π‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘β„Ž π‘™π‘Žπ‘’π‘”β„Žπ‘  𝑖𝑛 π‘“π‘™π‘œπ‘€π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  (π‘Žπ‘˜π‘Ž 𝐡𝑒𝑖𝑙𝑑-π‘Žπ‘›-π΄π‘™π‘–π‘π‘–π‘Ž) 🌺

• ━━━━━━━━━━━ ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ€: .✧. :β€ο½‘οΎŸ. ━━━━━━━━━━━

Jumping onto the bandwagon and making one of these because I hate being productive with my life, apparently. Shoutout to everyone who's already posted for inspiring this!!! Especially @mint who brought this idea back (check out the master-list of these kinds of blog posts she's compiling here!!!!!!

━━━━━━━━━━━ ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ€: .✧. :β€ο½‘οΎŸ. ━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐂 𝐈 𝐀

π‘ƒπ‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ π‘‘ ❀ π’―π“Šπ“‚π’·π“π“‡ ❀ 𝐼𝐺 ❀ 𝑅𝒫 π’’π“Šπ’Ύπ“π’Ή ❀ π·π‘–π‘ π‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘‘

𝐍 𝐈 𝐂 𝐊 𝐍 𝐀 𝐌 𝐄 𝐒

None, for the most part. Though, okay-that's false, lol. I pronounce my name "a-lee-sha", but since my parents didn't know how to spell it's spelled "a-lee-si-ya", which is how I introduce myself in all my Spanish classes just 'cause it's....easier. My Chinese name is ηŽ₯莹 (yue ying), which translates roughly to 'pearl luster'. The pinyin/romanization is also the middle name on my birth certificate. Aside from that, I have some Internet friends from separate RP site who call me "Ally", not really sure why? Also Elissa/Lauren who was on PV calls me Ally b/c I introduced her to one of said friends that got onto PV 'cause of me who kept calling me Ally so she just picked it up, I guess. Lmao

𝐁 𝐀 𝐒 𝐈 𝐂 𝐒

My bday is August 23 (I'm a Virgo!), and I'm from white soccer mom suburbia in Northern Virginia, anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours from DC (depending on traffic). Literally all my neighbors are rich white soccer mom families or Indian IT guys :^))))). I'm 2.5 hours south for school, and like....at least 1/3 of the student population is from the same area as me. It's kinda funny (but also super convenient for getting rides hahahaha). As for the FC thing...so I feel strangely weird using a model to represent me as a faceclaim??? But I was going to use Yue Han when I was considering joining MB, if that helps at all. I think we have similar facial structure + shape. She's definitely prettier than I am, though. As for the real deal.... here. I only had this pic taken because I wanted to make a "tree-hugging tree-hugger" joke on Instagram because I am basic AF

𝐒 𝐓 𝐑 𝐄 𝐍 𝐆 𝐓 𝐇 𝐒

Remembering the names of people I literally talked to once 3 years ago; wasting all my money at Starbucks; falling asleep during lectures; memorizing useless information; I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to even drive 10 miles above the speed limit so I guess I'm not going to get a traffic ticket anytime soon; I'm a vegetarian; I'm pretty flexible for the average college student?

𝐖 𝐄 𝐀 𝐊 𝐍 𝐄 𝐒 𝐒 𝐄 𝐒

GOD where do I even start-I procrastinate the HELL out of everything but I'm too much of a goody two-shoes to even CONSIDER not doing my homework so I end up doing all my schoolwork at 4 AM and getting absolutely NO sleep even though I could be getting a lot more if I didn't just....waste all my time playing Plants vs. Zombies 2 on my phone..... ; so what's a 'budget' again?; literally I'm such a wimp. Can't watch horror movies for the life of me; I either over-think or under-think everything. There is no in-between; my idea of a meal = sugary sbux drink and an apple and some raw spinach leaves; what is the concept of a 'balanced diet', yall. I eat sugar, raw fruits/veggies, and soda/caffeine. Nothing else; too lazy to fucking cook anything ever (probably why my eating patterns are so fucked up, lmao); I stay up until 5 AM for literally no reason all the time????; I get WAY TOO INVESTED in everything 24/7; sappy POS; also really lazy; can't do anything without having 20 midlife crises in a row lmao; no thoughts head empty potato brain; I am literally a 2 year old. My dream life = constantly watching Phineas and Ferb and snacking on candy or something

