FEEDBACK + SUGGESTIONS :)

• MODELS OF COLOR

Aloha UrStylers 😊

I know there's a thread to add suggestions, but I ended up with so many, I thought creating a post would be easier to read. I'll link this post in that thread!

Just wanted to give some feedback and suggestions – I hear this site is very receptive to its users, which is something PV was never good at lol

Having been a part of the PV platform for 8+ years, I feel like I have some perspective on how to keep sites like PV/UrStyle efficient and user-friendly. I’m not trying to make UrStyle a Polyvore 2.0, but PV did have some really neat features. Anyway, these are just my suggestions! Please feel free to add more that you would like to suggest that you don’t see in this post since I’m still trying to figure out UrStyle myself! :~)

Please excuse me if these have already been suggested or are already on their way to being developed 😉

I believe these edits will get more people interested in the site since it will be easier to use, which may be able to spark collaboration between brands and the website! In any case, whether or not these suggestions are implemented, thanks for considering! I think UrStyle has GREAT potential!!!!

**indicates PV did not have this feature

🌱 🌾 🍃

FEEDBACK—
    THINGS I LOVE THAT URSTYLE HAS:
    • Icon & header setup of the profile page: makes it look familiar to other sites (re: twitter, tumblr, facebook, etc.)
    • Custom background has circular path shape
    • Saving draft WITH description hallelujah!
    • Online availability so other users can see if we’re online!
    • Thank God for clipper! It clips IG items too yaaas!!!!
    • Discussion boards! I can see these being very useful, esp for feedback & a great way to communicate to general users or to UrStyle creators

BEFORE I DO SUGGESTIONS: Please visit UrStyle's DONATE post after you read this! If you feel like these suggestions are helpful, please donate what you can and when you can! https://urstyle.com/topic/1633728/donate-button-is-ready-invest-in-ur-future

SUGGESTIONS—
    ORGANIZE ITEMS/LIKES:
    • Create pages instead of infinite scrolling to search for items faster
    • Tag items for better search technique
    • If tagging is available, create a drop-down menu for tags
    • Allow for deleting items that have been clipped by user** (I personally hate seeing duplicates – if I see an item that is already clipped that I /just/ clipped, I would love to delete it and use the other person’s item instead)

CREATING SETS:
    • Create a “center” function to keep sets centered during set-making
    • Make color blocks that can change in size & transparency
    • Allow for items to be dragged into the editor (instead of just clicking it to make it appear)
    • Have a “homepage” of categories to search for items that includes: women, men, home, text, etc., instead of having separate pages for it & using filter to define the search
    • Custom background for items – square: have the entire item selected and have people use the corners to increase/decrease size of square (instead of using mouse to pinpoint where the square will start)
    • Aligning multiple items: right, center, left / top, center, bottom (essential for moodboards and ig templates)
    • Allow to save custom background to use same exact shape for future sets (for all users) and allow for deleting saved custom background by user who created it
    • Don’t put items in the foreground when you click on it to edit the item (sometimes I need to see how it looks like in the back of other items when I'm editing it!)
    • Allow items from other users’ collections that you’ve liked to be available to use in the editor

DESCRIPTIONS:
    • Allow for paragraph spaces
    • Allow for standard text editor uses (italics, bold, underline, etc.)**
    • Allow for emojis on desktop (create a button to input)**
    • Allow to expand description box**
    • Tag users in descriptions! When this was first used in PV, we used it to dedicate sets to our dear friends & followers :`)
    • Allow for links to be inserted in a word/phrase** (would make it look cleaner)
    • Allow for sets to show the date it was published**

NOTIFICATIONS:
    • Allow clicking on usernames in notifications take you to their profiles (this only works if you're on "Show All Notifications" page)
    • Show all notifications (including comments on your sets)

HOME/DASHBOARD:
    • Allow for “Following Only” page so users can focus on sets/clips/collections/etc. made by who they are following**

COLLECTIONS:
    • Give items/sets in collections a small description box** (poly removed this feature)

MISC:
    • Creating templates!!! These are pre-made sets where you add items in designated shapes/areas along with items already in there that can’t be removed and anyone on the site can use the template!
    • GROUPS. Groups were the best way to meet users who were interested in the same things and to create more visibility to our sets. This was a key thing in creating all my 5+ year-long friendships :`) [So basically every user can create & moderate up to 5 groups and can be a co-moderate in any amount of groups. Groups have a description and ability to allow/reject members and sets. It also gave opportunity to create group contests (to stir things up!) after reaching 30 members]
    • Improve search bar in editor. Can’t a girl find a specific Prada coat!!! lol
    • Create an app! Lol I’ll be patient about this one, it took Polyvore years to complete
    • Would be cool to have instant messaging similar to tumblr or fb on here and especially GROUP IM… that would make private RP-ing so fun omfg**

Mahalo nui for reading! Don't forget to donate to these improvements if you can! Look forward to spending more time on this amazing site ^.^

• MODELS OF COLOR

Tagging the Alexes in case you wanted to piggy-back on any of these 😛
    @ahlexandra @little-red

• Great list, especially being able to view collections while you create sets!!

• Magazine Look

Lovely post and good points, dear! 😊 Thank you for taking time to do this! 💖

Also, thank you for encouraging people to donate and help our hardworking team. They will appreciate it, I'm sure. Every donation means a lot to them since they're not a corporation, but a small team of diligent people. 💝

• a "follow back" button in notifications, like Polyvore had; I like to follow everyone back!

• when you're making a set and you click on an item in the items section, it would be nice if it expanded the item rather than adding it to the set (also like Polyvore)

• Magazine Look

@mormon-girl This is great, dear! I agree 🙂 Please make sure to post it in admin's thread too - here's the link: https://urstyle.com/topic/447258/new-features 💖

• @vn1ta Thank you!

• Magazine Look

@mormon-girl You're most welcome, hun! 🙂 It's good to keep these important links bookmarked, so that you can access them at your convenience. 💖

• Twisted Gypsies

Thank you so very much! This will be so helpful! 🙂

• URSTYLE Team

@virgotrash thank you kindly for all the suggestions! These are very valuable for us and certainly will contribute to improvements on our site ♥

• @virgotrash idk if this is a glitch or something they’re working on or what but

• I don’t receive any notifications on my phone when someone comments on a set
    • It doesn’t seem possible to tag people in comments??? Like the usernames don’t come up, and I don’t think they’re links. So I’m sure no one gets the notification.

These might just be mobile problems since I only my phone but just thought I would mention it

• Magazine Look

@lecoupdefoudre It's the same on my latop 😕 I don't think that it's a glitch, it's just the way that site works for now, but I am sure that this will be fixed in near future 😊

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.