'๐‘น๐‘จ๐’๐’๐‘ฐ ๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ป๐’€ ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ

• alt text

เผบ '๐‘น๐‘จ๐’๐’๐‘ฐ ๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ป๐’€ ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ เผป

๐‘บ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ ๐‘จ๐‘บ๐‘บ๐‘ถ๐‘ช๐‘ฐ๐‘จ๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ถ๐‘ต ๐‘ฎ๐‘จ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ

so so excited to start doing lil activities for this group. reminds me of my poly rp days. ๐Ÿ–ค thank you jo for being the best mod! you learn so much about the characters doing lil side projects like this! shoutout to @jupitervi @neusex @ayzrules @eternal @rareamerican @capricornus @eureka for collabing ๐Ÿฅบ

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

BITCHIN' MAGAZINE sits down with MARCELO and MARIA ROSARIO for the SONG ASSOCIATION GAME. better known as GLORIANA, maria has just released her debut album, Money, Power, Glory with the help of her brother. marcelo has been in the studio with some of your favorite artists, from tyler, the creator to lana del rey, in addition to starring in the spanish hit, ELITE.

published online first week of june 2020

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’‚๐’„๐’‰๐’†

MARIA: looking at Marcelo with a silly smile Damn, it's like that 'huh. Right to it. He laughs

MARCELO: they stare at each, grinning You go.

MARIA: No, you. they laugh again, then she jumps in her chair

MARIA: Ooh! What's that one song from Mac, the da-da-dadada-da-da-daโ€ฆ she hums, and Marcelo somehow gets it instantly

MARCELO: You're thinking of Dang!

MARIA: pauses to think, then bursts into nervous giggles Can I sing something inappropriate?

INTERVIEWER: You can say anything.

MARIA: I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s really true, butโ€” blushing, she starts to rap

Dang! - Mac Miller

I just eat pussy, other people need food
    And I ain't used every bone in my body
    Keep on holding on to your trust
    I know you don't want nothin' to do with me
    But just one more time, let's make love
    One more time it ain't much
    Fuck 'em all, let's be us, summer's soft sweetness
    Heartache drunk and hang up
    What a mess I made us, sense, I make none

MARCELO: clapping So good. I love that album.

MARIA: I think Divine Feminine will always be my favorite. But I'm biased, because that's when we were closest to him. Just seeing that album come to life...

INTERVIEWER: I think it's known you two were good friends with Mac, but you didn't meet through Ariana Grande?

MARCELO: I met him in a music studio right after moving to L.A. by chance. I was playing guitar for someone else and we just hit it off. He was the one who encouraged me to take producing seriously, saw the potential.

MARIA: And he didn't just introduce me to Ari, but gave Mar all these huge connections...Ty Dollar $ign, Tyler, [the Creator], who introduced him to [A$AP] Rocky...I miss him. He was so giving, so kind. You don't see it often in this industry. In this city, really.

๐’”๐’‚๐’—๐’†

MARCELO: I immediately think of that song, singing Save your tears for another dayโ€ฆ

Save Your Tears - The Weeknd

MARIA: Oh, god. That album. pauses So good. Keep singing, I love your voice.

MARCELO: laughs I'm good. Maria stares blankly into her lap before she croons the beginning of the song

I saw you dancing in a crowded room / You look so happy when I'm not with you / But then you saw me, caught you by surprise / A single teardrop falling from your eye

MARIA: Marcelo exhales heavily after, causing Maria's serious expression to break as she grins That man always has me crying.

MARCELO: looking into the camera Abel, please. Let's make some magic. Llamarme.

๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’“

MARCELO: Estrellaโ€ฆestrellasโ€ฆ

MARIA: Oh, you know what song I love? No matter how many times I heard it on tour? sings Dijiste que te llevara al cielo sin salir de la habitaciรณn...

MARCELO: So, so sexyโ€ฆYou have to sing the word though.

Latina - VALร‰RIO

Maria clears her throat, giggling, before tackling the pre-chorus

Yo te llevรฉ a las estrellas / Tรบ me dejaste en la luna / ยฟQuieres mรกs, ma'? / ยฟQuieres flama? / Sรณlo llama porque quieres mรกs duro / Ay, quรฉ divina cintura

MARCELO: shaking his head You like all the dirty songs.

MARIA: It's not dirty! looks at the interviewer, smiling The song is basically saying, 'You said I took you to heaven without leaving the bedroom...I took you to the stars, you left me on the moon.' It's about a girl only calling the guy for good sex. laughs into her hands to cover her pink face

MARCELO: Yeah, well you danced really dirty to that song on the MUNDIAL tour. looks into the camera disapprovingly Not that VALร‰RIO's complaining.

๐’Ž๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’„

MARIA: beams and turns to her brother I immediately think of that song you did with Alejandro.

MARCELO: Aw.