𝐇 𝐎 𝐁 𝐁 𝐈 𝐄 𝐒

At school, I'm in Club Gymnastics, which I was pretty stupid to join in the first place because I can't. freaking. tumble (and I'm SUCH a scaredy-cat, too!!!!), but I wanted to do something sportsy since I did rhythmic gymnastics for like 11 years, and I didn't want to do dance, lmao. So gymnastics it is. Literally I can't do anything, but I'm planning on bullshitting a floor routine (catch me out here trying to get two back walkovers to count as a tumbling pass!!! lmao!!!! honestly the story of my entire life). Lowkey want to try out a bit of contortion since I still have my oversplits and needle from my rhythmic days, but that's honestly a whole other beast to tackle. It's not immediately obvious to people who aren't familiar with it I guess, but contortion flexibility training doesn't necessarily equal something that a gymnast or dancer would do. The latter would involve a lot more stuff with splits and lines because you get difficulty points in competitions for having legs at 180 degrees or more, but contortion doesn't have those kind of restrictions and also focuses a bit more holistically on things b/c you need to have flexibility in slightly different areas to do some of the skills. Also, there's muscle strength involved for holding more of the positions and such, so. It's different!!

𝐁 𝐎 𝐎 𝐊 𝐒

ANIMORPHS ANIMORPHS ANIMORPHS by K.A. Applegate, "A Song of Ice and Fire" by GRRM, "The Joy Luck Club" by Amy Tan, anything and everything in Gail Carriger's Parasolverse (I mean...she literally named one of her books "Etiquette and Espionage". If this isn't quality content, then I don't know what is), "Five Past Midnight in Bhopal" by Dominique Lapierre and Javier Moro, literally these aren't even books but "Te dejo, amor, en prenda el mar" by Carme Riera, it's basic AF but I love me some Federico GarcΓ­a Lorca ("Romance de la luna luna" has got me feelin' some kind of way. Also, "La casa de Bernarda Alba" takes my heart and rips it to SHREDS), "El lΓ‘piz del carpintero" by Manuel Rivas, "Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice" by Mark Plotkin, "TΓΊ me quieres blanca" by my girl Alfonsina Storni, "La lengua de las mariposas" by Manuel Rivas (I ugly-cried for ten minutes after I finished reading it. akfldsljkf), "In the Time of the Butterflies" by Julia Alvarez, "Poison" by Chris Wooding, "A Sand County Almanac" by Aldo Leopold which I haven't finished in its entirety but it's GOOD, I'm definitely forgetting a lot because in middle school all I did was read, but. Here we are

𝐓 𝐄 𝐋 𝐄 𝐕 𝐈 𝐒 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍

AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER, Peaky Blinders, the Office, Haikyuu!!, Hunter x Hunter (okay, there's a lot that can be criticized about this show IMO, but like....how many fucks did the author just NOT give when he named the main city 'Yorknew City'??? The audacity of the man, lmao. And tbh I feel like this fact just sums up the entire show so well), TambiΓ©n la lluvia/Even the Rain, ε­™ζ‚Ÿη©ΊδΈ‰ζ‰“η™½ιͺ¨η²Ύ/The Monkey King 2 (? I think it's 2, anyway) ONLY BECAUSE they gave Gong Li's character (aka a demoness villain girl) an ACTUAL STORYLINE that makes me want to bawl my eyes out every time I so much as think about it, ζˆ‘δΈζ˜―θ―η₯ž/Dying to Survive, Rise of the Guardians, the D.U.F.F., Wreck it Ralph, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, CRAZY RICH ASIANS!!!!, 21 Jump Street (trash, but so fucking funny), White Chicks (same), I dunno I'm definitely missing a lot here lol

