UP TO NO GOOD. [ a marauders roleplay. ]

• With Polyvore gone, we sort of have to redefine our structure of roleplaying. I think, in some sense, this could be a fresh start; they often died so quickly. But I also assume that it will not always run super smoothly, as we and the creators of this site try to figure things out. I want this group to be an enjoyable adventure for writing and creating sets based on our interacting characters. I'm going to try and guide this as best as I can while still being open to how roleplaying on here might be different than my previous experiences. Ultimately, I just want it to be fun! Please read what is provided, esp the how-to guide, since this is likely new for all of us. And...you know, go easy on me, as I'm still navigating what might be best as well.

˙·٠⋆ ϟ ⋆٠·˙

UP TO NO GOOD. (utng.)

In the tangled streets of London, it is not just rock and roll bringing chaos. A darkness unlike anything the magical world has seen in centuries is taking hold. It started so innocently. Squibs and other minorities took to the streets, marching for their rights and demanding a voice. Then pureblood elitism roared its nasty head, with old families feeling like their very existence was threatened. Disgust and animosity turned to violent rioting. The peaceful society ripped itself to shreds.

Now, tensions between the sides is at a cataclysmic high. No one can be neutral anymore. It’s us, or it’s them.

The Dark Lord and his army of Death Eaters have taken the Ministry of Magic hostage. What began as openly carrying out attacks on Muggles for sport has spiraled into targeting Muggle-born and Blood Traitor witches and wizards as well — torturing and sometimes killing their victims. Now that they occupy strategic positions within the Ministry of Magic itself, they use blackmail and the Imperius Curse to expand their influence and further destabilize the government, which is desperately trying to keep order and continue to maintain secrecy from the Muggle world.

To protect his movement, Voldemort ensures that Death Eaters do not know the identities of too many of their fellows, and, to society at large, their identities are completely unknown. Increasing the confusion and paranoia even further, they often place innocent victims under the Imperius Curse and force them to carry out their dirty work.

Closest friends and family members are not above suspicion of one another.

No one is safe.

No one can be trusted.

But for some, it is easier to pretend.

The year is 1976, and the air is stirring softly with the promise of summer. The students of Hogwarts — largely protected from the current events in their enchanted castle — are shaking off their robes for a few months of perceived freedom. If only they knew how dangerous the real world was becoming. There are many eager to join the fighting on one side or another, but they’re still just kids. They don’t know any better. They don’t know how dark the world can be.

Yet they solemnly swear, with bright and eager eyes, that they are ready to face what is ahead.

Good or not, they are certainly up to something.

˙·٠⋆ ϟ ⋆٠·˙

HOW-TO ROLEPLAY GUIDE: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/how-to

GRYFFINDOR CHARACTERS: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/gryff
    SLYTHERIN CHARACTERS: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/slyth
    HUFFLEPUFF CHARACTERS: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/huff
    RAVENCLAW CHARACTERS: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/raven

AUDITIONING: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/audition
    EXAMPLE AUDITION: forum thread post #33

PLACES: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/places

NON-PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/npcs

EVENTS: urstyle-marauders.tumblr.com/events

˙·٠⋆ ϟ ⋆٠·˙

TAGLIST

@lecoupdefoudre @bboles3984 @grace-note @buffykdh @talismanic @expiredsunshine @followyourbliss @bloodystilinski @monkeymanda22 @punkette123 @agentdanascully @lonaxos @filthysoul

• hell yeah!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!
  • The PACT a roleplay!

• This post is deleted!

• I FINISHED ALL OF THE CHARACTERS!!!! Audition away 🙂 Please also read the how-to guide!! You are supposed to fill out the format as a thread on here so it has enters. If you want to do something like a google doc or post it on another website, that's fine too. But please not just the set description because the lack of enters makes it impossible to understand 😞

• Lorraine d'Eath Character Audition :

alt text

ϟ LORRAINE d'EATH

"Better to be strong than pretty and useless."

Nicknames : Raine

House : Ravenclaw well she was before she graduated

Birthday : April 22, 1958

Birthplace : Northampton, England

Blood : Half-blood

Sexuality : Pansexual

Model : Raven Lyn

Wand : Made out of Acacia wood with phoenix feathers.

Patronus : Boodhound

Amortentia : Smell of lavender

Boggart : Her mothers’ killer.

