๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐‘’๐’ป ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“๐“Ž ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐‘’๐’ถ๐“ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“€๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’น๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“‡๐‘œ๐“Ž (๐“‰๐‘”๐’ท)

• โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ยทโ—ˆยท โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

0_1627768036505_Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 5.46.52 PM.png

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

alt text

๐“ฃ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ฎ๐“ฝ #

โ—ˆ ๐™ฑ ๐™ฐ ๐™ฒ ๐™บ ๐™ถ ๐š ๐™พ ๐š„ ๐™ฝ ๐™ณ โ—ˆ

๐™ต๐šž๐š•๐š• ๐™ฝ๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ . Massimo Fiorello-James Agnello
    ๐™ฐ.๐™บ.๐™ฐ . Mo. Mo-mo, by his mother.

๐™ฐ๐š๐šŽ . Twenty-two.
    ๐™ฑ๐š’๐š›๐š๐š‘๐š๐šŠ๐šข . 2nd October
    ๐š‰๐š˜๐š๐š’๐šŠ๐šŒ . Libra . Virgo . Aries .

๐™ฑ๐š’๐š›๐š๐š‘๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ . Amalfi, Italty
    **๐™ท๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š๐š˜๐š ๐š—๐šœ . New York, New York, USA; Houston, Texas, USA

๐™ป๐š˜๐š˜๐š”๐šœ . Pierre Ramos

โ—ˆ ๐™ต ๐™ฐ ๐™ผ ๐™ธ ๐™ป ๐™ธ ๐™ฐ ๐™ป . ๐™ท ๐™ธ ๐š‚ ๐šƒ ๐™พ ๐š ๐šˆ โ—ˆ

๐“•๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ผ ๐“๐“ฐ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ธ

Industry titan. Rated by Forbes and Business Insider one of the most innovative entrepreneurs of the 20th century. There's countless projects that come to mind with Florens, and The Grand Behemoth is perhaps his proudest of them all. Shipping and railroads have been the name of Florens' game since he was a mere child. The Agnello family stretches far back, with the first instance of their claws landing in the transportation business dating all the way back to the era of cowboys. It's said that Great Grand-papy Agnello rode with the best of them, traveling from Italy to America in order to pursue some twisted version of the American Dream. From there, the rest is history. Florens is the first Agnello to truly make a name for himself and become a ruler of the industry. The Behemoth is not just his second child - it's the first sign that the Agnellos are finally, for real, making it in the USA.

๐““๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ช ๐“๐“ฐ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ธ

To say that Diana is a victim of 20th century standards and misogyny would be an understatement. She has taken on the role of a political wife, of sorts. She sets aside any dilemmas with her husband's practices and personal life in order to continue to love him and protect the family name they've both worked so hard for. After all, where would Florens be without her tender loving care? Her home cooked meals? Her crisp ironing? The only thing separating Diana from a full-on Jane Austen adaptation is the fact that she gathers her own gaggle of suitors. Her husband and her have an agreement, resulting in an open relationship (quite remarkable for a couple that appears to be a text-book case of the nuclear family). In fact, one could say that Diana and Florens have never loved each other more since they made the choice to enjoy the company of others while still being in love with the other person. If only Mo would see it this way... though he doesn't exactly know that his parents still love each other, given he hasn't spent much time with them since he was 15.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“๐“ฐ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ธ ๐“•๐“ช๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ž๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต

Everything here is subject to change; I just wanted to give an overview of how I see the family history playing out

1841 - Ogden Agnello comes to America, becoming the first Agnello to step on American soil (his baby son would soon follow upon his death). He works on constructing railroads for the next 18 years. At some point, he also works on trains themselves, though never becoming a conductor. Before his untimely death due to unsafe working conditions, he was attempting to plan for his son to come to see him.
    1859 - 1860 - Fortunato Agnello comes to the United States from Italy, hoping to continue the family quest. With the money his father had saved not lasting long, he gets a job as a mail carrier on The Pony Express

1861 - 1863 - The Pony Express ends. Fortunato Agnello is forced to look for other employment. Fortunately, he is able to work his way up from a telegraph attendant to manager quite quickly. This is the next venture of the Agnello family and their quest to achieve the American Dream

1869 - 1900 - For the rest of Agnello's life time, he transitions from telegraph back to his father's dream: transportation via railroads. Fortunato marries, birthing one son named Bruno. Fortunato works on constructing the tracks, ultimately saving enough money to send his son to college. From there, Bruno becomes an engineer, designing two major transcontinental railroads. It is said that Bruno Agnello is where Florens gets his innovation from.

