Navy wall interior trend (how to style it)

• First interior post, here goes.
    This is about navy blue coloured walls. A really popular trend recently in interior design. So, let me tell you some ways to rock this trend in your home.

alt text
    1- Use the navy wall as a feature behind a bed or sofa. Then have light or white walls for rest of room. Bring n blue accent pieces like cushions or throws to tie it all together.

alt text

2- Mix different textures with your navy wall. Try nature or stone/brick walls. It softens the dark tone. It's great for industrial or ultra modern styles. Plus its gender neutral.

alt text

3-Navy is such a dark hue so you might need something to get light back into room. Mirrors are great for making room brighter. They reflect light around the room. Large decorative mirrors or collection of smaller ones are both going to look stunning. Plus the contrast of gold, silver or even wood mirrors is beautiful with navy.

alt text

4- The wall in navy doesn't have to be plain either. Try a bit of pattern on your wall in this hue. You can make a real statement here. Match it with other prints like a rug or curtains.

alt text

5- Paring your dark wall with bright furniture is such a bold look. The contrast is great. This look makes the room much brighter. Best thing here is to keep some decor pieces navy to keep the room cohesive. Otherwise your dramatic coloured furniture will seem out of place.

alt text
    6- These walls are a great way to make an artwork stand out. Art with lots of colour really pop. Gives the room a dramatic feel. Perfect for big art or gallery walls.

alt text
    7- Green plants stand out on this dark backdrop. It really is a great way to breakup a room area. The larger the plant the more of a feature you will make. Perfect for sectioning of different zones in a room. Such as a reading nook or study corner.
    Hope you've enjoyed reading and learnt something.
    -Request in comments
    -give me a follow to stay updated on posts
    -give me a vote if you like this post (click the heart bellow)

Cheap but Trendy
    828 5 2 Share

Comments (4)
  • Morbid Curiosities

I painted my guest room navy and white about 7 years ago, the wall above the headboard is a gallery wall with only black & white photos and art in black frames with white mats. It is beautiful and has held up over time. recently added a few touches of red in the bed sheets and throw pillows and that really made it pop! I love your advice and examples!! Thank you! KarenLee

• Cheap but Trendy

@kleasterling ooh the red sounds really dramatic with the navy. Thank you for reading my blog.

• Morbid Curiosities

@dotingsage I will continue to, I love your style!

• Deutschprachige Gruppe

awesome dear!

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.