Being A Group Admin: Introduction and Typical Responsibilities

• Hey everyone! First of all, happy November! I still can't believe the year is almost over; I mentally am still processing March 😅 Anyways, last week I posted to the community about the possibility of doing a blog post series on different aspects of being a group administrator. This idea has been in the works for a while, originally starting between @artgivesmelife and I, and after hearing your feedback on the community post I have finally decided to start it! This post will be the first of around four posts in the series, and any person who is a group administrator is welcome to private message me to collaborate on it or contribute things that you would like me to mention or about your experience!

That being said, let's get started! For those who are relatively new to my profile, I am currently the group administrator of two groups: Fashion, Fashion, Fashion and Trending Today, both of which I will be talking about today! Over the course of the series, you will get to learn about the ins and outs of both groups (links if you want to join the groups are at the very bottom of this post).

Fashion, Fashion, Fashion is the first group I created on this platform and is a public group for anyone to join. Despite the name, all of the contests are open to all set types so any type of set can be submitted. We commonly host a mix of fashion and other open-ended themes. The group currently has 457 members, and is in the top 15 most populated groups on URSTYLE.

Trending Today is a group I originally created to be an organized set group, however I changed it to be a group that specifically focuses on current fashion runway trends. It is a public group open to everyone, and the themes are all specific researched trends for the fashionistas of URSTYLE to try and style! This group currently has 396 members, and also hosts quick contests that stay true to the originally purpose of the group (dedicated to organized sets).

As a group administrator, I have some typical responsibilities that I do to maintain my groups. These include:

• Creating Contests - I won't go into too much details here since there will be another post about this (and it will be pretty in-depth) but the best part of being in a group is participating in the contests! Creating contests that you think the members will enjoy is THE BIGGEST PART OF BEING A GROUP ADMIN. If you have a group and don't post contests, it is very unlikely that you will get a lot of participation/activity if I'm being honest. This is a great way to show off some creativity!

• Judging Contests - After contests finish, I pick winners for the contest. It's always fun to scroll through the amazing submissions! I try to judge my contests within three-five days max after they end, and if I don't I usually explain why I was late. It's not a big deal if you take a while, but I judge my contests in a timely manner out of consideration for the members for the group 😊

• Posting Updates - As a group admin, I post updates all the time on my group's forum. This includes posts about when new contests are up, announcing the winners of a previous contest, reminders about how many days are left in a contest, updates to the group itself, example sets, and anything else that I feel the general body should know. I also use group posts as a way to communicate with my members, including asking for their opinion on contest themes and getting feedback. I know a lot of other group admin not only post to their own group forums, but also post contest updates to the contest tab in the community tab for more viewers!

• Invite New Members! - I also promote the group and invite new members who I think would enjoy the contests or if I think their sets would be a good fit for the group. I always encourage more people to join as groups are usually very inclusive communities. 😃

All in all, these responsibilities keep my group running smoothly and all members informed and active! As you can see there aren't too many of them, showing how it isn't really hard to be a group admin 😊 Anyone can do it with dedication and enthusiasm! As I previously mentioned, this post is just an introduction to my groups and the typical responsibilities I have as a group admin. I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about what is is like to be an admin! There will be at least two more posts in this series and I am personally excited for the next one! If you would like to find out more about what the series will look like here's the link to the community post ➡ https://urstyle.fashion/topic/2417471/blog-post-series-idea-behind-the-scenes-of-being-a-group-administrator

0_1608490724449_blog post banner 1 (1).png

Have a great Day!
    Mayblooms

Fashion, Fashion, Fashion Group Link: https://urstyle.fashion/groups/fashion-fashion-fashion
    Trending Today Group Link: https://urstyle.fashion/groups/trending-today

Fashion, Fashion, Fashion
    2094 9 2 Share

Comments (8)
  • Lovely & Pretty

I really enjoyed reading this! Looking forward to the next post!

• Art Expression

@mayblooms oops sorry I missed the original post, but I'm up to speed now! Let me know if you need anything 🙂 clapping for this blog! xo Hope

• Fashion, Fashion, Fashion

@africagirls Thank you! I am glad you like it! 😊

@artgivesmelife that's totally fine! I was definitely thinking we could talk about some of the future blog posts ideas, specifically about the dos and don'ts since we originally discussed that one. Let me know and we can talk about it!

• @mayblooms That is quite a bit of responsibility...and you handle it superbly! This information is really good to know. Thank you for all of the fun contests. Whether I place or not, the contests give me inspiration to try different styles and themes. Sometimes I run out of ideas on my own. So keep them coming! Thanks again!

• I've thought about starting a group, so this is helpful. My life is a bit hectic right now so I haven't had as much time on here as I like these days--that happens in the fall--but once I get done with a forthcoming move I will think about starting a group again.

@sheila-l Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying the contests!

@zenzalei That's great! If you are thinking about starting a group, you should continue to follow this blog series! There will be interviews and collabs with other group admin and getting insight from them, and the last post will be a tip guide for people who want to start a group so that would be something to look out for!

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.