1900 - 1945 - With the turn of the century, Bruno attempts to make great moves for the Agnello name. After forming his own railroad construction company and shipping company with his son, Alessio, Bruno sends Alessio off to New York in order to expand the business. With Bruno in Texas, the South is essentially covered, while the North is largely left to others due to politics. This is when Alessio begins to form ties with the Italian Mafia, which begins to enter into the scene at this time. There's a rumor that there's an Agnello heirloom where Ales and Capone are sitting in a diner together. Every Agnello refuses to comment on this rumor. Including Massimo.

1946 - 1971 - Upon Bruno's passing, the Texas business was left unattended for many months until Alessio's cousin, Ignacio, travels over from Italy to manage it. The two are a powerhouse together, until Ale passes in an assassination at a political rally where he was supporting the Mafia's puppet candidate (who promised to help the Agnello Railroad and Shipping Co. with permits and avoiding monopoly busting). From there, the family reacts to the extreme. A young Florens is sent back to Italy with his mother to live with his extended family and grandmother. Ignacio and Berto, a family friend, handle the company while Florens is growing up.

1972 - 1998 - Florens proves himself to be a prodigy of sorts. He is a genius when it comes to inventions, particularly when it comes to understanding how railways work and the construction and design of trains. Given it was the only thing connecting him to his father, Florens became obsessed with trains. The result was Florens attending university, returning to the United States. Barely knowing any English, Florens quickly becomes accustomed to his life in the United States and eventually Ignacio and Berto retire, leaving the business just to Florens. It's apparent that he has big ideas, and everyone leaves him to it. It was time for the Agnellos to rise up. From there, Florens fully furnishes and cements the Agnello name as a household one - up there with the Vanderbilts. Florens produces several new models of trains, diversifies the business to stretch into other types of shipping, especially with the invention of the Internet underway. To put in simple terms, he is Jeff Bezos but for the 20th century (and the 21st century too).

1999 - Present - *When Diana became pregnant with Massimo, Florens insisted they return to Italy for at least four years. Leaving the business to itself, he took a much needed break and allowed his child to be raised the way he had. He believed this would set up Mo for greatness (it did not). Then, they returned to Texas, avoiding New York all together. This, too, was going to prepare Massimo for the real world but in a way that didn't scare him (it did). Growing up in Houston, Mo developed an odd accent given his first language is technically Italian. That, coupled with a southern drawl, made him stick out. However, Florens didn't care. He cared more about teaching Mo the business. For the entirety of Massimo's childhood, he was carted between Texas and the Agnello Estate in New York. The change was always a shock to his system, and he would be lying if he didn't say he wished that he could've stopped for a moment to enjoy either state. However, that didn't matter as Florens was busy building the family empire. By the time Mo was shipped off to boarding school, the Agnello name was just as common as The Times.

โ—ˆ ๐™ฑ ๐™ธ ๐™พ ๐™ถ ๐š ๐™ฐ ๐™ฟ ๐™ท ๐šˆ โ—ˆ

Florens Agnello's only child, accompanied by his (secretly) estranged wife of a few months. Mo figures the only way this will be a holiday for him is if he is heavily medicated the entire time- and maybe not even then. For one thing, his wife (from an arranged marriage) and he will be forced to share a compartment, while, at home, they are free to live separately. Being surrounded by people who know his father, anything amiss would surely reach his ear...which simply won't do. The old man's been begging for grandchildren, after all. To say nothing of the fact that Mo is fairly certain his ability to remain happily married as well as produce a healthy grandson has some significant weight on his inheritance...and he, least of all, would want to jeopardise his endowment... . To complicate matters further, he can't get Caelia out of his head- a horribly knotty ordeal weighing on his heart and mind as she is his father's mistress. He feels he must attempt to avoid her at all costs and play the doting husband on his "honeymoon" (Florens' word, not his own) for his own good. All in all, Massimo expects the worst experience of his young life outside of his surprise wedding day.