𝐌 𝐔 𝐒 𝐈 𝐂

This one is really hard because I don't usually stick to only a few artists and tend to hop around music-wise, but I think my taste is generally divided into 1) kpop (esp girl power anthems), 2) general hip-hop/rnb inspired songs, 3) indie pop & lush indie ballads (read: LDR), 4) basic ass pop music for when I want to pretend it's august of 2012. Category 1: literally Blackpink's entire discography (i'm basic as hell lmao), G-IDLE, Red Velvet, some CLC / AOA / EXID. Category 2: literally only 2 songs by Higher Brothers but fite me, some formerly-underground Chinese rappers like lexie liu & Gai, a few old school hip-hop songs from Eminem & Jay-z & the like. Category 3: VERITE ftw!, Lana del Rey, some Lorde, went through a pretty big Owl City phase in middle school, Zella Day, Oh Wonder, this Chinese singer with a GORGEOUS voice named Chen Li. Category 4: mostly just random bops from different singers? Like Party in the USA and shit bahahaha.

𝐀 𝐂 𝐀 𝐃 𝐄 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂 𝐒

I'm a Spanish and Global Environments + Sustainability double major at a university in VA, and it's very likely that I'll minor in Chinese despite the required 8 AM Intro to East Asian Studies class 😩. Outside of what I'm officially studying, I like history in a more casual setting - i draw the line at extensively perusing academic papers because wow I don't like reading that much jargon. & I also like some easy/soft environmental science; I think it's cool learning about how everything connects ya feel? I just don't really have the patience for the more complicated math & physics & chemistry that comes with fields like atmospheric weather or hydrology or whatever.

I'm doing Spanish because like....I've been taking it since seventh grade, and I did well on the AP exam so I came into college basically being already able to declare the major, and basically all I need to do to finish the major is take one Spanish class every semester I have left anyway, so like.....why not. LOL. It's really annoying how I have to take 20000 literature classes, but the university barely offers any speaking-focused classes???? So like, I sound soooo American when I speak but at least I can write analytical papers about satire and irony in GarcΓ­a MΓ‘rquez's Cien aΓ±os de soledad ?????

My ideal career involves environmental advocacy and/or working at a non-profit of some sort, but honestly I have no idea what's going to happen at this point. Am going to learn Python and try to brush up on HTML within Nation Builder because job market looks pretty rough thanks to corona πŸ™ƒ as well as try to dive into some greenhouse gas accounting cuz I want to look more into ecological footprint tracking in general since it seems like something I could learn & be alright at (even if it isn't my favorite thing in the world) & I already have some experience with it since I've been doing work with my school's nitrogen footprint. And my parents want me to do data science stuff too which IDK how to feel about yet aljalsdkfas.

Right now, I work for my school's Nitrogen Working Group pretty much year-round. Within the NWG I'm on the N Footprint Team. It sounds really fancy but it's pretty mundane tbh, a lot of emailing people begging for data, emailing people begging them to care about nitrogen, and going into Excel and looking up how much 32 fl oz of Gatorade weighs or something stupid like that (because we keep track of my school's nitrogen footprint, which involves entering data about the university's food purchases into this online tool, but to do that we need to put it into a special Excel template, and for SOME REASON dining vendors think that "1 crate apples" is enough info for us to do that. SMDH).

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐑 𝐀 𝐂 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐒

I think the characters I usually write tend to fall into a few categories, just like my music interests. In roughly chronological order of being developed as a 'trope' I tend to write: 1) loyal dutiful practical 'stoic soldier'-types (I don't really write these chars as much anymore oops but some examples are Genevieve Winchester from a steampunk RP and Wendy Wang from a superpower RP; both happened to have healing powers actually hahaha. More recently, there was Mei Hua from A Grimm Tale & Vivian from Back-Alley Magic on PV, but I never got super in-depth with them. and of course, Nensala! from AOTU), 2) manipulative doll-faced politicians with perfect manners but who will 100% stab you in the back both literally & metaphorically (Mai Mei from a modern royalty AU type RP, Noelle Selwyn from Heavy is the Head on PV, Rowena from Proper Young Killing Machines on PV are the main examples, though I've done 10000000000 spin-offs of Mai. In a sense, Noelle is a spin-off of her, & Rowena is basically steampunk!Mai if I'm being real), 3) super bubbly super pink super extra ditzy girly-girl who happens to be book-smart despite the apparent ditziness (Steph from Glitter N' Guts on PV, Lea from modern royalty AU i mentioned, Lyra from Crazy Rich...Sorceresses?!, Charlotte Vernell from very old steampunk rp & Proper Young Killing Machines).

