*TO BE DELETED ON 8/5/18* Romero & Julia {an invite-only RP} {R+J}

• alt text

You can find the audition set here

⟐ 𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍 ⟐
    [ ɢᴇɴ ɪɪ, ᴄʟᴀss ᴏғ 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟷 ]
    ᴀɢᴇ 𝟸𝟻

⟶ ᴏᴄᴄᴜᴘᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Teacher at Sunset Academy
    ⟶ ᴛɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀ+ᴊ Mayra was Julia's favourite teacher, and the one she would confide in with her deepest darkest secrets. Looking back, Mayra is worried she may have misinterpreted some of Julia's behaviour and maybe even some warning signs about her mental state. At the time, she had just become a mother and was, in all honesty, overwhelmed about her new role to think straight; any way you put it, though, she's definitely concerned something serious may have slipped between her fingers.

⟶ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ
    Sloane Willson, 50 || mother (fc: paulina porizkova)
    Born and bred in Jacksonville, it was pure coincidence that she got to meet Damien and fall terribly in love with a painter who’s spent his entire life wishing to move into a smaller town where he can work peacefully without any distractions. When it came down to moving into Key Biscayne, Sloane’s life came apart quite quickly — on the one hand she was faced with the possibility that her family (in which she was the eldest of five daughters) would turn their back to her for marrying an artist instead of a lawyer, following the family tradition, while on the other she felt there was no life worth living without Damien. She eventually made up her mind and eloped, completely cutting the ties from her family, and fell pregnant around the very few days living in their new Key Biscayne home. Despite her wilder younger self, Sloane turned into a strict mother the moment Mayra came to life, subconsciously seeking revenge from her own upbringing traumas. And while Mayra was able to determine that at some point in her life and start exercising forgiveness, Sloane’s youngest daughter is permanently at war with her mother. In her everyday life, Sloane owns a bakery in town, but spends most of her time running the business from home, where she carefully watches Hayley’s every move.

Damien Willson, 53 || father (fc: henry czerny)
    The coolest, most laid back father you’ve ever met. Damien has always had a way around his own children that was never imperative and punitive, but rather advisory. It was not unusual to invite either one of the girls to spend time in the studio with him while he was working, and casually drop a word of advice or quote that would “by chance” fit whichever situation his daughters were in. Unbeknownst to Mayra, Damien is well aware of what happened to her on the night of September 13 2009, and has tried many times to offer his help in the subtlest ways, but never knew how exactly to confront her about it. He just hoped and prayed time would heal that wound, but he is still unconvinced with regards to Mayra’s coping systems.

Hayley Willson, 18|| sister (fc: eliza scanlen)
    The revolutionary one out of the two, Hayley is a breathing walking riot. She may fool with her innocent looks and pretty face, but this girl is fierce and angry and has no idea what to do with all the bottled up feelings she’s gathered in her teenage heart. Weirdly enough, Mayra recognizes a lot of her sister’s struggles from when she was younger herself, and is actually terrified Hayley might get herself into big trouble without even knowing. Hayley came out as bi a year prior, and while her mother thinks it’s just a stupid phase, Mayra is starting to wonder whether her sister has any interest in boys at all.

Joaquin Santoro, 26 || long-time boyfriend (fc: marlon teixeira)
    —— will wrote after auditions end

Grace Santoro, 1 || daughter
    Grace is quite literally Mayra’s top priority, first and foremost reason for staying alive and, admittedly, the last bit of hope that maybe she and Joaquin are going to be okay. There are few things that would make a stranger recognise Grace as Joaquin’s daughter, as she’s taken most of her features from her mother’s side, which has been vastly discussed about around town, various conspiracies surfacing.

⟶ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs
    Lexi Verdone ||
    Mr. Verdone ||
    Josefina Santoro ||
    Rachel Jones ||

⟶ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ ʜɪsᴛᴏʀʏ: Mayra’s first boyfriend and, unfortunately, first love was Jake McCallan, one of the local high school’s “coolest” kids. He was rich and gorgeous and powerful among his peers and Mayra wanted to show off, even if that meant lowering herself to unprecedented depths under his pressure. The relationship was not only toxic, but one particular moment at the very beginning of it left Mayra with life-long panic attacks and night terrors. After managing to break free from Jake, Mayra left for university, where she casually dated Victor Rosmann, an foreign student doing aerospatiale aircraft engineering on a scholarship. Things were going good for them, although Mayra was awkward and slightly distant when it came to more intimate gestures, and at some point they were fantasizing about getting married at the end of university. However, something went terribly wrong with Victor’s visa and he was forced to leave the country after his third year of study. Finally, Mayra is currently dating Joaquin, whom she’s met through a mutual friend after having known of him for a while. Despite Mayra being convinced he is the love of her life and the man she would most like to spend her life with, the relationship has been rocky, with few signs of improving. Not only are his ties with Sasha affecting their lovestory, but Mayra is also growing worried about him still dealing, especially given his previous OD experience.