MARIA: I can't stop listening to it. He goes away for so long, to film in Spain, and returns with gems like this. she starts to sing the chorus

Es algo mรกgico / Que tiene tu mirada que me hipnotizรณ / Todo comenzรณ algo casual con momentos erรณticos / Ahora el estado de mi corazรณn es crรญtico / Ya no es tan solo su fรญsico

It's something magical in your look that has hypnotized me / It all started as something casual with erotic moments / Now the state of my heart is critical / It's no longer just her figure

Algo Mรกgico - Rauw Alejandro

MARCELO: after watching her with heart eyes I should've given it to you.

MARIA: It's so good. squeezes his hand Proud of you.

MARCELO: looking into the camera Coming soon. GLORIANA remix.

๐’„๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’•๐’†

MARIA: Ooh, is 'creative' okay?

MARCELO: What are you thinking?

Maria starts belting

And I know I can be more creative and come up with poetic lines / But I'm turnt upstairs and I love you is the only thing that's on mind / You get me higher / Higher than I've ever been, babe

Higher - Rihanna

MARCELO: stunned Wow. looks at interviewer Amazing, right?

MARIA: Rih dropped ANTI and then dipped! laughs But I'm obsessed with her lingerie line so it's okay, queen. smiling into camera We'll wait.

INTERVIEWER: I actually wanted to bring up your 2016 VMAs performance with her...

MARIA: I still think that was a dream I had. I couldn't stop crying before and after that experience.

๐’‡๐’Š๐’“๐’†

MARIA: Fuego. I know a song from my childhood.

MARCELO: Let me guess, Camarรณn? he leans back, listening to her sing with a knowing smile

De ti deseo yo to el calor / Pa ti mi cuerpo si lo quieres tu / Fuego en la sangre nos corre a los dos

Como El Agua - Camarรณn de la Isla

MARCELO: pointing at his arm Chills.

MARIA: These lines are so hot. Translates to, let me think... I want all of your warmth / My body is yours if you want / We both have fire running in our blood.

MARCELO: Camarรณn is a very famous Flamenco artist. After school, Maria would perform a lot of his songs in Barcelona's music bars. She wasn't even old enough to be in them and they paid her.

MARIA: I was very obsessed with Camarรณn and he really inspires my singing. I'm even named after his song, Rosa Maria. He really just reminds me of my roots. My favorite line in that song doesn't even translate well - he talks about grinding someone's eyes, because they're green like olives. giggling It's very cultural to Andalucia, southern Spain, crushing olives for the oil. But he uses it romantically.

MARCELO: Music like that is really like nothing else in the world. It's very special to us. Sometimes it feels like Camarรณn raised us.

๐’Ž๐’๐’๐’

MARIA: Oh, there's so many songs. I immediately think of Ari's. [Ariana Grande's Moonlight]

MARCELO: What about your song? Tu Mirรก?

Maria's expression turns very serious before she starts singing her song from the beginning in Spanish: It frightens me when you leave smiling because everyone can see your dimples...

Y del aire cuando pasa, por levantarte el cabello / Y del oro que te viste por amarrarse a tu cuello / Y del cielo y de la luna, que tรบ quieras mirarlos / Hasta del agua que bebes cuando te moja los labios

Pienso En Tu Mirรก - GLORIANA

MARIA: For this part of my song, I was writing things that frighten the narrator about the person they're taking to, or aboutโ€ฆ

MARCELO: The breeze blowing by for lifting your hair, the gold hanging around your neck...the water that wets your lips. Good shit, hermana.

MARIA: But this line in particular, something like, I'm jealous of the sky and the moon because you want to look at them. This lyric is very important because it's one of the first hints that this isn't very romantic. There's something wrong here.

MARCELO: Toxic.

MARIA: slyly Maaaybe. I would say an obsession almost. I was very nervous when I wrote this. It's about someone driving you so crazy that they can kill you with their gaze. That's the chorus - Like a bullet to the chest.

MARCELO: Not nice.

MARIA: Not very nice at all.

๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•

MARCELO: Luz, luzโ€ฆ Lightโ€ฆ starts rapping quickly Aye, light up a wood then I get in my zoneโ€ฆ

MARIA: joins without hesitation Countin' them racks, got that shit on my own

MARCELO: Think you want war, but this ain't what you want

MARIA: adlibbing Bitch! the two grab each other and burst into laughter

Chaos Castle - Xavier Wulf

MARCELO: SESHOLLOWATERBOYZโ€ฆ I want to work with them so badly. Sometimes I feel like I belong in a rap collective...

MARIA: But you're stuck with me.

MARCELO: I wouldn't say stuck.

MARIA: speaking to the interviewer We only ever talk about music, of course, so he always has me listening to underground stuff no one expects me to know. But I love it. I love rap, I love Bones [one of the rappers in the song].

INTERVIEWER: If you could each collaborate with one artist or producer, who'd it be?

MARCELO: Probably Metro Boomin. I love everything he does.