When Massimo Fiorello-James Agnello entered this world, his mother felt the world, and her heart, move in his favor. He was "the most darling child," in her words. Florens never felt the same. He always saw his only son in plainer terms. He didn't feel that earth-shattering realization that his wife did. Diana Agnello wouldn't stand for this, yet it seems that her husband would win this war anyways.

While Mo would never call the tension between his parents traumatic, there were times where he felt lost. Born into such wealth - born into such a logical family - made it easy for Mo-Mo to be lost to the sea of nannies and the occasional drunken fist fight between his parents. To be frank, Massimo can't remember a time where he felt the love his mother proclaimed to have, nor can he remember a time where a conversation with his father didn't feel forced. Parents were, and still are, a pretty foreign concept to him. Though, with all the money in the world and time to spare, it's easy for Mo to forget.

Upon reaching his teenage years, Massimo became the troublemaker. He and Alainan tore through their boys school, causing chaos. It wasn't until the angel-possession incident that things started to become a little too-real for the pair. The rumors have followed the two since then, though Mo is more so victim to other rumors. Possession was the least of his concerns. When the school and their families became fully-aware of the depth to the shenanigans and the state of Alainan and his angel-friend, it wasn't anyone's concern if he was under the same influence. It was as though everyone finally had a reason for why Mo always seemed a little off. His shyness-turned-rebelliousness-turned-potential-crimes caught the eyes of even his father. All of a sudden, his weird obsession with the human anatomy and the desire to become a doctor or a psychiatrist was a red flag. He was told he couldn't go off to college for either degree, so he avoided it all together.

Mo's life post-secondary was hermit-like. He disappeared into the Agnello Sleepy Hollow, keeping to himself. His mother delivered him food, setting the bags of groceries outside of the front door. It appeared for a moment in time that Massimo Agnello was going to remain unseen to the world, resulting in his disappearance for almost three social seasons. Therefore, when he appeared back on the scene and started to attend parties once more, everyone was surprised.

It felt like you couldn't go anywhere without seeing Mo driving around. He was, all of a sudden, a social creature who zipped from here to there and back again. He started seeing Alainan again. He started seeing all of his friends again. His mother was happy, and his father showed an interest for once. Florens stopped talking about his newest project and started asking his son about what he was doing with all of his time. Little did Mo know that it was all a ploy to thrust him into something he was completely unprepared for: marriage.

On the day he reunited with Perronelle, Mo was disheveled. His father had spent the better part of the day lecturing him about the responsibilities he had as the sole inheritor of the Agnello fortune. This included maintaining a gentleman-like presence fit for an Agnello, "siring heirs" (as he had called it), marrying a fine girl, and carrying on the innovative spirit that brought the family all the way from the home country. The same spirit that made them one of the most recognizable names in New York and Texas.

โ—ˆ ๐šƒ ๐šˆ ๐™ฟ ๐™ธ ๐™ฒ ๐™ฐ ๐™ป โ—ˆ

๐™ป๐š’๐š”๐šŽ๐šœ . cognac, French perfumes, Caelia, heavy jackets, gold details + accents, romantic fantasies (likely involving Caelia), avoiding his father successfully, the smell of New York (gross, but to each their own), murder mystery novels, cigarettes, the rush of a race, gambling (particularly blackjack; he can count cards), crossword puzzles, human bones + collecting them, the smell of tobacco, cheap lighters + peeling off their covering, leather against skin.

๐™ฟ๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ๐š˜๐š—๐šŠ๐š•๐š’๐š๐šข . Indulgent, Avoidant, Yellow-Bellied (socially), Reckless, Crude, Awkward, Kind, Soft, Patient, Indecent, Hopelessly Romantic, Scatterbrained, Sullen.

