Collection and Set Creation Frustration

• Twisted Gypsies

ORANGE you frustrated?(https://urstyle.com/styles/1881770)

Don’t get me wrong. I love UrStyle. I simply do not love how frustrating it is to make sets, and I dislike the Comment System.

Firstly, as I said in a forum post, after publishing a set, when someone comments, I am not notified in my Feed. I don’t have the time or desire to go back and look at each set of mine, each day, to see if anyone commented so that I can reply. Replying is useless right now anyway, because the person who left the comment is not notified in their Feed. Plus, who goes back to a set they left a comment on looking to see if the set creator responded? There needs to be an interactive tagging system so that we’re notified, in our activity feed, when someone comments on our sets.

Secondly, making sets takes far too long than it should – at least for me. I have a variety of Collections arranged by type of set. For instance, if I am making a doll set, I will use my various doll-themed collections. When I go through my collections in the Set Creation Window, I have to click an arrow to get to the collection I want to use. Click click click. A scrolling system would speed that up. But even without a scrolling system, the real frustration lies in the collection format. When I exit one collection by clicking back, instead of being taken back to where I was, I’m back at the “top” of my collections. Click, click, click.

If we had the ability to rearrange our collections through a simple drag-and-drop feature, I could easily move the doll collections to the top of the list/page and work on a doll set with greater ease and speed. Then, when I feel like doing a home set, I can just move all my home collections to the top. Even if UrStyle enabled it so we’d be back outside of the collection we just left, instead of rolled back to the top of our collections list, this would be an improvement. After a few rounds of this, I get frustrated and I leave. It takes me MUCH longer to create a set on UrStyle than it did on Polyvore, and if I’m frustrated about this, then others must be too; which begs the question: What happens when Groups are up and running?

The group we had on Polyvore found that two weeks was sufficient time to create a variety of sets for our group contests and still have time to create sets for other groups we were in and create for our own enjoyment. I am not able to be on UrStyle as often as other users are, so when I am here, I want my experience to be a quality and efficient one.

I realize UrStyle is not trying to reproduce Polyvore, but to do it better. All the development I’ve seen so far has been outstanding and MUCH appreciated. Can ya please attend to the above issues. Ask around. Users want them, and you want Users. Even a word (announcement) from the UrStyle Team to let us know what you're working on, or intend to, as far as these frustrating features go, would be enough to ease my frustration a bit and wait for the changes.

Thank you!

• Magazine Look

Hi dear @FunkyJunkyGypsy 🙂 Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

Please copy your suggestions to this thread created by URSTYLE admin: https://urstyle.com/topic/447258/place-for-suggestions ⬅

Admins prefer to have their suggestions in one place because it's easier to view them there rather than to "hunt" for suggestions on the forum 😊 Hope you understand.

P.S. That thread ("PLACE FOR SUGGESTIONS") is pinned to the top of the HELP section for easy access. 💝

Have a great day!

Anita | URSTYLE Community manager

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.