๐’ถ๐“ˆ ๐“ˆ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“…๐“๐‘’๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐“ˆ

• alt text

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” .:ใƒปยฐ โœฎ ยฐใƒป:. โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

alt text

โ๐ผ ๐’ถ๐“‚ ๐“‚๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’.
    ๐ต๐‘’๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’พ ๐’ถ๐“‚ ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’ ๐‘’๐“๐“ˆ๐‘’'๐“ˆ.โž
    โ€• Nayyirah Waheed, Nejma

ABOUT

For almost eight years, the plot for Irina Riley's life, currently titled As She Pleases, has always been the same: the black sheep of the family; at one point in her life she has made several attempts to fit in with both her family and their lifestyle, until eventually she grew tired of pretending to be something she's not and gave up completely.

Originally a character for a roleplay made by @/heroine-chic, Irina's faceclaims as well as name, personality and interests have changed each time the thought of writing for her again crossed my mind. But the plot remained the same: After years of avoiding her family, Irina Riley returns to Beverly Hills - her unfortunate hometown - and reconciles with everyone from her past life. As well as meet some interesting new faces.

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” .:ใƒปยฐ โœฎ ยฐใƒป:. โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

AS SHE PLEASES: MEET IRINA RILEY

alt text

๐…๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Irina Riley Lan
    ๐๐ข๐œ๐ค๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž: People don't usually opt for nicknames, but in some cases she has been referred to Iri.
    ๐๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐๐š๐ฒ / ๐™๐จ๐๐ข๐š๐œ: November 23rd 1995

๐‡๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง: Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐‘๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž: Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California (formerly: New York City, New York; Rome, Italy; Oslo, Norway; New Delhi, India; Barcelona, Spain)

๐„๐๐ฎ๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: Columbia University
    ๐Ž๐œ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: Instagram and reality television personality, travel and fiction writer, occasional YouTuber and globe trotter.

๐๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ: Surprisingly introverted despite being part of a family of extroverts - in love with solitude and being by herself, but at the same time can function extremely well around people and large crowds. Incredibly open-minded and out-spoken. Stubborn as a mule, once Irina has made up her mind it's difficult to change her opinion, thus why she tends to spend half of her time having arguments with random people. Ignores the things she doesn't like, tends to judge people for their interests and certain qualities, but tries really hard to grow out of this. The kind of person that doesn't have many friends and tends to attach herself to certain people. Very hard on herself, often considers herself to not be good enough and because of it struggles greatly with her work. Constantly needs other people's validation, despite claiming that she doesn't. Desperately seeks normalcy, thus the reason why she has spent most of her life alienating herself from her family.

๐๐ข๐จ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก๐ฒ: The middle child of former soap-opera actress and current reality television star Andrea Strodden-Lam, India Riley is the token black sheep of every rich Hollywood family. When her older half-sister, Mila Guerro announces her engagement to her boyfriend of almost one year, Irina has no other choice but to reluctantly return to her hometown of Beverly Hills in order to help out with all of the preparations for the upcoming wedding.

Five long years have passed since Irina's stepped foot on the sunny West Coast and the warm, ocean breeze brings back a stream of memories she worked really hard to forget. She's never wanted to be famous; never chose to star in her mother's ridiculous reality show and yet there she is, being unwillingly plunged into the massive spotlight her fame hungry mother has created for both her and her sister.

No one cares about Irina's return to her scene aside from the people that follow her social media and YouTube channel and yet her mother eagerly feeds all media outlets with rumors and news about her youngest daughter in order to raise her show's ratings. All of it reminds Irina why she left home in the first place; why she tried so hard to distance herself from her family (read: mother) and why she's spend the past five years introducing herself simply as Irina Riley.

She can't wait to leave Los Angeles and return to normalcy until she reconciles with one of her old friends, Ewan Joyce. They hadn't spoken to one another - at least not properly, the occasional text or dm doesn't count - since the fight they had before Irina thought she was living California for good. Days go by and suddenly she's out there looking for places to rent in Venice Beach. Ewan's the reason why Irina has decided to extend her stay on the West Coast for just a couple of more weeks. They go out every night, eagerly letting one another know about the things they've missed out in the past five years. Ewan introduces her to one his close friends, the obnoxiously charming Richard Phillips, who begins to develop quite a connection with Irina.

She doesn't want to admit it, but, the handsome businessman might be one of the reasons why she's suddenly considering permanently moving to Los Angeles.

