I FINALLY ORGANIZED MY LIKED ITEMS!!! (also a little lesson on common courtesy)

• Hey everyone! I finally got around to organizing my items into collections!

Thank you SO MUCH to the thread that @littlefeather114 made because under it someone commented about the almost blink-and-you-miss-it item organizer tool on URSTYLE! If you don't know what tool this is, it can be found under your profile (on a laptop you click your profile picture in the top right corner and in the drop down menu below "Edit Profile" and "Settings" the button "Item Organizer" should be right there).

Now, in my profile, you guys can see all of the items that I have used, am using, or probably will use in the future in neat, organized collections by what type of item it is. There are art collections, general style ones, beauty, frames and effects, and images as well. If you want a bigger bank of items to look from, I usually get my items from these URSTYLE members:

@jesuisunlapin
    @beautifulplace
    @dora04
    @spacelava
    and a few more that I don't really remember right now, however, a majority of the items I like have been from viewing others sets! So if you need new cool things to aid your inspiration, check out some cool sets!

HOWEVER, when I use and like these items, I do so following URSTYLE AND POLYVORE COMMON COURTESY!!! This means that when I like lots of items in a collection, I like the collection as well to support the user. If I am inspired by a layout that someone did, I credit them in the description. If I like items from a set, I like the set and sometimes comment as well. And if I frequently use their items, I support the user by following, commenting and liking their sets as well!

THESE COMMON COURTESIES ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! If they aren't followed, your actions could be seen as rude, disrespectful, or just ignorant of the original user. Especially if you are taking inspiration from someone's layout, your set could even be seen as copying which goes against a campaign/movement carried over from Polyvore that I still follow: the BE ORIGINAL campaign. Therefore, I ask that you be careful when you borrow things from others, and to keep everyone in mind so the community can continue to be a happy and original space for creators πŸ˜ƒ

That being said, I don't mind if anyone likes items from my collections or any of items that I may gather from the internet in the future if I'm feeling up to it. It would be really nice if you used common courtesy when using my items, but I don't expect it and won't hate you or anything if you don't follow them. I am mentioning this out of comments and other posts about common courtesy and wanted to bring it up for people who may not have been aware!

Have a good day, stay creative, and BE ORIGINAL!
    ~ Mayblooms

Fashion, Fashion, Fashion
    1065 5 7 Share

Comments (4)

• Very well expressed, although I've known about the Item Organizer for a l-o-n-g time now! πŸ™‚ More importantly is how you explained to those who may not be aware about those particular courtesies, which I 100% agree with & have been following since my early days on Polyvore πŸ™‚ Thanks for taking the time to write this worthy piece!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

• Design Styles Defined

Very useful post! Thank you very much for the mention, my friend! I’m glad to hear you finally had the time to organize your items in collections too, it’s so much easier to find them this way. I’ll check out your collections later, I’m sure there are a lot of good stuff there πŸ˜‰ Hope you have a delightful weekend! Cheers! πŸ’–πŸ’

• Fashion, Fashion, Fashion

@pwhiteaurora No problem! I know that although their are a LOT of people that transferred to this platform from Polyvore, there are still those that haven't and probably aren't aware of preexisting rules since this is their first platform. Thank you for the kind words and I was definitely behind on the curve with the item organizer πŸ˜… but I am glad I finally found it haha

• Fashion, Fashion, Fashion

@jesuisunlapin Thank you! And thank you as well for always posting amazing items, your sets and creations are so inspiring and amazing! 😊

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.