Skills/Strengths :

• her ability to walk into any situation with her head held high
    • singing
    • playing bass..still kind of new to it but hey she has the summer to practice and get better!
    • Defense against the dark arts the class was aced and of course, her half vamp body makes it almost impossible for her opponents to slip past her...almost
    • being prepared for any and all situations yes she does carry around a first aid kit..you never know when it will be handy

Flaws/Weaknesses :

• blood..duh
    • her pride it gets her in a lot of trouble
    • she's probably the most stubborn person you will ever meet literally everything is an argument with her
    • her parents' death..not much can get to her but this is a super tough memory for her
    • puppy videos you'd have to be a statue not to tear up at those

Personality : Lorraine is a bit of a loner. Her unusual circumstance makes her stand out among her mostly pure-blooded peers. Being a witch and Vampire is almost unheard of. Lorraine isn’t the friendly type. In fact she’s the sits alone in a crowded room type. It’s rare her peers see her outside of school except for her ever growing shows with her band.

Bio : Lorraine d'Eath grew up with her mothers...yes mothers. She has 2 mothers obviously. Gretchen and Jennifer d'Eath raised Raine in a safe and loving environment. Lorraine is a half-blood. She's not your average half-blood though. She's half vamire not muggle thank god. For any of you wondering how such a weird circumstance came to be her mothers desperately wanted a baby. They obviously couldn't have any on their own so they decided to enlist in the help of a donor. They knew Gretchen's best friend, Louis would be perfect and reliable. So they asked him and of course he would do anything for them. From a young age, Raine knew she was loved and special. She was also taught about how she was made and how she was a vampire. Her mothers never wanted to hide Louis from her. Louis was constantly in her life, teaching her everything she needed to know about being half vampire. She’s always wanted to be a singer. Her parents encouraged young Raine to sing her heart out and let the world listen, no matter her blood. At the age of 12 her parents were both killed violently in front of her, luckily before she could even be seen Louis helped her escape. He enrolled in Hogwarts in hopes of keeping her safe. She’s never gotten over the deaths of her parents and frequently wakes up with nightmares about her mothers’ killer and the night it happened. She tries to block out the depression and sadness but it never really works. Good thing she has her music though. She writes her own music and pours all the emotions she tries to hold back into the lyrics.

Top Three :

• Lorraine d’Eath
    • Kiarra Shacklebolt
    • Narcissa Black

☆ LORRAINE d’EATH HEAD CANONS ☆

☆ Much to many people’s surprise, Raine actually liked learning in school. It was a way to keep her head focused on life.

☆ Spent many days at local bookstores adding to her own personal library.

☆ Better to be prepared than blindsided. That’s her motto.

☆ She loves that she’s a Vampire. She doesn’t get why it’s so weird of a concept for people to understand.

☆ Her bloodlust is extremely powerful. Sometimes it can take over her conscience if she goes too long without it. When that happens, she becomes powerful and will do anything to get blood. She is blindsided by the lust, she doesn’t even recognize anyone she knows personally.

☆ Being a vampire isn’t the only thing that makes her ‘unique’. She is very open about her sexuality and being apart of the LGBT+ community. She was apart of the LGBT+ Alliance when she was at Hogwarts.

☆ Her wand is the most precious thing to her..besides her bass. It’s the last part of her parents that she has left. It was passed down by generation.

☆ Lorraine’s mothers’ killer haunts her every waking moment. It’s the only thing in the world that can bring her to her knees. She trains every day to make sure she’s ready if she ever comes in contact with him.

Her Instagram

alt text

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @lecoupdefoudre all done and edited!