⟶ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ-ʙɪᴏ: Don’t be surprised if you hear Mayra saying Key Biscayne is her world. A small town girl through and through, she feels fidgety and alone in larger places, and was the only one in her family to sigh deeply when trips to Miami or Tampa were announced. She likes the comfort of a close knit community, and despite the small-scale crimes that happen in any other town, she feels safest in the comfort of her neighbourhood.
    Ever since she was little, Mayra dreamt of becoming a teacher. There are multiple versions to this story, her mother insisting this urge came from all the time spent playing with baby dolls, while her dad would argue any day his daughter’s wish was always, above all others, to help others. For all she knows, Mayra has always been motivated by seeing others grow as people, and for that exact reason she went on to Florida State University to pursue a major in Elementary Education, which she graduated from in 2014. Upon receiving her undergraduate diploma, Mayra was the first of her peers to drive right back home, while others were still lingering around trying to figure out jobs and internships. Not long after making her return back to Key Biscayne, Mayra landed a job at Sunset Academy -- it was a huge deal and a fast-lane ticket to her life-long dream coming true, so she made everything that stood in her power to prove her worth. Sure enough, it has been her only employment to date, and she has no intentions to change that.
    Being a teacher, as well as her kind nature, have helped establish her reputation as a sweetheart, an angel on earth, but there’s more to Mayra than meets the eye. To start, she has always had issues communicating with others, mostly due to her not being able to relate much to the things children her age were into. She grew up as a loner, and was sometimes bullied by kids who thought she was mentally deranged or disabled. Later on, as puberty hit and her awkward, tall body started morphing into a gorgeous young lady, Mayra felt the need to push herself out there and cross all boundaries to prove she could be cool, she could be rebellious, she could be like everyone else around her. This ambition led to a toxic relationship with Jake McCallan, one of the ‘cool’ guys in her high school. It’s a part of her life she has blocked out completely from her memories, yet still creeps back into her consciousness when her students -- girls, most commonly -- come to her asking for advice about dating boys and having their first times. What happened on the night of September 13th, 2009 is Mayra’s deepest darkest secret which nobody - not even her closest friends - know anything about, although it clearly is the primary source of her panic attacks.
    Her demons started calming down once she was properly introduced to Joaquin. Mayra had seen him before, mostly due to his relationship with Sasha, but had never had an actual conversation with him. It was Lexi who played the matchmaker, and despite her initial reluctance, Mayra found herself instantly charmed by his wits and his careless vibe. It was well into their first year of relationships that she started hearing rumours about Joaquin still having feelings for Sasha, and while he would constantly tell her otherwise, there was no denying she felt there still was something going on. About halfway through their relationship Mayra was advised by those closest to her to break it off and set Joaquin free, if that was the best thing to do for both of them, but she couldn’t build the strength to say goodbye. Joaquin is, and probably will always be, her greatest love, and no matter how hard it is sometimes to decide whether the feeling is reciprocated, she is determined to fight her fight.
    There’s another reason why Mayra keeps holding on to Joaquin is their daughter, Grace. At one year old, there’s been more gossip about this kid than anyone Mayra’s met to date -- people have said Joaquin got Mayra pregnant to stop speculations about a possible affair with Sasha, or that Mayra herself was seeing another man, but none of these matter at all. Grace is Mayra’s greatest pride and joy, the reason why she wakes up in the morning every day and pushes herself to become a better human. Her love for Grace runs endlessly and you better believe she will stop at nothing to protect her.