๐™ณ๐šŽ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šƒ๐š›๐šŠ๐š’๐š . Devilish

๐™ผ๐š˜๐šœ๐š ๐™ป๐š’๐š”๐šŽ๐š•๐šข ๐™ฟ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ(๐šœ) ๐šƒ๐š˜ ๐™ฑ๐šŽ ๐™ต๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š . Joyriding, particularly past midnight. Usually traveling as far away from the Agnello estates as possible and finding some hot-shot with a car to race.
    ๐™ผ๐š˜๐šœ๐š ๐™ป๐š’๐š”๐šŽ๐š•๐šข ๐™ฟ๐šŽ๐š˜๐š™๐š•๐šŽ ๐šƒ๐š˜ ๐™ฑ๐šŽ ๐š†๐š’๐š๐š‘ . Alainan Corsair, though perhaps not regularly. Most days, Mo spends his time in solitude, seeking refuge in his tricked out Honda Civic. Still, on occasion, he travels out to see Alainan, his cousin and long-time best friend.

๐™ฟ๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ๐š˜๐š—๐šŠ๐š• ๐š‚๐š๐šข๐š•๐šŽ . closet. An even mix of Texan style (though certainly made appropriate for New York Fashion Week) and early 20th century silhouettes. A typical Mo outfit consists of his worn pair of cowboy boots, a plaid suit in a neutral color (he's a gray and blue-type boy), and a pristine, cotton t-shirt on underneath. Oh, and of course, a cowboy hat and a big statement belt.
    ๐š‚๐šŒ๐šŽ๐š—๐š . Maison Francis, tobacco, spearmint gum, and firewood.

โ—ˆ ๐š ๐™ด ๐™ป ๐™ฐ ๐šƒ ๐™ธ ๐™พ ๐™ฝ ๐š‚ ๐™ท ๐™ธ ๐™ฟ ๐š‚ โ—ˆ

๐™ฟ๐™ด๐š๐š๐™พ๐™ฝ๐™ด๐™ป๐™ป๐™ด . I think that them being childhood friends makes the most sense. I'm not trying to control the overall interpretation of Mo's dad but I think that wiith Perronelle's background, their friendship would be the only thing that would make his choice of her as his wife make sense (that wasn't English but pardon me; I'm running on fumes. Creativity strikes at weird times!). I'm perfectly fine with exploring whether or not they're end game at a later date. I think that either way it would be an interesting plot line to explore, especially if we worked in that maybe Mo had a bit of a childhood crush on Nelly? And now he's over it because he thought they were meant to just be friends?

๐™ฐ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ฐ๐™ฝ . I know that earlier I mentioned Alainan and I've written him to be somewhat involved with Mo. If someone ends up taking him, obviously this will all be subject to change! I simply thought that given the Agnello family feels very "all in the family" and all that jazz, it would make sense for them to be childhood friends. I think that their personalities would play off each other well.

๐™ณ๐™พ๐š„๐™ถ๐š๐™ฐ๐šˆ . I don't see Mo and Dougray getting along. Not necessarily in a combative way. I think that the obvious favoritism that exists between the pair when it comes to Florens would perhaps cause some tension when they were kids. Now, it's kind of just one of those things that feels unbreakable. I think that Massimo has outgrown the whole "Dad likes my cousin more than me" thing, but I think that he sees the status quo as unchangeable. Florens will always adore Dougray. Mo will always resent Dougray. End of story.

๐™ฝ๐šˆ๐™ผ๐™ฟ๐™ท๐™ธ๐™ฒ๐š„๐š‚ . Nym and Massimo have a weird understanding of each other, at least in my eyes. I don't see them hating each other, though I think that they are not friendly with one another. While Mo knows Nymphicus' relationship to his father, I think that he simply avoids the subject all together. It's only when Mo was reading one of Nym's books that the two sparked up a conversation (which, of course, Mo didn't realize was his novel). It was a well-kept secret of Mo's that he read the type of fiction Nym produced. Though, I suppose it's a secret no longer. After that conversation, the two have reached a quiet peace and are often able to share in a laugh or two over a drink from time to time. (If someone takes on Nymphicus, I would love to further explore a relationship/be willing to change anything that I've wrote here! I have some ideas about Nym turning into a confidant for Mo, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself!)

