Let's Talk About Set Styles!

• Fashion, Fashion, Fashion

@mahvelus-24-7 Thank you! I am happy that I did my fellow Poly-veterans justice! 😎

@zenzalei I am glad this inspired you to keep creating! I will say that it is still a magazine set even if you don't include any images (the primary difference between magazine and organized is the cutting of the products to make borders vs. whole products). Here's an example of one that I made without any images, I would still consider it a magazine set.

Anyways, I am excited to see what you create! I bet it will be amazing ❤

@shelley-harcar Thanks! 💓

• Excellent in all aspects!!! Thanks so very much for your efforts in compiling this guide for EVERYONE to benefit from!! 👏 😄 🎉

@maisondeforgeron I agree! Since there are a lot of contests with the same terms but different restrictions, I always find it helpful to either do an example set post or clarify in the contest description what is and is not allowed!

Also, I agree with you on the fact that the first two are both magazine! I do my beauty sets in the magazine style because that is just how I have always done them. It was hard doing this post since some types of sets are more categories (beauty, art, fashion, home) versus styles (magazine, organized, doll) that can be adapted to different categories depending on what products you use.

When I also joined URSTYLE, I was so surprised that the set style that was popular was more magazine especially since I was so well known for doing organized on Polyvore. It was my bread and butter, but I also could do magazine. Now it's almost the other way around! It was the first major difference I noticed between the platforms 😅

@pvjewelry Awesome! So glad you liked it and learned something new! 😊

@sharee64 That's so interesting! I definitely agree that they can be difficult, but I think once I got in the groove it really clicked for me. I agree 100% that each style has its own challenges (for me, art sets were always a challenge and I only did them on the occasion, the one example I have here is the only art set I have on URSTYLE and it's more abstract than realistic) but the fun is definitely in giving it a try and creating what you want! Thanks for your compliment too, maybe I'll give art sets another attempt! 😊

• Love this!! On Polyvore I definitely made a mix of art sets full of textures and then moved to more fashion sets. So far I have only really played in fashions sets with varying degrees of organizations 😄

@papermarked_hope I totally get that! I was the same way. On Polyvore, I did a lot more abstract layered art sets along with my fashion sets but now I only do fashion and beauty sets (magazine style and organized)

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.