Help with .png items

• Magazine Look

Dear URSTYLE friends, I've noticed that some of you have problems with .png images (in general - edited images without background). There is a solution for real .png images (or "tubes", as artists call them) 🙂

You do not need to crop them - just set them to "Full background" in the Creator (cropping tool). Since their background is already deleted, they will look normal. Check the examples on the pictures below.

0_1537008845049_1.png

0_1537008851284_2.png

Please note that this will only work for items that were properly edited (their background was removed properly and they were saved properly - usually in .png format).

I hope that this tip will help you! 💝
    Anita

❇ EDIT: I'd like to add one more thing: If the checked background disappears when you open images in a new tab, it's a real png - if the checked background stays, then it's not a real png. 🙂

Examples:

1. Real png (my browser background is dark)

0_1537106993279_screenshot-pngimg.com-2018.09.15-18-12-46.png

1. Not a real png

0_1537107005116_screenshot-icon2.kisspng.com-2018.09.15-18-13-08.png

• Polyfam

@vn1ta Thanks. I am sure that the items I have problems with is not
    saved correctly. This is special faded items from Polyvore. This was ok i Polyvore but not in Urstyle.

• Magazine Look

@johbri Dear, @auntiehelen posted this (on the pic below) in another thread, I think it will help you 🙂

0_1537017527604_screenshot-urstyle.com-2018.09.15-13-10-50.png

• When I am searching for items on chrome, I select in the color section transparent. It makes it easier to know for sure what I am getting. There just isn't as large a selection. I also use Gimp and remove the background of images and load to Pinterest (I don't have a website). Sometimes, that works and remembers it's a transparency, but for some reason it doesn't always work either.

• The Story Corner

You can check if items have a transparent background when searching Google images by clicking on the image so that it opens in a box on your screen. If you wait for this to load ( little line moves along bottom of image as it loads) you can see the transparent image with a checkered background. This is handy because sometimes images say they are png but they are not..... probably because they have been saved the wrong way to Pinterest! 😘

• Polyfam

@auntiehelen thanks. I have done this. But somtimes the checkred background will still be in the item when i try to use it . it is not possible to remove it witout destroying the item.

• The Story Corner

@johbri Yes, I noticed it doesn't work if you can see the checkered background on the original image ( before you open it) . I think someone must have saved it that way!!! Basically you have to ignore the ones that look checkered already and choose ones where the background looks white .. I hope that makes sense !!!!!!!

• The Story Corner

@johbri P.S. I did a screen shot to show what I mean.
    0_1537023086106_178d168d-59c9-4b25-9e51-ef07fd37138a-image.png https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/4d/8f/7c4d8f3b0d81d73db143e5ffaec984dd.png
    The umbrella image will work, but if I had chosen the image to the left of it, which already looks as if it has a checkered background, it will not work !😘

• Polyfam

@auntiehelen thanks thanks.. I hope it will be better after a while. I think I have to reorganize my items and delete those who are not ok. It is so irritating when you are going to pick an element by creating a set and it is not going to be like you want.

• The Story Corner

@johbri Yes, that happened to me too... when someone discovered Satinee's doll parts collections from Polyvore , I went to town saving them, only to discover later that they weren't png's!!! Such a disappointment !!! 🙄

• Twisted Gypsies

@vn1ta Thank you so much Sweetie! 99 percent of my Items are png's because they're so much easier to work with and the URStyle editing tools are excellent for cropping. I wanted to add that some PNG's can have a larger parameter around them, but can be easily cropped by going into the editing tools and using the dotted square or the pen (e.g., if you want to remove any extraneous writing or symbols that artist added with it),

A word again about copyright with Tubes. If the artist puts their watermark or logo on it, it's not copyright infringement when we use the Tube unless the artist actually created the object by drawing it or taking a personal photo of it, uploading it and then tubing it. Of course, we can't be sure where the original art came from on a Tube, but there a millions of free Tubes out there to choose from, so it's a personal choice. Just an FYI. 🙂

• Thank you so much for this explanation! I noticed I have the most issues with white items. Silver, too.

• Top Sets

yes and without backgroundsetting , I could also use the bar above and the chosen image, slowly faded, depending on whether I moved the bar up to half or until the end. F or more than a week this is no longer possible, its like its already arranged in advanced and i cant interfere as I want anymore. Ok, thank you!!!!

• Fashion Contests

@auntiehelen @johbri @MaisondeForgeron @RainHeartArt @vn1ta

I prefer to use png's over jpegs. I like the fact they are transparent and are easily worked with. I create my own pngs in Photoshop. In fashion sets, I usually use the clipped image as it. Most of the time, they are far from perfect, but white or light items do not adjust that well. The editor does not do that great of a job it you are looking for the perfect png image. If any of you need something extra special, I will be glad to remove the background for you, as long as it is not too detailed. If you see an image with the checked background, that does not mean if you clip it, it will be a png. However, most of those I download to my computer and then upload them to Urstyle. What @auntiehelen said above is true about png images in Pinterest. You have to open them in a second window as that brings you to the original Png. Then when you save it with the clipper, you will definitely have a "true" png format. Hope this helps.

• Cheap but Trendy

If your item has some white or coloured background remaining...even after clicking no background button. You can slide the bar above the cut background button. It will get rid of more of the colour you don't want.

Best to upload items with solid colour backgrounds if you want transparent finish.

And white clothes with white backgrounds have been known to cut background and part of clothing at same time.
    (adjust the bar a tiny bit to solve this as much as possible).

• @beverly I didn't know it was possible to upload from my computer directly to Urstyle? I thought I had to use something like Pinterest first because it had to come from an online source. Can you easily explain how to use it from our computers or is there a tutorial for that? Thanks

• Polyfam

@beverly @auntiehelen @MaisondeForgeron @RainHeartArt @vn1ta Very many great items from polyvore uploadet to Pinterest is impossible to open in a second window. Often the system take you direct to the ugly Ssense which has destroyed so much for us. Very happy that Urstyle appeared. This is my kind of relaxation and enjoyment in stressful moments.

• Polyfam

@maisondeforgeron
    You must install urstyle clipper. The clipper icon adds to your computer and when you find pictures that you like, click the Urstyle icon and you can upload the pictures . Perhaps someone has a tutorial. Good luck

• Polyfam

@maisondeforgeron You can get the CLIPPER here: https://urstyle.com/about_clipper .

• The Story Corner

@johbri Yes, I'm afraid if they were taken from Polyvore to Pinterest they will not open in a new window, they will take you to the source... which ,of course, is now Ssense. It really only works for things that you have edited yourself and taken over here as png images. You are welcome to raid my collections.. I have loads of png items! They are here:
    https://urstyle.com/user/auntiehelen/collections
    💕

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.