MARIA: Oh, good answer. We love his last album. I'd say la princesa de Brasil, Thaรญ! I need her to teach me her ways.

๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’„

MARIA: doesn't hesitate to sing after Marcelo reads the word

'Cause it's in the music / Yeah, we were dancing to it / I'm right back in that moment / And it makes me want to cry / Because it's in the music / Heavenly bodies moving

Because It's In The Music - Robyn

MARCELO: That just poured out of you, didn't it?

MARIA: It's Robyn. shrugs She knows me.

๐’”๐’–๐’

MARCELO: Sol. I don't know. looks at Maria What do you got?

MARIA: One of my favorite Lana [Del Rey] songs comes to mind. starts to sing

Oh, what can I do / Life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue / Sun and ocean blue / Their magnificence, it don't make sense to you / Black beautyโ€ฆ

Black Beauty - Lana Del Rey

MARCELO: I think Ultraviolence was the beginning of our Lana obsession. We'd just moved to L.A. and we always thought we saw her in the streets. laughs

MARIA: Yeah, I distinctly remember us being like, 'I don't how, I don't know where, but we have to work with her.'

INTERVIEWER: I know you, Marcelo, produced some songs on her later album, Lust for Life and then Maria danced on the tour for that. But how did you guys end up meeting Lana?

MARCELO: I have no idea why he thought of me, but after Rocky did his verses for Groupie Love, he wanted me to come in and have a look at it. I ended up adding the guitar heard in the track and working on Summer Bummer.

MARIA: Some of my favorites, too. And he brought me along or else I would've killed him!

๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’—๐’†

MARCELO: We gotta end this with some fuego.

MARIA: Ay, I'm thinking of Benny. It's a perfect translation, butโ€”

MARCELO: starting the song Vete! Maria raps the rest of the chorus

Nadie te estรก aguantando y laโ€…puerta estรก abierta / No te preocupe' por nosotro' do', nuestra historia ya estรก muerta / Espero que seas feliz y que te diviertas / Pero pa' acรก no vuelvas

VETE - BAD BUNNY

MARIA: after singing her heart out, she sighs That felt good.

MARCELO: looking into the camera And that, my friends, is the tea.

Leave / No one is holdingโ€…you and the door is open / Don't worry about us, our story is already dead / I hope you're happy and have fun / But don't come back to me

๐‘ป๐‘ถ๐‘ท ๐‘ช๐‘ถ๐‘ด๐‘ด๐‘ฌ๐‘ต๐‘ป๐‘บ

valerios7thab: Oh god, I had to rewind this video so many times because they're so attractive and adorable together and I get distracted. Thank you for blessing us Bitchin' Mag !!! MxM is the next best thing

โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ ohomander replied: The way they hype each other up. The way Marcelo looks at her when she sings. I love them so much. No wonder he was hiding her from the world!

โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ omanderforever replied: His face when Maria said she was proud of him ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ My bilingual BABES

elitefansdaily: 4:16 I DIE OF LAUGHTER EVERY TIME MARCELO LOOKS INTO THE CAMERA BUT WHEN HE MENTIONED #MALERIO I LOST IT !!! he definitely ships themโ€ฆ

valerianfever: Lord please watch over the angel that is MISS GLORIANA ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’… First they lost their parents in 9/11, Maria went thru Manchester with Ari AND lost Mac, then Maria got cheated on by Carlos Lopez. I just want to protect them.

โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ elitefansdaily replied: We don't know if Carlos cheated. Stop spreading hate.

โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ valerianfever replied: Stream Money, Power, Glory girl ๐Ÿ’… His loss. Valรฉrio's wayyy hotter.

โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ valerios7thab replied: They're not dating either. He's literally her manager, that would be gross anyway.

omanderforever: The way they name-drop and still come off so humble and sweet! I can see what Mac and Valรฉrio saw in them โค STREAM MONEY, POWER, GLORY

lanaglorianamashups: The way Marcelo is behind some of our favorite songs - ONLY 23 YEARS OLD - and Elite has totally been silencing him ๐Ÿ˜ญ I'm glad he's supporting his sister and finally talking about his music!!! Also Vete was definitely a shot at Carlosโ€ฆโ€ฆ

โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ denisepaoladaily replied: Maybe they're doing the right thing since Marcelo is okay with trashing his co-star.

โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ valerios7thab replied: girl, they were literally smoking a fat blunt on a yacht yesterday but okay, Marcelo x Carlos are enemies...

spanishsimp: IDK who this girl is but she's sexy, single, and listens to teamseshโ€ฆ wife?

LISTEN TO THE SONGS HERE

feel free to comment on this blog, fam ๐Ÿ–ค

เผบ ๐‘ท๐‘จ๐‘ท๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘จ๐’๐’๐‘ฐ เผป

๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข - @๐’‚๐’š๐’›๐’“๐’–๐’๐’†๐’” - ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด

671 1 4 Share

Comments (0)

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.