2005 8 3 Share

Comments (7)

• THE FIRST TASTE: MEET IRINA STOKES

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐„๐๐‹๐€๐˜: RB (if anyone remembers the full name of the roleplay please let me know)

โ˜† ๐ˆ๐‘๐ˆ๐๐€ ๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐™๐€ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐Š๐„๐’, 24
    BIRTHDAY: November 10
    KNOWN FOR: Her reality TV show producer mother
    STYLE: Laidback, casual, denim, crop tops, cardigans, statement necklaces, canvas shoes, and occasionally girly

LIKES: Reading, photography, crime shows, movies, vlogging, cultural studies, oversized comfy sweaters, staying in at home, and small circles
    DISLIKES: Being overwhelmed, guys who are deuche bags, wasting money, chickflicks, and overextravegent things.

Irina has always been the blacksheep amongst her family and friends. While some have enjoyed showing off all of the money they have, she likes to keep it to a minimum. The only things she's proud of are the things that she accomplishes all on her own. However her siblings and parents aren't the same at times. They live in a huge mansion in Orange county with expensive cars all over the lot. Some would dream to have a parent with the connections that her mother has. She decided to venture to the east coast to do some soul searching and lived in the Northern Virginia area working for a company where everyone knew her as the pretty west coast girl. She just returned to BH only a few months ago and is trying to find the right crowd to fit in with. Her priorities for now are to start going for a masters degree and figuring out exactly what it is. She wants to pave her own way instead of following in her parents' footsteps. Will she make a legacy all on her own or will she always be overshadowed by her parents?
    MODEL: {Suggested: Clara Alonso}

THE STORIES

THE SECOND TASTE: IRINA STOKES 2.0

• FROM IRINA STOKES TO INDIA RILEY

Rebooted for the sake of my own sanity; I think it was the first time I was actually considering writing for NaNoWriMo and this was the first character that came to my mind. She's always been a character I will bring back constantly because her story is that good. The perfect chick-flick protagonist, if I'm being honest.

Switched Clara Alonso for Jac Jagaciak because Clara's photos just didn't quite fit the aesthetic I had for India at that point at time. Back then Jac had the perfect look: awkward, lanky and goofy. Text-book I'm pretty but not pretty enough female character when in reality, she's drop dead gorgeous.

โ‡’ INDIA RILEY
    โ€” lifestyle blogger, travel and fiction writer
    โ€” travelling, over-sized sweaters, anime, beer, staying in, small circles, blogging, cultural studies, indie music, writing, travel books, postcards, sleeping in, white bed sheets, coffee, eating, amusement parks, photography, binge watching, acoustic performances, floral print, overalls, colorful plants, east coast, feminism, cats, strong female characters, her tiny apartment, hanging out w/ ewan, making puns, sunsets.
    dislikes:
    โ€” throwing money away, pink drinks, nightclubs, skimpy outfits, her mother's constant nagging, d.ouchebags, writer's block, family gatherings, cleaning, reality shows, gossip, when her favorite shows get cancelled, long nails, her social anxiety, jet-lags, crowds, doing laundry, roller coasters, her non-existent cooking skills.
    personality:
    โ€” optimistic, childish (at times), awkward, enthusiastic, ambitious, introverted, good-listener, witty, sarcastic, funny, observant, creative, patient, clumsy, smart.
    bio:
    โ€” For India Riley her life in the spotlight has been a one big pain in the a.ss. Her mother's obsession of becoming famous and proving her dazzling socialite status to the world landed her a role in The Real Housewives of Orange County, thus dragging her entire family into her 'drama' filled life. The last thing India wanted in her life was more drama, considering the fact that their family was slowly but surely falling apart. Her father's drinking got worse and her siblings became more annoying. India patiently waited for the day she graduates from high school and studies college as farther as possible from the family drama. When that fateful day came, India packed her bags and never looked back. Her life in New York City was close to perfection as she finally found the much needed peace. With a degree in cultural studies and a minor in English literature she started working in a travel agency where she worked as a culture expert. Her job allowed her to visit many beautiful places and experience different cultures and meet all kinds of people. After two years of travelling, she finally decided that there was no place like home, so she returned to California. Her relationship with her family is still strained, but she is willing to fix it. As well as reconciling with her childhood friend and finally begging her career as a writer.
    model:
    โ€” Monica 'Jac' Jagaciak

• INDIA RILEY 4.0

Nineteen year old me had a plan: ignore all of your university obligations by creating and writing for as many characters you can think of. This also occurred around the time I developed a strong obsession with Alicia Vikander after watching The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (brilliant movie by the way, the fashion, the story, the chemistry between Alicia and Armie - overall amazing.)