4) SUPER blunt, extra, & mean/bitter/sarcastic girls who love their high heels, makeup, & memes (Chrissy is the first; she was originally a side character/NPC-ish figure in modern royalty AU & even got a whole NaNo project to herself set in the same universe but I think the main place I write her is DEFINITELY 'razzi! + Angie who I originally thought of for CRS but the first formal CS for her was written for Dorian Records, Inferna from Gem Quest on Tumblr <333 Tess from Colombelles represents a more historical/period take on this), 5) gentle unless provoked & wistful not-entirely-sane tree-hugger fantasy creatures who may or may not be old as frickin dirt (Yelyzaveta from Dragon & Devil back on PV, VerdΓ­nqa from Back-Alley Magic also on PV, Lina was a character concept I had based on a short story I read), 6) sharp, harsh, & kind of brittle girls who take what they want straight-up instead of trying to be manipulative & subtle about it & usually have a blunt, dry sort of demeanor (some queen bee-esque characters like Anjali from Glitter n' Guts falls into this, but I think I began consciously developing this kind of "trope" when I created Isabella Cotilla del Reyes for modern royalty AU I keep mentioning as a foil character to my Mai girl! hahaha. Other examples include Chae from CRS and Mystic Lair, Mei-ying from A Midwinter's Night Dream, Marivana from Robot Unicorn Attack, Yinmei from Beneath the Roses).

𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐄 𝐏 𝐋 𝐀 𝐘 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆

This is going to get really long and wordy, so I'll try to keep it simple, yikes. Step 1: be me, an 11-year-old who is already too lazy for anything, on a Club Penguin cheat website. See an ad for a virtual world game called 'Smallworlds'. Step 2: join Smallworlds. Be me but at 13 or 14, having already wasted 2-3 years on the game, and start posting on the 'Off-Topic' forum section of the game's forums. Step 3: see RP threads. Click on them, figure out how they work. Join an RP with an ~edgy mysterious~ character with flawless black hair to her butt. Post one-line replies to everything. Start copying everyone and use Polyvore to make basic-ass outfit sets for different events our characters go to. Step 4: befriend other RP'ers. RP with them on the game's forums until they quit the game and we make our own RP forum. Step 5: be me, five or six years ago, on an iPad in my grandparents' house in China. Be bored while they're taking a nap and randomly google "roleplaying forum" (yep, Google! This was before Google was blocked in China, that was how long ago this was lmaoooo). See a site. Click it and join. Step 6: be me, idk at 14? 15? 16? years old, remember Polyvore and start making aesthetic boards for characters in a RP on RP forum that would go on to change my entire fucking life, probably. Start doing PV stuff again. Step 7: see people roleplaying on Polyvore like what???? Didn't know that was a thing?????? Join some random RP and just wing it from there.

𝐄 𝐍 𝐃

Even if you only read like one sentence, thank you for taking the time to read and ILY ❀ . If you want to connect somewhere else besides this site, my socials are linked above! Feel free to hit me up! I definitely got very wordy sooooo huge apologies for that πŸ˜… & if anyone's over on the NaNoWriMo site, also hmu @/ayzrules there too!

NANOWRIMO πŸ“
    3991 13 7 Share

Comments (12)

• Your cultural ancestry and background is so amazing. It’s so fucking cool your parents were part of history in that way. Also ... why do we have the same diet and sleep schedule I literally stayed up last night until 7 this morning ,, like who does that??

