📢 ENTER.view with KIM KNOLL

• 0_1623669264618_KIM KNOLL FLIP THIS ARTIST.gif

0_1623886436532_trust-kisha-designs-eclectic-luxe-flip-this-artist-kim-knoll-luxury-living-work-from-home 1.png

DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ARTIST

What is your name or art handle name [why]?
    @kimknoll

0_1623673155078_kimknoll.jpg
    On average, how long does a typical project take? What type of project is it?
    A painting can take anywhere from 4 days to 3 weeks to complete.

0_1623673032556_11.png
    Who has been your HERO ARTist or mentor in your art path?
    There are a lot of artists I look up to but no one who mentors me. A few artists whose work I admire are Beñat Olaberria, Ewa Matyja, Monica Perez, and Michael McGuire

If you had to take only 3 art utensils on an international trip for 2 weeks what would you take and why?
    1 Paintbrush, 1 squeegee and painters tape because I need all three to make paintings.

0_1623672630728_2.png

What is your favorite medium of art?
    Paintings on paper

0_1623672790463_1.png
    | | ONE WORD FLIP | what one word comes to mind when you see, hear or read these words: 1. Abstract 2.surrealism 3.powerful 4.Frida 5.inspired
    Expression

Has art always been your passion...when did you notice it and what sparks your creative juices?
    It’s been my passion since as early as I can remember. I remember watching cartoons as a kid and drawing the characters on paper, stapling the papers together, and making my own coloring books. I’m constantly inspired by visuals and thoughts and that alone is enough to spark my creativity.

0_1623672827234_6.png

If you got paid 3 million dollars for a commission job to create for a museum display of your work...What would your process of creating be? How long would it take you to present your final work? What would you create to be seen by the world in a museum?
    I have no idea how to answer this since the process would depend on the scope/size that is required for the project. I’d also need to think for a good month on what I would create.

What's the biggest compliment you have taken to heart and cherished? When the artist Beñat Olaberria who I admire told me he genuinely likes my work. It meant a lot coming from him.

What type of mindset does a full-time artist need to have and what does your day look like?
    You have to stay curious and explore new ideas to further your practice, accept that you won’t have a consistent income, and confident that your work will sell. My day to day always varies. Depending on what deadlines I need to meet, I jump around from painting to editing my website to placing orders with my printer to emailing to signing contracts and invoicing to marketing myself on Pinterest and Instagram.

Do you have one tip for other budding artists or even veteran artists, what would it be?
    Just do the work, don’t compare yourself to others, and stay true to your vision.

Do you offer commission work and how can others learn about collaborating with you? What are your contacts?
    I offer commission work to art consultants only at this time since I am trying to build a new body of work.

👀 Take a peek at our her featured FLIP THIS ARTist [GRAB.N.GO n22] challenge that is happening here ➡https://urstyle.fashion/contest/4153-grabngo-22-flip-this-artist-kim-knoll

0_1623672159672_Copy of urstyle contest banner 1044px × 260px –.png

If you have any questions for our featured artist please leave them below and also tell her how you liked her ENTER.view.

Oh and if you want to dive deeper check out Kim on her website https://www.kimknoll.com/about

BE INSPIRED. STAY INSPIRED.

FOLLOW KIM KNOLL
    👀 https://www.kimknoll.com
    👀 Instagram @kimknoll
    👀 Facebook @kimknoll

CONTACT and STAY INSPIRED BY FOLLOWING @flipthisartist on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM

Thank you Kim for your time and for sharing yourself with us. Cheers to the future!

#flipthisartist #kimknoll #abstract #painter #stayinspired #enterview #interview #artistdesignercollab

CHANGE IT UP 2.o
    1431 6 4 Share

Comments (5)
  • Beauty, Fashion and Fun (BFF)

What an amazing ENTERview. Love that she is so passionate about her work. I feel the need to do another room in her honor!

• Thank you very much for the insight, she's so talented, love her work!

• Great enterview! Love to read about the mindset, process and inspiration of other artists. LOVE her work!

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

@sapora @shdw @Fassionista Love that you Kim's Enter.view has inspired you all more and really enjoyed reading more about here. thank you for your support!

• CHANGE IT UP 2.o

Love this enterviews with artists! It's interesting reading about their work and what is driving them to create. I really like Kim's art. I find her abstract paintings very "organic". Thank you both for such a great contest!

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.