INDIA ALICE RILEY, 24
    (b. February 23rd 1991)

Likes: the color white, cancelled plans, cats, denim wear, comfortable shoes, beer, staying in, lazy Sundays, stripes, coffee mugs, bagels, travelling, over-sized sweaters, small circles, cultural studies, spicy food, blogging, travel books, souvenirs, sleeping in, white sheets, her tiny apartments, watching someone cook, writing, pop music, Netflix, coffee, eating as a hobby, strong female characters, The Star Wars franchise, feminism, intelligent conversations, amusement parks, overalls, fresh flowers, the East Coast, hanging out w/ Ewan, unintentional puns, stand up comedy, sunsets, reading glasses, dancing on her own.
    Dislikes: being told that YouTube is not a job, over-sexualized characters, Donald Trump, not understanding politics as much as she wants to understand them, her mother's constant nagging, family gathering, writer's block, throwing money away, pink drinks, f-ckboys, people who constantly brag about their wealth, reality television, long nails, her favorite shows being cancelled, nightclubs, social gatherings, cleaning, jetlag, big crowds, dealing with social anxiety, doing laundry, roller coasters, her non-existent cooking skills, being asked about her love life, California from time to time.

Graduated from: New York University
    Occupation: Travel guide and consultant (formerly); struggling writer, blogger (currently)
    Personality: educated, well-traveled, pretentious, childish, hard-working, introverted, good listener, stubborn, imaginative, procrastinating, shy, socially awkward, ambitious, witty, sarcastic, sassy, impatient, clumsy, smart.

Style: Minimalist + casual
    Model: Alicia Vikander

• INDIA RILEY 5.0

This was around the time when Keep God From California was still the original title for India Riley and my multiple attempts at both writing and rebooting her story. After being represented by various gorgeous models, I finally had a light bulb moment: Courtney Eaton. Back then I wasn't completely sure whether she was the right choice. I also happened to never finish her audition lmao.

INDIA RILEY, 23?
    โquoteโž
    ( fc: Courtney Eaton? // previous faceclaims: Clara Alonso, Jac Jagaciak, Alicia Vikander )

Full Name: India Riley Benshan
    Nickname: Indie
    Birthday / Zodiac:

Hometown: Los Angeles, California
    Current Residence: Los Angeles, California (formerly: New York City, New York; Rome, Italy; Oslo, Norway; New Delhi, India; Barcelona, Spain)

Education: Columbia University
    Occupation: Instagram and reality television personality, travel and fiction writer, globe trotter.

• INDIA RILEY 6.0

Sixth attempt; I vaguely remember making plans with Sarah (@/sarahstardom) about a future writing idea; we really wanted to write besties again. By then I was dead set on Courtney Eaton.

Meet India Riley;
    โ€ข the middle child of former telenovela actress and current reality television star Andrea Guerro-Benshan; the black sheep of the family; avid traveler - has moved back to her hometown (insert name here) after five years of living all across the globe; moved in with high school best (and unlikely) friend; making money by writing, getting those Instagram sponsorships (she has a major following) and occasionally appearing on her mother's reality show (mainly because she's forced to)

ALL HELL BROKE LOSE WHEN;
    Mila Guerro, the oldest daughter of Andrea Guerro-Bunshan announced her recent engagement to musician and business mogul Kiernan Brown. The pair have been dating for less than a year, but multiple sources of the couple say that they are 'madly in love' and 'can't wait to start a family'.

GUESS WHO'S BACK?
    โ€ข India Bunshan, the oldest daughter from Andrea Guerro-Benshan second marriage to business mogul Thomas Benshan has finally made her highly anticipated return to her hometown of (insert name here) after five years of travelling. And just in time for her big sister, Mila Guerro's engagement.

.:ใƒปยฐ โœฎ ยฐใƒป:.

INDIA RILEY, 25
    โi am mine.
    before i am ever anyone else's.โž
    ( fc: Courtney Eaton? // previous faceclaims: Clara Alonso, Jac Jagaciak, Alicia Vikander )

Full Name: India Riley Benshan
    Nickname: Indie
    Birthday / Zodiac:

Hometown: tbd
    Current Residence: Los Angeles, California (formerly: New York City, New York; Rome, Italy; Oslo, Norway; New Delhi, India; Barcelona, Spain)

Education: Columbia University // Brown University??? can't decide
    Occupation: Instagram and reality television personality, travel and fiction writer, globe trotter.

Likes: comfortable shoes, sun kissed skin, her freckles, chunky sweaters, skin care products, memes, looking at travelling brochures, feminism, speaking her mind, dark chocolate, learning new things, reading (especially travelling memoirs and/or murder mysteries), shopping, sparkly eye shadow, crime dramas, beer, quiet nights in, butter on popcorn, going to the movies alone, solitude, taking photos, the beach, sunsets and sunrises, the occasional romantic dinner (although would never admit), poetry.
    Dislikes: occasionally her siblings and mother, veganism (it's fine but don't brag about it), big romantic gestures, being in the spotlight, her sister's thirst for attention and number of PR relationships, small talk, cold weather, fruity cocktails, yacht parties (she get s a bit sea sick), jet-lag, black coffee, crazy diets, the fact that she advertises products that she doesn't even use, toxic masculinity, not having a normal mother-daughter relationship.

