𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒢𝓇𝑔𝑒 π’Έπ‘œπ“π‘œπ“‡π‘’π’Ή 𝓉𝑒𝓍𝓉 π“‰π‘œ π“Œπ‘œπ“‡π“€ (π“Žπ’Άπ“Ž!)

• 1𝒽𝒾 π’»π“‡π’Ύπ‘’π“ƒπ’Ήπ“ˆ, 𝐼 𝓂𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒽𝒢𝓋𝑒 𝒢 π“ˆπ‘œπ“π“Šπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ....|

This is part two to to the 'Alicia is procrastinating at work and has also only gotten 4 hours of sleep' series. Part one, if you're interested.

The solution I have below still works but I posted an easier way here

So I'm sure everyone is very much aware that large colored text is still something that we don't have on a reliable basis.

Because like,
    %(palevioletred)[hi]
    -
    will yield

hi

while
    %(palevioletred)[hi]
    =
    gives us

hi

And it's just....annoying as fuck. Especially when
    |- %(palevioletred)[hi] -|
    -
    gives us

- hi -

????? like wtf???? If I had the energy to do so, I'd rag on URSTYLE's entire coding system (what genius came up with using SYMBOLS to code πŸ™„) but alas, I have not had coffee yet so that isn't happening

Here's the literally 0 IQ solution I came up with - so, for some random reason, putting a | before the -| in the previous line of code makes it format properly?????

So, if you do
    |- %(palevioletred)[hi] | -|
    -
    It fucking works.

hi |

So my dumbass just...
    |- %(palevioletred)[hi]%(white)[|] -|
    -

To get

hi|

And to balance the out the slight skew:
    |- %(white)[1]%(palevioletred)[hi]%(white)[|] -|
    -

1hi|

Hope this helped someone? But if anyone else has anything else to add, hmu or @ me ❀

NANOWRIMO πŸ“
    1667 6 2 Share

Comments (5)

• O M G i was S T R U G G L I N G
    πŸ˜‚
    how do you think like this AND on very little sleep???? i really wanna/need to know...

• Here you are being a GENIUS! I was honestly gonna continue to sit here and cry about it not working for the 36282892 time but here you are saving the day!

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@ahlexandra AHHHH ❀ we are all struggling

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

@filthysoul ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

• NANOWRIMO πŸ“

FRIENDS.

I have found an even better solution.

So URSTYLE uses Markdown on its blogs/forums, which is this text markup language that you can read more about here. And you know the | symbol that we use to center text and stuff? Well, you can display that character in Markdown using the HTML character code, |.

So,

centered paragraph

Is written in code as
    |- %(pink)[centered paragraph] -|
    -

Looks like your connection to URSTYLE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.