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@filthysoul !!!! literally I have no idea why i do these kinds of things. it's 2 AM and I have to be awake in 7 hours but I'll prob be up for another 1-2, not even doing anything because I suck!!! lmao

and aw I'm glad that someone else besides my stupid sappy ass finds that stuff cool, haha ❀

• Your diet is ,,,,,, the most relatable thing I've ever encountered

HONESTLY why have humans not evolved to actually only eat once a week and survive solely off coffee the rest?

Such a fun read! I loved seeing your different experience with getting into roleplaying! It's cute that we all found this geeky community in such different ways β™‘

• I always find myself falling into this bubble where it feels like polyvore/urstyle are the only places for roleplaying to exist anywhere on the internet haha so I'm so glad to see that there are so many communities out there of people doing exactly what we are!

Ahhh I did gymnastics for 12 years and I absolutely loved it. Obviously, my favorite thing to do was bounce on the trampoline and do flips off the end, seeing as I stopped in 7th or 8th grade. I tend to miss it a lot every once in awhile. So cool that you're keeping with it and it's something you're passionate about! Lmao tumbling is horrifying, face-planting into the ground at a super fast speed? NO thank you.

Thank you for sharing, it's so great to learn more about you ❀

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@lecoupdefoudre OMG I'm so glad that I'm not the only person with dysfunctional eating habits on here, ahahaha. And right?! why do I have to eat actual nutritious food. smh

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@mint oh yeah RP is definitely pretty widespread!! though I really love PV/urstyle for the aesthetic component and the fact that the community dynamics are different????? there's definitely uhhh drama in the other communities I'm in, lol. And stupid gamer boys with their """""meme misogyny"""""" (they're not being serious but like, it gets REAL old and very annoying after a while)

the trampoline is honestly the MVP of gymnastics, omg. I'm glad someone else w/ gymnastics experience is terrified of tumbling-deffo feel a lot better about my complete inability to not be scared AF every time??? hahahaa

• Battle of the Books

It was so nice to find out a bit more about this person I have admired for so long πŸ™‚ I really hope you find a way to improve your mental health and don't just disregard the way you're feeling.
    Also:

• A:TLA is the best! It's one of those shows that I keep going back to.
    • Raw baby spinach is integral to my diet and making me feel like I'm being healthy.
    • I have not read anything on your favourite books list which is alarming to me, but I know I have to read something of Gail Carriger's soon.
  • NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@forebodinq aww thank you so much! You give me way too much credit ahaha ❀

ATLA is everything, honestly. Besides the fact that the creators incorporated so many diverse cultures into the series (i'm still!!! learning new things!!!!! about all the references!!!! the Dai Li in Ba Sing Se, for example, i'm pretty sure are a reference to an actual person, who was Chiang Kai-shek's head of secret police or something in nationalist china-I didn't get this reference until I was doing reading for a modern chinese history class first semester of college and they offhandedly mentioned the guy, hahahaha), the character development and plot are all a+++++++++++. i will never be over ATLA

honestly I only eat so much raw fruit/veg because I'm too lazy to cook and they're always about to expire when I eat them. my life is a mess

and hahaha, i have been screaming about gail carriger since BOTB on PV. will I ever chill about her? probably.....not? πŸ˜‚

• i'm so pleasantly surprised that one of your major is spanish idk why i thought you were attending a dance academy where you study to be a primaballerina lmao. also i love love love that you are so passionate about our poor little planet she needs all the protection pls never stop fighting !!!!

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@spacelava wait honestly I'm so shook that's such a compliment??? wish I could do ballet??????? lmao

❀ ❀ ❀

• MY UNDEAD GIRLFRIEND

Aahhh you're literally the coolest!!! An absolute badass! You created so many amazing groups (I'm still obsessed with Glitter & Guts), as well as putting together that amazing Discord server that helped me get through NaNoWriMo this year. Also, we have basically the same taste in media? (A Haikyuu!! friend! We so need to make that group happen!)

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@eureka !!!! thank you!!! ❀ ❀ ❀ you are also super cool. probs a lot cooler than me lmaoooo

AND YES. HQ needs to happen!!!

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.