you're dead and outta this world

• ••●••

0_1661518496985_avice_portrait.png

0_1661518447423_bb62c171616b8f488df0d8fc8f9e6bba.png

"𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑏𝑜𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑎𝑏𝑦𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑢𝑛 𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑠 𝑁𝑖𝑚𝑟𝑢𝑑, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑠𝑜; 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑏𝑜𝑡ℎ 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝐵𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑔𝑢𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑜, 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑛 𝐺𝑖𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑜’𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑉𝑒𝑔𝑙𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑒. 𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑠𝑡𝑦𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠; 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦, 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚. "

𝔒𝔲𝔦𝔡𝔞 - 𝔘𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔬 𝔉𝔩𝔞𝔤𝔰

𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐬

••●••

𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 • Avice Vavasour
    𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞{𝐬} • Vissy, wench, Highness, Pretendress of Glencoe, Her Radiant Grace; Princess of the Moon, Donna Fuego, La Vavasour,

𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐠𝐞 • nineteen
    𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐞 • four-hundred-nineteen
    𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 • Spring of 1603
    𝐙𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐜 • ⊙, ☾, ↑ {unknown}

𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 • bisexual
    𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐬 • she/ her

𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 • A village south of London, England
    𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 • A 1930s Apartment Building on the Upper West Side

𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐥 • Sara Grace Wallerstedt

𝐁𝐢𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐲

••●••

▸ angel-faced bohemian, muse, and hedonist
    ▸ loves & pursues beautiful things & new sensations, purely out of boredom
    ▸ obscure origins as a Southwark tavern wench, regularly seen at the Globe, the bearbiting arenas, and any rowdy scene possible in the late 1590s
    ▸ married Lord Vavasour, a favourite at the Royal Court, and has been obscenely wealthy ever since
    ▸ in the 1740s, she led Jacobite uprisings in Scotland for Bonnie Prince Charlie's doomed revolt
    ▸ after that debacle, sailed for the New World, shipwrecked, and spent several years being worshipped by South American natives as a Moon Priestess, while completely high on poisoned sacrifices
    ▸ after being ‘rescued’ by some hoodlum adventurer/ explorer, became embroiled in Mexican war of Independence
    ▸ finally returned to Europe to live it up in Second Empire Paris and party with Pre-Raphaelites in London, spaced out of her mind on East End opium addicts
    ▸ in London, she met Captian Lancelot Bassingborne-Marchmont, a dandy and soldier in the Horse Guards, and she fell in love. however, because the soldiering life of horse racing, gambling, flirting, and genereal derring-do was Lance's joy in life, Vissy hesitated to turn him {thinking about someone not herself for perhaps the first and only time in her, uh, life}
    ▸ when Lance's regiment went to Egypt in 1885 to aid General Godon in Khartoum, Vissy was convinced she'd lost him {a desert is no place for even the most daring vampire, after all} ~ and sure enough, the disastrous battle of Abu Klea almost did for him. she found him dying away in a Cairo hospital, and that was that.
    ▸ they lived in Cairo for a while, until WW1 made things somewhat uncomfortable, then travelled around Europe {so many civil wars, they lived like royalty}, and finally headed for the US before things got uncomfortable

▸ nowadays, Vissy and Lance are happily settled in NYC. the vampire community provides acceptable levels of entertainment, and Lance has made a name at the Circuit as a master racer {often competing with the mysterious Nero}
    ▸ even though they have an open marriage, and Lance especially enjoys his flirtations, they are devoted to each other, and absoultely whatthe kids call 'solid'. that is, until recently...
    ▸ ...because Vissy's centuries-long tranquility is being troubled, for only the second time in her life. and it's all Chris' fault.
    ▸ Chris, their familiar of two years, has become an absolute necessity; he's organised, even-tempered, sensible, and he knows how the modern world works. {he also knows where to get high end humans who take funky new drugs.} but something'ss going on with this guy. is Lance into him, more than usual? is Vissy jealous, or is it something else entirely? should they keep him, or...?

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬

••●••

𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭 • hedonism

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 & 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐦𝐬 • imperious, graceful. pouts a lot. usually serene but has quite a temper. self-assured, self-centered. discerning, even arrogant. irreverent, mildly curious. blissfully unattached to anything but her closest companions. independent, spontaneous, even flighty. can be generous if she wants to. regal, dainty, avaricious.

𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞 • {𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤} sort of eclectic Goth Bohemian. always up for her black velvets and laces {anything costly and comfy and dainty, yes}, but also absolutely loves a good tartan. big fan of Viv Westwood. likes a nice blood red, military style jackets, and heavy floral perfumes.

𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 • Lance {his pretty face, hsi strong arms his booming voice, when he scoops her up, when he kneels at her feet, when he says 'what's all this, then', or calls her 'my darling', his stout heart, his appetite... ... ... }. pretty things, curiosities, new sensations {humans are quite interesting, in this regard, and thankfully Chris is versed in the human avant-garde scenes.} extravagance, decadence, being entertained {this includes anything from bare knuckle fighting, films, travel, delicatessen, and high fashion, to orgies, blood sports, and experimental drugs}. being respected, being doted on, being revered, being worshipped {mostly by Lance}. also being high as hell.
    𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 • boredom, ennui, repetition. minimalism. slights, gossip she's not in on, missing out on fun, when Lance spends too much time at the Circuit, when Lance looks at Chris in that hungry way, when mopes about missing his horses, or his fighting days.

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞{𝐬} 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 • her comfy apartment, Third Circle, the Quiet Market, or waiting for/ cheering on Lance at the Circuit, hip night clubs, after parties for fashion events, movie premieres, and all that glitzy nonsense, hipster art galleries, concerts, and anywhere else new sensations may be found
    𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠{𝐬} 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 • Lance, her vampire friends {mostly Spela, Miliza, and Nepheti}, and, well, probably Chris...?

𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧{𝐬} 𝐨𝐟 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞 • Lance, of course. a couple of Rossetti paintings {for which she modelled, even though everyone thinks it was Chrsitina}, a collection of Westwood handbags and shoes, some gold bangles from her time as Moon Princess... {otherwise, Vissy doesn't really keep track of her things. once the novelty's worn off, she's likely to forget about them}

𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

(𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬)
    ••●••

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞 • A certain blond lady named Eve

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠{𝐬} • Captain Lancelot Bassingborne-Marchmont (1885), Hamish Killigrew (1742), Philippe Delaroche (1856), Aabha, Ix'chel, Chaac, and Eztli (during her Moon Goddess time, not that she remembers)
    𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫{𝐬} • {"really, is one to remember them all? what a bore."} Christopher Bassa (2019-current), Emilio Estrada (some time in the 1890s), Jacqueline Durant (1957, was it?), Verity Fynch (sometime in the 60s or 70s, it's all such a blur), Philippe Delaroche (1850s, probably), Vince Dalfino (1980s, the one before Chris, he's retired now), ...

𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞{𝐬} • Lancelot Bassingborne-Marchmont

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 • no, thank you

𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 •

𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐬

••●••

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 • The Cure // Blues Sacareno // Moi Dix Mois // Saint Mesa // New Order // Placebo // Sisters of Mercy // Dead Can Dance // Depeche Mode // Souxie & the Banshees // Joy Division // White Lies
    𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 •
    𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 •
    𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬 •

╰──╮ 𝕭𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉. ╭──╯

395 3 3 Share

Comments (2)

• WELL NOW VAMPY

here's an incredibly charming hedonist of the night i can sink my teeth into !!;3 i know for an absolute fact that spels would be fast friends with avice (PLEASE CAN THEY SO OFTEN BE MISTAKEN FOR TWINS/SISTERS or ELSE EACH OTHER simply and laughably for the fact of being short gingers ???) i foresee a good deal of mischief . . .

ALSO i am ready ready to learn and figure out what the dynamic you've got going between her lancelot (love the name btw) and their familiar . . . >.>

{and, not that anyone outside of sang and spore know about spela being a circuit racer, but i'm sure once she comes up against lance in a race she'll be all "lancey-pants on the circuit, eh ? keep your pretty head on your shoulders best you can." etc etc.}

{side note: i don't know if you remember (probably not because i barely did lol) but the bloodmother's second name was vavassour too !! love the idea so much of keeping the surname in the vampiric rp circle- it's like a secret connection/nod to (btr);~;<3333 anyway.}

• @fleetingfanfan
    OMGGGG I am so RELIEVED and EXCITED that you like her!!! at some poitn I was like 'wait is this character just Spela in a hat??'' :'D BUT GAWD YES i'd LOVE it if they'd get mixed up and maybe even switch roles sometimes to annoy people! that sounds HILARIOUS 😄

also YAY that you like Lance! I though, what's the most Victorian dandy name I can think of...? and I hope things will get weird and confusing (for them), haha 😉

{I hope Spela teases him and mocks him and plays little games with him as she leaves him in the dust!! I love it!!}

{oh that IS such a cool idea! I honestly didn't think of that when I named her, I just nicked the name from Ouida's novels, but that's so fun!! our own Vampre Roleplay Universe! :'D }

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.