RP IDEAS - NEED FEEDBACK :)

• MODELS OF COLOR

Hey y'all! I'm so glad a lot of the old polyfriends I've RP-ed with have been able to come back on this site and revitalize their RP obsession, myself included πŸ˜‰

@ahlexandra and I wanted to start a cute lil RP that would be WRITE WHENEVER (so pressure's off since life happens) for invite-only so we can get to know the writers a bit better! So we wanted to get some feedback from a few themes that the group could get into, and maybe suggestions on how to make this RP last like in the old poly days :')

Theme 1:

• Two familes share a mutual babysitter/nanny that 1) committed suicide or 2) died from cancer. The group of very close characters would focus on how the familes deal with the death and continue the interpersonal relationships with one another and the stories would reveal the type of relationship each character had with her.

• If by suicide, the characters would obviously be upset that they couldn't prevent it / had no idea she was going through something, and the stories would go from there.

• If by cancer, the families would mourn, grieve, and the stories would start from the impact of her death, maybe going forward with each story with a memory of the deceased.

• In this theme, we would require a lot of self-generated ideas from the writers in the group!

Theme 2:

• A Romeo + Juliet type of situation. The two families involved would have obvious beef with each other, but a member from each family would become a couple. The family wouldn't necessarily hate each other, but they are not close and will suddenly have to come together because the couple either gets hitched / gets pregnant / or runs away. So the family will have to figure out what's going on with the couple all while trying to understand the other family.

• If the couple disappears, the mods will release new clues about the couples' disappearance.

• If the couple gets hitched or expects a baby, it would require self-generated ideas from the writers!

Theme 3:

• Two families become one through a marriage, aka the parents get married and all the kids are suddenly step siblings, and perhaps the step-siblings had bad blood to begin with! Helpful character info would be provided.

So please, let us know which theme interests you more! Would you, as a writer, like more freedom with your character in what their own storylines are, or would you like the mods to provide info + events? Which structure would you like to move forward with as a roleplay? Either way it goes, we'll be making it as a write-whenever type of group!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and helpful! ⚜ ⚰ β˜” 🌾

• MODELS OF COLOR

@virgotrash Tagging a few I've RP-ed with in the past πŸ˜„
    @spacelava @lecoupdefoudre @mint @ayzrules @sarahstardom @expiredsunshine @Punkette123 @agentdanascully @little-red @lonaxos @bloodystilinski @monkeymanda22 @Followyourbliss @semper-eadem @hyukoh @spoileralxrt @eureka

Also please feel free to comment if you aren't tagged :~)

• alt text

@virgotrash πŸ—£ you're πŸ—£ the πŸ—£ friggin πŸ—£ best πŸ—£ ILYSM ❀

• @virgotrash we’ve never rp’d before but I’d be stoked to see a r&j rp!

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@virgotrash said in RP IDEAS - NEED FEEDBACK πŸ™‚:

So please, let us know which theme interests you more! Would you, as a writer, like more freedom with your character in what their own storylines are, or would you like the mods to provide info + events? Which structure would you like to move forward with as a roleplay? Either way it goes, we'll be making it as a write-whenever type of group

2 and 3 sound interesting! what time period did you have in mind for them?

• you're really making it hard for me to pick between these three, honestly tbh they all sound amazing. i do feel a lot more drawn to the second theme, but i'm down to whatever gets picked in the end because i live for these types of rps.

• @spacelava omg thank you that’s so nice to hear because i thought they would all miss or one would be way better than the others πŸ˜©πŸ’•

• @ayzrules current day! πŸ™‚

• Count me in for all but I think I'm feeling #2 and #3 the most!
    I'm fine with whatever you choose to do characterwise! But I feel like maybe having at least a loose base of information for characters would be good just so there's not constant overlapping (mainly I think in terms of idea 2 and 3 in terms of age and relationship to the couple.) And I am a big fan of the write whenever, no pressure group.

• I love 3 the best I think πŸ™‚
    All seem interesting though

• bell, book & candle

tbh, I like theme 3. ^_^ It actually reminds me a bit of a private RP group I was in on Polyvore that involved sisters who were witches,but I feel like things like that make private groups easier. Already established relationships between the characters, like family or some other kind of close-knit group.

• @virgotrash i personally like all of them though i'm drawn to the third one most. however, i do have one concern: are these story rps or response rps?

• @altered-dreams it would be a story RP with everyone contributing stories to further the character plotlines. thank you for your comment!

• hello to those "watching" this post (i'm lovin' this URS transition yall) :

i'm in the process of developing the group! since we were all really leaning towards ideas 2 & 3, i've gone with a modern day R+J adaptation that ties a little bit of idea 3 into it! there will be romances all around...hehe

@buffykdh i completely agree with you - i'm definitely going with what you and @mint proposed of having some loose information + established relations for all the characters that will be open for auditions

ALSO A LITTLE SURPRISE/sneak peek - THERE WILL BE THREE FAMILIES
    that way there's plenty of choices for auditioning / spots

more to come ! i'm excited ! thank you!
    xx

• @ahlexandra 😩 dang, that sucks, i'm already at my limit when it comes to story rps honestly, as i'm not really a fan. thanks for letting me know, good luck with the group.

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.