๐™ฒ๐™ฐ๐™ด๐™ป๐™ธ๐™ฐ . Caelia. Caelia. Caelia. The name flows so easily off of Mo's tongue. It's a familiar name; one he knows all too well. For the sake of avoiding further dramatics, let me say it plainly: the pair are avoidant of each other to almost a fault. Massimo doesn't trust himself around her, especially as the entire world can see him and his new wife parading around The Behemoth. I would love to explore a sort of "push-pull" relationship as you described!! I think that makes the most sense. I would love to plot out more about their past as I think it's a little vague and for story-telling purposes, obviously we might want to put some finer points to it!

๐™ธ๐™ฟ๐šˆ . I love the idea of Ipy flirting with Mo before realizing his marital status! I think he would be mildly intimidated by her, especially if Caelia had mentioned her before and knew that she is Caelia's favorite dancer. Not to mention the whole "having a wife" thing. I could see them perhaps having a friendship based off of that interaction, but of course Ipy is more than welcome to have ulterior motives. I'm thinking this might be especially interesting if, like I said, Massimo recognizes her as Caelia's favorite dancer. Perhaps, in an attempt to hold onto some piece of Caelia without facing the wrath of his father or suspect from those around him, he feels attached to Ipy?

๐š‚๐š†๐™ด๐™ด๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ด๐™ฐ๐š๐šƒ . It's hard for Massimo to put a pulse on Sweetheart. On the one hand, he wants to reach out. On the other, he recognizes that this desire to reach out isn't out of genuine care. He just wants someone to understand the seedier nature of his father. Nothing is more tiring than playing the mental gymnastics over which is more immoral: talking to her or ignoring her.

๐™ป๐™ด๐šƒ๐šƒ๐™ธ๐™ฒ๐™ด . If there's anyone on The Behemoth that Massimo avoids like the plague, it's Lettice. She's a nice enough lady, but he knows how easily the gossip-monger could unveil his secrets and ruin his fragile image. Mo doesn't care about what others think, until they tell their opinions of him to his father. It all goes downhill from there. Because of that, Lettice is not his favorite person to be trapped on a train with.

๐™ป๐™ธ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐™ฒ . While Massimo is terrified of being made the victim of gossip, that doesn't mean he's immune to rumors. He's heard... things... about Lilac. He can't quite put his finger on how to feel about Lilac. According to the things he's heard, he's terrified to cross her as she seems absolutely out of her mind. Though, most people say that about him. Perhaps they have more in common than what meets the eye?

๐š†๐šˆ๐™ฝ๐™ณ๐™ฐ๐™ป๐™ป . Given Wyndall's connection to his mother, Massimo is mildly familiar with the young girl. She tends to appear either uncomfortable or shy around him, so he tries to give her space. I could see them perhaps developing a friendship down the line? Perhaps bonding over familial arguments and discomfort?

โ—ˆ ๐™ท ๐™ด ๐™ฐ ๐™ณ ๐™ฒ ๐™ฐ ๐™ฝ ๐™พ ๐™ฝ ๐š‚ โ—ˆ

= drag races.
    = slight cowboy aesthetic (if you havent picked up on that yet)
    = i feel like he has gambling debts? not huge ones, but enough that his father is not happy
    = perhaps some unsightly rumors about him are in order? something about him being 'off' or inhabited by the devil or smth?
    = into the macabre
    = hamlet vibes

alt text

๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ท๐‘œ๐’น๐“Ž ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰ ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ท๐‘œ๐’น๐“Ž.

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

ยทโ—ˆยท

950 2 1 Share

Comments (1)
  • THE GRAND BEHEMOTH. {tgb}

just saw this! wow he's dreamy ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘„ ๐Ÿ‘
    I'm playing as Caelia so shoot me a message anytime if you'd like to plot!

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.