π“ƒπ‘œ π“ˆπ‘’π“‰ π“‰π‘’π“‚π“…π“π’Άπ“‰π‘’π“ˆ? π“ƒπ‘œ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’·π“π‘’π“‚ (𝒢 π‘”π“Šπ’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½ π“…π’Ύπ’Έπ“‰π“Šπ“‡π‘’π“ˆ)!

• INTRODUCTION

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Hi friends, I've found a potential workaround to our current inability to create set templates on URSTYLE! It involves using the "save backup" function in the editor, and having access to some sort of online file sharing website (google drive, dropbox, etc). Crossing my fingers that we'll one day have the capability to make templates like we did on PV, though - has it been suggested to the staff yet?

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Anyway, before this turns into a long ramble, I will just get on with it lol. As always, LMK if you have questions at all!!!

CREATING A SET "TEMPLATE"

Β 

DESCRIPTION OF STEP IMAGE
    Step 1. After you've created your 'template' using the URSTYLE editor, SAVE A BACKUP of the set. 0_1569902262315_1.PNG
    Step 2. Upload the .json file to Google Drive or a similar website. The file will look like a text file, with long strings of code. DO NOT EDIT this file. All you have to do is make it so that anybody with the link can VIEW it. 0_1569902571027_2.PNG
    Step 3. Copy the LINK that comes up after you have changed the sharing settings. 0_1569902757352_3.PNG
    Step 4. Publish the set that you created your 'template' with. PASTE the shareable link into the set description or anywhere else you'd like! I would also recommend including some instructions as to how to use the specific template within the set description! Click here to view my example. alt text

Β 

USING SOMEONE ELSE'S TEMPLATE

Β 

DESCRIPTION OF STEP IMAGE
    Step 1. Paste the SHAREABLE LINK that the creator has provided into your web browser. DOWNLOAD THE FILE and save it as the original .json file. 0_1569903237105_4.PNG
    Step 2. The template is now saved as a set backup on your computer. Click the LOAD SET BACKUP button in your set creator, and select the file you downloaded. 0_1569903343222_5.PNG
    Step 3. The set/template should load in your editor! When you publish the set, please make sure that you CREDIT THE ORIGINAL CREATOR. More on that below.

Β 

GIVING CREDIT

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β We're going to have to rely on the honor system here, but giving credit to the original creators of the template is a MUST. I forget how they did it on PV, but I think we could LINK the original set posted by the creator of the template within the set description? how does that sound?

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Anyway! I must go be a responsible person and study, do homework, etc. Let me know if anything was confusing, or if you would need any further explanations! I will be more than happy to help. My example template.

NANOWRIMO πŸ“
    1940 3 8 Share

Comments (2)
  • Battle of the Books

you! are! so! smart!

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@forebodinq AWWWW ❀ I'm glad you think so even though i'm highkey a dumbass ;D

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.