• alt text

Set: https://urstyle.com/styles/1671123
    ϟ Jamie Fleamina Potter
    “I wanna be like most girls”
    Nickname(s) ⋆ Prongs
    House ⋆ Gryffindor
    Year ⋆ 6th
    Age ⋆ 16
    Birthday ⋆ March 27, 1960
    Birthplace ⋆ England; Great Britain
    Blood ⋆ Pureblood
    Gender ⋆ Female
    Sexuality ⋆ Straight/Possibly Bi
    Model ⋆ Marina Nery
    Wand ⋆ 11”, Mahogany, Dragon Heart String
    Patronus ⋆ A Stag
    Amortentia ⋆ Broom Polish; Butterscotch; Lilac; Rain
    Boggart ⋆ She would see a boggart turn into herself with a face full of ache.
    Skills/Strengths ⋆ Transfigurations; Quidditch; Charisma; Charms
    Flaws/Weaknesses ⋆ Potions; Evans; Her Friends; Arrogance
    Personality ⋆ Jamie Potter is the girl that can ensnare the attention of everyone when she walks into the room. She’s the person that tends to fall into piles of shit regularly but still comes out looking like sunshine. She could be called a wild child, always testing limits and never thinking before jumping. Jamie’s extremely clever but still tends to stick her foot in her mouth on a regular basis. Loyalty is a very important part of Jamie’s world and she is extremely loyal to those that she has picked as her tribe. It could be say that her bark and bite are equally as nasty, depending on who the person is and what they have done. She’s always flourished when she’d been the center of attention, something that she craved but is slowly starting to stop looking for ways to get attention. She’s extremely competitive, as seen on the Quidditch pitch, but can be seen in other aspects of her life.
    Biography ⋆ Jamie is the only child of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter; the long wished for child of the older couple. This fact alone meant that Jamie grew up the center of her parents’ world, which is probably while she’s always expected attention from everyone around her. While she was always given everything she wanted, her parents still made sure she knew right from wrong. Of course that didn’t mean that when she tasted freedom at school that she didn’t take the freedom and run with it. The things she got caught doing were bad and worthy of the howlers she received but the things she didn’t get caught for were worse. On her first train ride to the school she met the people that would make up the family she wanted, the siblings she never got to have. Her best friends are the most important people in her life. A lot of people have cracked jokes over the obsession she’s expressed over Evans, going out of her way day after day to get Evans’ attention and affection.
    Top Three ⋆ Jamie Potter; Andromeda Black; Sirius Black

Extra: (just a small write up.)
    Jamie Potter liked pushing boundaries, in fact she enjoyed viewing rules as more like things that she needed to do before she left school. Students were never suppose to leave the campus unless it was Hogsmeade weekends, but Jamie really hated being cramped up. She loved sneaking out and did it whenever she could. Sneaking back in, that tended to be the tricky part of whole thing. It got trickier when she’d been drinking, which she’d been doing that night. There had been a concert that she’d just had to attend and well she’d gone. By the time she’d gotten back to the school it was dark and there weren’t anyone up but a few Prefects doing some patrols. Luckily she was best friends with her house Prefect and she never got caught. Before long she was crawling through the door into the Gryffindor Common Room.

She was drunk and she knew it, however she wasn’t drunk enough that she forgot which staircase would take her to her bed. She knew good and well that she was heading up the stairs to the boys’ dorm. Right before she’d snuck out she’d been struck with the thought that it had been a few months since she’d attempted to woo the love of her life. Linden Evans had swept her off her feet when they were eleven and the sneaky little bugger had been playing hard to get ever since. Jamie had let up on her determination to make Evans see that they were made for each other.

She looked around at the beds and thought she could make out an LE on a truck in front of the third bed on the left. Of course she’d never really spent a lot of time taking in the details the boys’ dorm, but she was pretty positive that it was the right. He spent as much time in the library as she did in broom closets with other guys. Jamie tip toed over and flipped the curtains back and sighed. With a smirk she crawled onto the bed with him, closing the curtains behind her. With a flick of her wand she lit the tip of it, smiled down at the love of her life. She gentle swung her leg over his hips and settled down on top of him. After a few moments of him not waking up with the new weight on him she leaned down and pressed her lips to his. “Wakey, wakey sleeping beauty, I need a drinking buddy.” She pulled the bottle of Irish Whiskey she’d gotten at the concert out of the bag she’d carried with her. And smirked down at him as he woke up.

• @lecoupdefoudre all done

• THE ARCHIVES

Are there still roles open?

• tbf

Ϟ SIRIUS BLACK
    “whatever man, I've got detention with Minnie anyway"

Nickname(s) * Padfoot
    House * Gryffindor
    Year * 6th (?)
    Age * 17

Birthday * 3 November, 1959
    Birthplace * England, Great Britain
    Blood * Pureblood

Gender * Male
    Sexuality * Probably Bi but unaware
    Model * Timothee Chalamet

Wand * 11 3/4 inch Redwood Dragon Heartstring
    Patronus * German Shepherd
    Amortentia * Basil, The Library, Warm Butterbeer
    Boggart * Being a full accepted member of the Black family

