Mythology Contest (Concluded)

• @olivochka I chose Eris too! But my set is a modern take on her. I've decided to make her as a bad girl who causes a lot of trouble all around herself.

• Sense of Style

@isabella-mertens I like your take on this theme, it makes sense)

• I was inspired by the myth of Daphne, which was transformed into a tree to escape the advances of Apollo. I voted for the Nereids
    0_1527527405997_d2e5aee3-4f38-4566-963a-d59f0e6b6c7b_original.png

• Deutschprachige Gruppe

Mine is based from Roman Mythology.
    Juno was the Roman goddess who protected the nation as a whole but also kept special watch over all aspects of women's lives. She is often thought of as the Roman version of the Greek goddess of love and marriage, Hera. Juno was the wife and sister of Jupiter, the chief Roman god, and the two of them were worshipped along with the goddess Minerva on the Quirinal in Rome.
    The Month of June was named after her.

0_1527536655847_edba9c35-3112-45a9-ae67-16e49acd0cf3-image.png
    https://urstyle.com/styles/1619214

• NANOWRIMO 📝

This set is based off of the Inca nature "goddess" (I say "goddess" w the quotes because they were more about "spirits" or "earth-beings" than deities, but goddess is a more concise term lol), Pachamama. Pachamama translates roughly to "Mother Earth" or "World Mother". She is the Incan fertility goddess who presides over planting/harvesting. In pre-Hispanic culture Pachamama was viewed as a cruel goddess eager to collect her sacrifices, but nowadays she's more of a benelovent/giving figure, so many people in South America believe that problems arise when people take too much from nature because they are taking too much from Pachamama. She remains an important icon in indigenous andean cultures today

in summary: i am a dorky tree-hugger who also happens to love latin american history and my environmental histories of latin america course i took during my first semester made me fall in love w this gal

alt text
    https://urstyle.com/styles/1619223

bonus because i love this too much not to share (sorry for spamming yall LMAO)
    alt text

(text reads "Pachamama...do not forgive them, because they know what they do", the site i found it from said it was directed at ppl who have been messing w the environment)

• This set is based off of the Greek goddess Iris. She is the goddess of rainbows and one of the messengers for the gods. I think that in modern times she would always be wearing as many colors as possible and that she would constantly be changing her hair color. Maybe she would be the goddess of the LGBTQ+ community as well. https://urstyle.com/styles/1619465

• This set is based on the red colour which was a symbol of nobility and kings/queens. Moreover, it was the colour of Gods so this could be a representation of Aphrodite, the ancient Greek goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation.

Good luck to everyone ❤ ❤

alt text

• This is another set based on Greek Mythology and it is the female version of the ancient Greek god Hermes.
    Hermes was one of the 12 Olympian Gods and was god of trade, thieves, travelers, sports, athletes, and border crossings, guide to the Underworld. As the god of boundaries and transitions, Hermes was known to be quick and cunning and had the ability to freely move between the mortal and divine worlds. It is this skill that made him a luck-bringing messenger to the gods and intercessor between mortals and the divine. Hermes was considered a “trickster” due to his cunning and clever personality.

(I am super-excited about this contest! Superb theme ❤ )

alt text

• One more day to send in submissions!!

• Alright so I think I might do this style of voting again it was super fun

So you guys picked the 3 winning sets

Coming in 1st with 6 votes is @Olivochka

alt text

Coming in 2nd with 5 votes is me (whaaaat ily )

alt text

Coming in third with 4 votes is @sonia-10

alt text

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.