Help, urgent: set won't publish.

• Is URstyle down? Just seems very slow and I've just created a set, want to publish it after filling in the name, but circle keeps spinning round and I don't get a message: success.
    What now? I'm just leaving the create page open until it's gone through.

• Magazine Look

The site is currently a little slow, but I think that it's temporary ๐Ÿ™‚ Please leave the Creator page open while your set is saving ๐Ÿ’

• Thank you for your reply, but it's been more than an hour and I cannot leave the page open any longer. This is the page currently waiting to turn over: https://urstyle.com/create

• Well, it finally went through! I had to be so patient. Don't think I'll do another one today. Thanks for your help.

• @vn1ta I left my set open for 3 hours and it never published. I recreated the set and neither time did it publish or was I able to save the draft. It was a home set. When I created a fashion set it published right away. It appears when the set has more items in it, those are the ones that don't publish. ???

• CureKtity's TGIF Friends

@arjanadesign I am having the same problems too. I was unable to make any sets yesterday except one and that set some of the items are missing. I just tried again now and it will not save.

• @curekitty I woke up early, did a home set and it saved in 1 minute. I tried doing a second set and now my items won't show up and it's just "spinning" I had high hopes for this three day weekend of creating. ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm sure the site will be stable eventually. I realize these things take time. It's all new and the bugs need to be worked out. I'm grateful to have this site so I guess today I will do housework that I've been putting off. LOL!

• Magazine Look

@arjanadesign It is possible that the "heavier" set is, the harder it is to publish it. I remember having a problem and admins told me that it was due to extensive amount of cropping ๐Ÿค”

• This & That

Yes, @curekitty @arjanadesign and @vn1ta , I have got the same experiences. When I save or publish (saving is more problematic) sets that contain not much cropping or layings (in my case these are my fashion sets containing only fashion /or also beauty/ products as they are, without backgrounds and embellishments), I have usually no problems and they are saved/published very quickly. But when I create more complex sets (mostly art sets), they sometimes can't be even saved and I lose them. Recently I have decided to save not the complete sets, only partly created ones and save them incomplete and complete them later. I believe the problems are caused by using to much memory of the program or my computer, who knows. Maybe this will improve one day.

• Magazine Look

@giovanina-001 This will certainly improve, I believe in Urstyle team ๐Ÿ™‚ However, it seems to be a complex issue, so they need more time. In any case, you should be offered a backup set when the site is unable to publish your work. Make sure to accept the backup copy and save it to your device. Then you can ask Urstyle team via [email protected] to upload it on your profile ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, saving drafts from time to time and taking screenshots help a lot, so we can rely on that until the issue is completely resolved. ๐Ÿ’

P.S. I've published a set ~1h ago and I didn't have any problems: https://urstyle.com/styles/1820067 - most of the items were cropped in some way ๐Ÿค”

• Magazine Look

@giovanina-001 Oh, one more thing - backup copies are offered since very recent update (AUG 28), so it would be good to clear your cache in order for the changes to take effect on your account ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ’

• Magazine Look

I was wondering about that too, I tried to post my last set this morning and I couldnยดt (not even saving it as a draft) I thought it was because I went little nuts with items and cropping (over 70 items and most of them cropped), I feared there was a new maximum item cap or something (Polyvore had 50 max). So I just took and uploaded a screenshot of that set and put everything I used underneath the main picture without cropping those items, after that it went through without a hiccup.

@arjanadesign Oh I know I wanted to make a lot of sets too because I have been busy all summer and I had this weekend opened and not much planned. Labor Day Weekend I usually just stay at home and relax. However, on Saturday & Sunday I could not save my sets properly at all. I agree, it will take time to get this all right and the more aware @URSTYLE is aware of our issues, the better they will be able to help resolve the problems. I think it is always a good idea for Users to write down their observations and try to provide steps on what they did before the issues happened to help the developers identify the problem. I workfor a software company and we encourage our customer to give us as much information as possible so that we are able to find the problems and fix it. I hope you were able to make some sets today. I was able to get one done about 20 minutes ago. Have a great week!
    Take Care,
    Diana

@giovanina-001 Hello Giovanina! Yes I agree, the more complex the design, the amount of cropping that is done, the number of items added to a set and so on greatly affect how a set saves. The set I was trying to make yesterday had a fair amount of cropping done and I am sure that is part of the issue! As you and @vn1ta stated, this is a complex issue. I work for a Software Company and we added the ability for our customers to add images to their medical records. The patients can add some detail to their images like text, crop the pictures and so on and similar issues happened. It had to do with the browsers that were being used and how the images were edited in the code that made them not save correctly, I am not sure of the details of why it happened, it was quite complex . We eventually fixed the issue but it took quite a bit of work. I believe it might be the same for @URSTYLE so I think reporting the issue and giving the developers at Urstyle as much info as possible will help resolve this issue in the future. I still have issues when I partially make sets and complete them later as I work on them at work during lunch and them come home to finish them up. They are ok when I save them as drafts but they can get messed up when I try to publish them. Your idea of the memory issue could play a role in this particular issue/bug. Memory leaks or running out of memory can cause problems like this. Of how I love software development. There is so much happening in the code and one little mistake or complex issue can cause so many problems!

I actually made a set tonight and it saved OK but the set does not have a lot of items and I only cropped 2 items.

Take Care Dear!
    Diana XOXO โค๏ธ๏ธโค๏ธ๏ธโค๏ธ๏ธ

@petri5 Yes I add a lot of items and crop a lot too in my sets. I am can see it being a problem when saving drafts and publishing sets. I always did lot of editing in my sets when I was using Polyvore. Took me hours to make a set! My sets were filled with so much detail and I just love to do that the most! That is a good idea to save a screenshot of the set so that if it happens again, at least I have a guide to recreate the set later on! Thanks for suggesting that! Very glad your set saved with no issues too!

Take Care,
    Diana

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.