• INDIA RILEY 7.0

Made a little over two years ago; right around the time Poly died and everyone relocating onto Urstyle. Back then I actually made efforts to finish my sets lol. This also happened to be created around the time before NaNoWriMo - my second attempt to write India's story for the event. (spoiler: I didn't.)

๐ˆ๐๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€ ๐‘๐ˆ๐‹๐„๐˜, ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
    โ๐ผ ๐’ถ๐“‚ ๐“‚๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’.
    ๐ต๐‘’๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’พ ๐’ถ๐“‚ ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’ ๐‘’๐“๐“ˆ๐‘’'๐“ˆ.โž
    (๐Ÿ๐š๐œ๐ž๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ: Courtney Eaton)

๐…๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž: India Riley Benshan
    ๐๐ข๐œ๐ค๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž: Indie, Baby B
    ๐๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐๐š๐ฒ / ๐™๐จ๐๐ข๐š๐œ: March 19th / Pieces

๐‡๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง: Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California
    ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐‘๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž: Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California (formerly: New York City, New York; Rome, Italy; Oslo, Norway; New Delhi, India; Barcelona, Spain)

๐„๐๐ฎ๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: Columbia University
    ๐Ž๐œ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง: Instagram and reality television personality, travel and fiction writer, occasional YouTuber and globe trotter.

๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž๐ฌ: comfortable shoes, sun kissed skin, her freckles, chunky sweaters, skin care products, small tattoos, looking at travelling brochures, feminism, speaking her mind, dark chocolate, learning new things, reading (especially travelling memoirs and/or murder mysteries), shopping, sparkly eye shadow, crime dramas, beer, quiet nights in, butter on popcorn, going to the movies alone, solitude, taking photos, the beach, sunsets and sunrises, the occasional romantic dinner (although would never admit), poetry.
    ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž๐ฌ: occasionally her siblings and mother, veganism (it's fine but don't brag about it), big romantic gestures, being in the spotlight, her sister's thirst for attention and number of PR relationships, small talk, cold weather, fruity cocktails, yacht parties (she gets a bit sea sick), jet-lag, black coffee, crazy diets, the fact that she advertises products that she doesn't even use, toxic masculinity, not having a normal mother-daughter relationship, being in the public eye, Los Angeles' horrid traffic.

๐๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ: Surprisingly introverted despite being part of a family of extroverts - in love with solitude and being by herself, but at the same time can function extremely well around people and large crowds. Incredibly open-minded and out-spoken. Stubborn as a mule, once Indie has made up her mind it's difficult to change her opinion, thus why she tends to spend half of her time having arguments with random people. Ignores the things she doesn't like, tends to judge people for their interests and certain qualities, but tries really hard to grow out of this. The kind of person that doesn't have many friends and tends to attach herself to certain people. Very hard on herself, often considers herself to not be good enough and because of it struggles greatly with her work. Constantly needs other people's validation, despite claiming that she doesn't. Desperately seeks normalcy, thus the reason why she has spent most of her life alienating herself from her family.

๐๐ข๐จ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก๐ฒ:
    โ—‹ ๐Œ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ง๐๐ข๐š ๐‘๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ;
    The middle child of former telenovela actress and current reality television star Andrea Guerro-Benshan; the black sheep of the family; avid traveler - has moved back to Los Angeles after five years of living all across the globe; moved in with her high school best (and unlikely) friend Daisy Chamberlain who is an Instagram model; making money by writing, getting those Instagram sponsorships (she has a major following) and occasionally appearing on her mother's reality show (mainly because she's forced to)

โ—‹ ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง:
    Mila Guerro, the oldest daughter of Andrea Guerro-Bunshan announced her recent engagement to musician and business mogul Kiernan Brown. The pair have been dating for less than a year, but multiple sources of the couple say that they are 'madly in love' and 'can't wait to start a family'.

๐†๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ'๐ฌ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค;
    India Bunshan, Andrea Guerro-Benshan's daughter from her second marriage to business mogul Thomas Benshan, has finally returned to the City of Angels after five years of travelling. And just in time for her big sister, Mila Guerro's engagement.

• INDIA RILEY 8.0

I got offered to participate in this writing contest (spoiler: I ended up not submitting anything because of reasons I don't want to talk about) and thought it would be a fantastic opportunity to finally edit/rewrite all the stories I've written for India over the past seven? eight years? I can't do math.

The premise is pretty much the same as always: famous mom, filthy rich dad and fame hungry older half-sister. India returns to her hometown after years of being away at college and working on her master's degree. India's stopped using her last name because she no longer wants to be linked to her mother and the stupid shit she does on her reality show.

Reluctantly reconciles with old friends, starts attending all those parties she once swore she hates and maybe???? fall in love?

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.