Skills/Strengths *
    Flaws/Weaknesses *

Personality *

Biography *

Top Three * Gideon Prewett; Amelia Bones; Marlene McKinnon

Sirius

• Hello lovelies! To be clear, auditions are open to anyone and everyone until...um...sometime haha. Is the 30th of this month a fair date? I don't want to rush, but I also want to get this started 🙂 I'm sorry about my lack of set and activity. I'm living a bit of a silly life right now, and a few days ago I was like "Wow I should spontaneously travel" so that's what I've been doing haha. I'm on my way home now! I'll be more responsive and get my own audition up very soon 🙂 Love what I'm seeing so far! To clarify, the only role that is not open is Remus Lupin because she is mine. Go crazy with everyone else! If you have any questions or want some model help, hit a girl up!

• https://urstyle.com/styles/1674136

ϟ SIRIUS BLACK

"I wasn't listening, so I hope you didn't say anything important."

Nickname(s) ⋆ Pads, Padfoot, S, Black

House ⋆ Gryff

Year ⋆ Sixth

Age ⋆ Seventeen

Birthday ⋆ Nov 3, 1959

Birthplace ⋆ England

Blood ⋆ Pureblood

Gender ⋆ Male

Sexuality ⋆ Bisexual

Model ⋆ Ezra Miller

Wand ⋆ 13 inches, Red Oak, Dragon Core, Unyielding

Patronus ⋆ Black dog

Amortentia ⋆ Black coffee, the ocean, fresh leather, …honey?

Boggart ⋆ Himself at his weakest: unable to protect those he loves, unable to protect himself - every emotion written plainly on his face. Leather jacket gone, only a sweater that doesn’t look much like his usual armor at all.

Skills/Strengths ⋆ Can always get the lighter on the first try (“even though you can just use magic!” - Remus), the RBF, alcohol tolerance of pretty much a god, good enough at most classes without trying (he prefers to do literally anything but schoolwork), knowing just what to say to hurt people if he wants to

Flaws/Weaknesses ⋆ Emotional discussions and coping, his ego, responding politely to things/empathy, planning things in advance, accepting criticism, focusing on boring things.

Personality ⋆ When he’s in the mood, he’s fun - amazing, iconic. Stories you’ll never forget, the kinds of memories you ought to have as a teenager. But he’s moody, and not just in a little way. Sirius’s moods are like tidal waves, and if you catch him when he’s in the wrong mood, he’ll wreck you. He can be the most fun, but he also can be the harshest and most terrifying of the Marauders. He has the strange ability to both fill an entire room on his own and to disappear into a crowd. There’s a good reason most people are scared of him. When he’s in a mood, word spreads pretty fast. But no one would miss out on the chance to see Sirius Black in one of his party moods. Those are legendary.

Biography ⋆ Sirius Black was born to Orion and Walburga, oldest son and heir to the House of Black. They were delighted to have him as an heir until he made it incredibly clear that the House of Black was something he wanted to destroy, not continue. He was sickened by their beliefs and early on began doing whatever he could to go against their beliefs, putting sticking charms on every Gryffindor and muggle decoration he hung in his room. He played his music loudly - muggle music - and ignored what they said. When he was sorted into Gryffindor, it sealed the deal: he was a traitor.

He and Regulus have never had a good relationship. The fact that Sirius has abandoned his position as heir and has forced that mantle on Regulus probably has something to do with it. In typical Sirius fashion, Sirius spent little time associating with his younger brother, who never performed such openly hostile acts against the House of Black.

Sirius loves Hogwarts as much as he hates his home, which probably has much to do with the fact that he has found a group of friends he considers his new family. They have been together for a long time, and they’ve earned themselves quite a reputation at the school. Sirius has always been closest with J, but recently, he’s found himself thinking more and more about Remus...

Top Three ⋆ Sirius, James, Regulus

• https://urstyle.com/styles/16751280_1529799495895_f782f2eb-17e5-4b7b-9f7d-f84709fbe01e_original.png

"Blood is not thicker than water"

