, but I've only gotten into some of her songs

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@peachy-eyes yeah i'm basically in the same boat! I don't think i like every song that they put out as a matter of personal preference, but i love them both as artists ahahha

• @ayzrules agreed, and i think it's okay to not like every single song or album released

• πŸ’‹FLAWLESS FASHIONπŸ’‹

I've been a kpop fan for ~8 years now. The first group I got into was EXO (and the first kpop MV I ever saw was Wolf, so that was a crazy experience). Since then, I've had various phases where I've gotten into the following groups: EXO, BTS, IKON, Pentagon, MONSTAX, Got7, NCT, Seventeen, Ateez, and finally Stray Kids (who are my ult. fav).

Clearly I'm more of a boy group person but I definitely enjoy many girl group songs! I just don't tend to follow them very closely. Some of my fav girl groups include Red Velvet, (G)I-DLE, Blackpink, CLC, Mamamoo, and Everglow. I'm with @ayz-rules about Twice's songs; I followed them in their predebut shows but I don't really vibe with their music.

And I totally agree with @peachy-eyes, I almost never like all the songs from a group (the exception being Stray Kids).

I've been listening to 100 Ways by Jackson, Oh My God by (G)I-DLE, and Slump by Stray Kids on repeat lately!

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@tiramisu the first kpop song I ever listened to was actually Exo's Overdose! I'm not a huge stan but old school EXO def. has some bangers (recently discovered "Mama" and I am OBSESSED)

Did you see that Kris Wu, Lay, & Luhan (i think that's who it is?) were going to be on one of the Chinese idol producer-esque shows??? I'm so hype! Kris is also on Rap of china as a judge/mentor & I'm obsessed with that show as well lol

Lay's also on this other Chinese singing survival show (CZR 2) and I love seeing the stuff he's putting out!

Oh my god by g idle is so good..............i literally just watch the MV on repeat sometimes..........ahhhh!

[Also just in general - Blackpink + Lady Gaga???? & all the big 3 girl groups having comebacks in June???? i'm HYPE!]

@ayzrules Ooh Mama is a good one. Although the English lyrics (most of them make no sense to me?) are a little jarring lol. The beat is so good that I can get past it though. When Growl came out I definitely watched that MV at least 100 times it's still SO GOOD.

Wait all 3 of them?? I did not hear this. I did see that Lay was on Idol Producer though! And I watched a bunch of clips of Lisa and The8 (I love him omg) on Idol Producer as well.

wait Blackpink + Lady Gaga?? I know nothing about this.

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@tiramisu i haven't looked into the english lyrics too closely yet, but from the snippets I can pick out from the chinese version they seem to make some sort of sense hahaha

growl is also so good ughhhhh !!

I saw something on YT saying that Red Velvet was making an Irene + Seulgi subunit, YG confirmed BP comeback in June, and something about a Twice comeback too! And apparently Blackpink's featuring on a song in Lady Gaga's upcoming album ("Chromatica"), the song's called "Sour Candy" & I think it drops May 29?

@ayzrules Idk, I haven't tried to analyze but "Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous. Heartless, mindless. No one. who care about me?" doesn't make much sense to me lol.

Ooh exciting!!! On the topic of Red Velvet, I was wholeheartedly into Seulgi in the beginning but now Joy is tearing me away. She's goals

Thinking about making a Kpop group on here. I think that would be fun!

Also, does anyone else not talk about Kpop with other people in real life? I never talk about my music tastes in general because people are so unnecessarily judgmental about it??

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@tiramisu oh yeah LOL i had no idea what they were saying at the beginning until just now actually πŸ˜…

& I love all the ReVe members so much <333 they're all so unique & talented!

I'd 100000% join a kpop group, btw! and i don't really talk about it with RL people either - sometimes just the group of ppl that i know are into it from one of my school clubs, but otherwise i never mention it hahaha because yeah ppl get judgmental

• I love kpop yay. My favourite groups are NCT, MAMAMOO and EXO but I love lots more too! My bias' for those groups are jaehyun/mark bc uwu. hwasa and sehun πŸ™‚

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@xo_emie ayyy!!! ❀ do you have any mamamoo & exo b-side recs??? I've seen a few title tracks from both & want to get more into them πŸ˜„

• @ayzrules ooh, i love the songs 'Diamond' and ' What U do' by EXO but no one seems to know those. Tbh the entire 'THE WAR' album I would recommend as I only ever see like 2 of those songs played. For mamamoo, I think ALOT of their songs go unappreciated unfortunately. https://youtu.be/g1r70EYitiE i'd recommend checking out this video and seeing what you like from those πŸ™‚ !! hope you enjoy ❀

• Polyfam

I'm the biggest multi fandom!!!

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.