⟶ ʟɪᴋᴇs: DIY and craftsy activities (which she used to always do as an elementary teacher), spending time with her daughter, small towns and the feeling of comfort that comes with knowing all the places and building relationships with people in her community, the fact that her students trust her and take her advice, waking up extra early in the morning to make coffee and take a long shower to start the day, thrift shopping and experimenting with her style, driving around town once a week with her younger sister for some girl time, seeing her girl students stand up for themselves better than she and her peers used to back in the day, keeping journals, underlining quotes she loves in books she’s reading.
    ⟶ ᴅɪsʟɪᴋᴇs: people who are scandalized that she and Joaquin had a baby before getting married, the fact that Jake McCallan is married with kids and still lives in the same neighbourhood he always did, people who try to be nosy and dig deep into her personality and history to find something juicy, being taken by surprise (has something to do with the night of September 13th, 2009), being catcalled, having the entire community give unsolicited advice about motherhood and pregnancy, parents who are rough on their kids for no reason and don’t realise they’re inflicting trauma on them, people who don’t recycle and don’t believe in the constant decaying of the planet.
    ⟶ ғᴀᴄᴛs:
    FSU Alumni
    Roommates with Sasha in their junior year.
    Julia’s favourite teacher
    Doesn’t think too fondly of Sasha
    ⟶ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʟ: Stormi Bree
    ⟶ ᴛᴏᴘ 𝟹: 0. Reesha 1. Hot Detective 2. Josefina 3. Rachel
    ⟶ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ sᴀᴍᴘʟᴇ: optional

• hi loves, i'm dying to write !!! i can't wait to get this group started. i'm assuming i've heard from those who need more time to finish their character bios {please message me within the next 24 hours if you haven't yet!}

basically by 8/1, midnight EST, please have ~what you can get done~ posted! because jo & i will hopefully post a cast within the next 24 hrs! since this was invite-only to begin with [and meant to be tiny, and we're very happy with what we've seen], if you can't finish all your details, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. besides, you can finish that bio or make a new one in collaboration with the rest of the group 🌝

getting it all done in time places you as a priority to the character you want. lastly a little reminder: we did post that you might get assigned more than one character. i want you guys to know it's of course optional as to whether or not you want to write for them both or not. when the cast is posted, let me know if you don't want to accept your character(s).

that's it! once the cast is posted i'll be creating our "news" board which will be where we suggest events + post news about R+J. the first stories will be in reaction to the first news released about them...

aren't you excited? 🌹 thank you for your time 🌹

• MODELS OF COLOR

I'M EXCITED AS FRICK!!!!! ☠ 👅 💩 🐍 ✴ ♥

• bell, book & candle

@ahlexandra I'm excited. Hopefully I can work on Josefina's bio during the day tomorrow. Last muinute ftw but I've had work and a movie outing the past weekend/few days

• { MMN }

@agentdanascully im creeping on these auditions ofc and ohhhh my god the vid you added before it IS ONE OF MY FAVES. chris fleming is a treasure

• @little-red it's such an iconic video, i love chris so much...alternative required viewing was going to be the one on jimmy buffett lol

• hi angels,
    i'm working on posting a list of characters who are for sure part of the cast. if you don't see your name, it's probably because you told me you needed more time. we really wanted to start writing like yesterday so we'll be a little strict if you don't have at least a bio up in the next 48? hours.

and just so you know, @virgotrash and i noticed the posts here are sometimes glitchy and/or not updating. so please try posting all of your audition info WITHIN your set! it'd be really helpful.

lastly! i'll be posting all the cast choices here. when we're done with auditions i'll delete this board. today our NEWS board is going up and i'll set us up to get started with the first info on R+J's disappearance 🥀

xx alex

• additions to the cast

GEN II
    Mayra Wilson, 25 {Class of 2011}
    https://urstyle.com/styles/1779285
    written by @at0mic-soul

GEN III
    Armani Cleveland, 17 {Class of 2019}
    https://urstyle.com/styles/1775753
    written by @filthysoul

Rosaline Verdone, 17 {Class of 2019}
    https://urstyle.com/styles/1773715
    written by @spacelava

Alisha Verdone, 16 {Class of 2020}
    https://urstyle.com/styles/1775328
    written by @mint

Leonardo Kowalski, 16 {Class of 2020}
    https://urstyle.com/styles/1780133
    written by @agentdanascully

more to come (i assume) 😉 check your sets for my comments on updates/excited spazzing

• Raise your hand if you’ve ever been personally victimized by the urstyle glitches🙋‍♀️

I had it all up on my form yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared. So now it’s up on my set! Hopefully the forum updates itself soon. Either way, I think it’s all up on the set now! (Unless here’s a glitch for that too😂)

• @lecoupdefoudre ugh that glitch is scaring tf out of me. usually when i refresh it works - so far. ty for the update!!

ACTIVE URSTYLERS

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.