FULL NAME ANDROMEDA Francine Black
    Nickname(s) ⋆ Meda (by family only)
    House ⋆ SLYTHERIN
    Occupation ⋆ working as an apprentice for Ollivander shocking her entire family
    Age ⋆ 20
    Birthday ⋆ 1 February, 1956
    Birthplace ⋆ London, England
    Blood ⋆ Pureblood
    Gender ⋆ Female
    Sexuality ⋆ Most likely Bisexual
    Model ⋆ Grace Elizabeth
    Wand ⋆ 11in Cherry wood with unicorn hair core unyielding
    Patronus ⋆ Leopard
    Amortentia ⋆ Lavendar, burning leaves, freshly baked blueberry scones
    Boggart ⋆ being utterly a lone in the world
    Skills/Strengths ⋆ good with her hands, potions and charms, avid reader
    Flaws/Weaknesses ⋆ shy, afraid of conflict, transfiguration,
    Personality ⋆ She is very ambitious and stubborn, but holds her tongue well. She seems to be loyal to her family but there might be another she is more loyal to, She is extremely hard working and smart as a whip. She is shy and soft spoken that is how she gets by with even the littlest defiance.
    Biography ⋆ Andromeda is the second child of the royal pureblood Black Family. Growing up she thought that was cool to be so pure but now she isn’t so sure with the threat so near.
    She has always stayed out of conflict but as a new love blooms with a muggle born in secret, can she really stay quiet for much longer.
    Andromeda took the job with Ollivander for independence. He doesn’t care about her bloodline, he cares about her hard work and dedication to the craft. She has been spending more and more time with her secret significant other and though she wouldn’t call it love yet. They are opening her eyes to a new world that doesn’t revolve around pure bloods.
    Top Three ⋆Molly Prewett Rita Skeeter, XENOPHILIA LOVEGOOD

• THE ARCHIVES

alt text

ϟ MARLENE ROSE MCKINNON

“You don’t have to be manipulative and mean to get people to follow orders"

Nickname(s) ⋆ Lena, Rosie, M&Ms, Marlee (Father Only)

House ⋆ Hufflepuff

Year ⋆ 6th(?) (I remember her being the same year as the marauders)

Age ⋆ 17

Birthday ⋆ May 16, 1960

Birthplace ⋆ Knightsbridge, London, England

Blood ⋆ Half-Blood

Gender ⋆ Cis-Female

Sexuality ⋆ Bisexual

Model ⋆ Karlie Kloss (I know she was blonde in the books and I want to keep her somewhat canon)

Wand ⋆ 13 1/2 inch Pear Wood with a Phoenix Feather

Patronus ⋆ Unicorn (Don’t judge for picking a rare one, my personal patronus is a Dragon)

Amortentia ⋆ Leather, Coffee, Butterbeer …

Boggart ⋆ Her family killed in front of her

Skills/Strengths ⋆ Alchemy, Charms, Quidditch, Kindness, Family

Flaws/Weaknesses ⋆ Anxiety, Self-Care on a back burner, unrequited love, Family

Personality ⋆ Marlene is what one calls sweet as sugar. She’s always nice, even to those who don’t deserve it. Some say that it makes her weak, others that she’s a good actress. While genuinely nice, Marlene is also incredibly intelligent. She’s very well versed in both muggle and magical areas of study as per her parents agreement. She’s a bit of a pushover for her friends but don’t let it fool you, growing up with three older brothers has allowed for Marlene to plant herself firmly and push back. She’s always trying to help other people whether they be her friends or not and she really puts self care on a back burner. She’s a secretly competitive person which only comes to light on the quidditch pitch. She can also be selectively forgetful in the sense that if she is upset about something, she buries it until she’s forced to confront it.

Biography ⋆

Marlene Rose McKinnon is the fourth child and only daughter of Mary and Michael McKinnon. She comes into the world in chaos as she chooses to make her arrival six weeks early and give everyone a big scare. It is the only dramatic moment of Marlene’s life as she will grow up to be a docile and friendly child.

The docile child grows up surrounded by arguments of quidditch fantasy leagues and learning to ride horses. To anyone on the outside looking in the McKinnon family was entirely well balanced in everyday life.

The wizards who knew the McKinnons knew that it was always lively in the house and you could always find little Lena tucked away in the corner with a puzzle or a new book. An adventurous mind hidden away in the back because she was always taking care of everyone else.

Marlene learned to adapt very early on in life. Most of the time she was surrounded by boys and she grew up learning to like sports. Other times she was around her father’s work friends and was very good at pretending to be a muggle.

Still, getting her Hogwarts Letter was one of the most exciting moments in her entire life. Her older brother Matthew had finished the year before and she would be able to go into school as a fresh start.

Top Three ⋆

00 Marlene McKinnon

01 Narcissa Black

02 Andromeda Black

03 Lily Evans!

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.